Frazzled Bride-to-Be

daydreamer626

Daydreamer626
Hello all!

I've been reading the boards for a while, I love reading about everyone's experiences! :) The advice is also very helpful!

I am actually writting to ask for advice too. My fiance and I are actually going down to WDW on Friday to meet with our wedding coordinator and I was wondering what I need to bring to be prepared and what kinds of questions I should have ready to ask. We are planning a custom wedding for about 50 people, a morning ceremony in Epcot's Japanese Garden, no reception location yet (this trip is mainly a scouting expedition for that! And to sign a contract, of course!). I am just feeling so frazzled just thinking about the magnitude of planning that I have no idea where to start! Everyone here seems so organized and experienced, I'd really appreciate a little nudge to get me headed in the right direction! Thanks so much!!!!!!

I don't think you need to do too much preparing really. When I went to meet with my coordinator she really just let us talk about how we wanted our wedding to feel and then she gave us suggestions. I had Kristi Davis; she was amazing! So I would think really just think about what you want you wedding to be like, what the vibe will be like and they should be able to take it from there. Also think about if you want to have your reception close to Epcot or farther away, that would help to narrow down your choices. I am getting married at SPB and I wanted to keep it nearby b/c I didn't want my guest to feel overwhelmed (not all are big disney people like us :cool2: ) so that really narrowed down our choices. However, most of your details you will work out with your planner later Good luck and have a great time!

ecoon is right - the most important thing to have for this meeting is an idea of how you envision your wedding to be. When DH and I met with DFTW, we had just gotten engaged and I had no idea what Disney even really had to offer. The sales staff is great at giving you pros and cons of different venues and will steer you towards venues that will work for your size group and how you envision your day to go. Have a blast on your trip, and let us know what you decide :)

My Wishes VR is on June 26, 2008 as well! Good luck in your planning - only 325 days until our happy day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter