Freaky Deaky Nassau

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
Wow, Nassau was sure freak deaky on our trip this week! Since we disembarked to do the Segway tour, I figured I would look for some necklaces, as many of the vendors sell a type I really like. The Straw Market is totally shut down for rennovations, but I figured there would be vendors at tables on the street (there usually are even when the market is open). Nope. None. Nada. Not even one. There were absolutely no horse carriages either, although I distinctly smelled horse so maybe there were a couple that were out on runs. The Wonder was the only ship in port, so maybe the carriage drivers and vendors didn't think it's worth it to come out...or maybe they don't let the merchandise vendors out on the street anymore? I dunno, but it was very, very weird.

How was the Segway tour? Did you ask your guide or someone local what was going on?

The Segway tour was THE BEST! We plan to do it again either in Aug. or Nov. We didn't ask anyone because we didn't realize there were no vendors until the end...the cab picked us up right at the entry building, but we got out downtown after the tour and noticed the absence of sellers when we walked down to the street by the water.

Very odd for Nassau, usually you almost have to beat the venders off with a stick.:rotfl2:

That is freaky!

Can you share what kind of necklaces you like from there? I trust your opinion :goodvibes with all that experience!

I'd like to get a little something to bring back for a friend and that would be perfect.

Sorry this is so tiny:

s_0fafcdae7c44474694772ea94e6d3c01.jpg

I get them in all colors...some are just beaded rather than having hearts. They are very reasonably priced (bargain with the vendors) and extremely eye-catching.

Last time we were in Nassau they were everywhere!! That deffinately would be odd to not have any around. My dh really wants to do a segway tour on our next trip. Glad you enjoyed yours!

We were in Nassau last Friday and it was crazy crowded!!! You couldn't walk 5 ft without someone offering a cab ride, carriage ride, hair braiding, etc... We walked to Harley Davidson, Tortula Rum, Del Sol then right back to the boat, it was NUTS!

:confused3 I'm a little confused. We just got back today from the three-day Wonder. We were in Nassau on Friday. We went through the straw market and rode the horse and carriage ride. There is a big area blocked off where they are building a new straw market, but the old straw market is still there where it was when we went two years ago.

That is very strange.

Inkkognito - Was it some sort of Bahamian holiday when you were there on Friday? That might explain the eerie quietness???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter