• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fraudulent charge on my Disney Visa

ChrisinNJ

DIS Veteran
I guess I have beeen lucky up until now. This is the first incident I have had. Someone charged airline tickets on my disney visa, to the tune of $766.00 :eek:

Chase is issuing new cards for me & DH. I just wonder how it happened....

Anyone else have to deal with this? Any issues getting it resolved??

They said I would get a claim form in the mail in about 2 weeks & to fill it out & send it back. And that I am not responsible for the charge...

If you have ever used the card over the internet then it's pretty much out there in database land. Could have been anyone. I'm glad that they are taking care of it for you. I've had this happen at a hotel (not Disney). My card was canceled and replaced, and all transactions were taken off.

This happened with our Disney Visa several years ago - - someone tried to purchase tickets on Czech Airlines and also at several merchants in Turkey.

Chase caught the suspicious activity right away and never approved the charges. They called us right away, closed the account, and issued us new accounts. They did send a claim form for us to sign.

Yours is the second post I've seen about problems with the Disney Visa this week. In addition, my brother's Southwest Visa, which is also Chase, was compromised this week.

Chase seems to have problems keeping their stuff safe, IMO....

Maybe your husband was trying to surprise you with a trip to Disney;) (Sorry... I couldn't resist)
Only if Disney was moved to Dayton OH!

I handle all of the household finances. DH has a Disney visa card, but never uses it without telling me.

He was looking at flights to a seminar he wanted to attend in Nashville TN. Even though I knew it wasn't him I called him to double check it anyway.....

I just hope this goes away easily & doesn't become a headache :headache:

We had a problem just after we returned from a cruise and Disney trip in December. The charge came through one month later and I called Disney Visa and they took care of it with no problems. Someone had bought themselves almost 2000 dollars worth of goodies from the apple store!!!

We never heard what happened but Chase could not have handled the situation any better!

It may not be Chase.

There have been two stories that stand out in my mind from the past year.

1. People were set up outside stores and pulling transaction information, including credit card numbers, that were being transmitted wirelessly within the store.

2. Waiters and waitresses who take your card to run your payment through ALSO run it through another device that records all the information from the magnetic strip. These are then given to someone else who makes duplicate cards. Charges may not start showing up for several months.

I had a similar incident last week. Got a call from my bank asking if I was vacationing because my card had been used 5 minutes prior at a store over 1000 miles away! :scared1: Needless to say it wasn't me, my bank credited my account for the 1300.00 the next day and I had to file a police report as well as the paper work with the bank.

We had this happen to us 2x when we had the chase visa. That was enough for us! We closed the account!

Happened to me a few months ago. Chase called to tell me that someone used my card in a CVS in Chicago (I live in Boston) and charged $300. The person tried again in another CVS in Chicago (for over $200) and it was denied.

The only thing I had done differently that day was to use my charge at T.J. Maxx. I never, ever charge there because of their history of massive security breaches but I was so sure they had resolved the matter and it would be safe to do so. Again, I can't prove it, but within an hour after charging something at TJX, the charges in Chicago hit my card.

The claims process was pretty painless and I am glad Chase watches my card as closely as they do. I was issued a brand new card number and consequently, some on-line orders I had placed were rejected, plus deposits I had placed on hotel rooms had to be done over (the fraud occurred the day before we left for a spring break trip to HHI).

We just had our Disney cards replaced because last week there was a charge from a shoe store in CT (we are in SC). We were told to call the store and when we did...it was a strange message. Chase closed our account and gave us a new account #.

UGH!

We had what we thought was a good friend steal our card number. Chase called me to ask about some odd charges if they were legit. I said no way. There were charges for a car payment to a bank I'm not associated with and apartment rental charges but we own a house. The apartment gave it away. We knew who lived there.

It turns out my wife had gone to dinner with these 'friends'. She gave the card to the waiter who went off. While he was away she went to the restroom. Apparently when the waiter returned with the card this 'friend' wrote town our card number and then began to use it to pay her bills.

Chase filed charges and state officials contacted us for all the info we had. The investigtor talked to this 'friend' and found her story was all over the place and inconsistant.

Chase refunded the total amount of $1600. Recently we learned this 'friend' was on probation for activating gift cards for herself at a store she worked at a few years prior. So with this the probation would have been violated which means jail. I have not heard from the investigator in about 6 months so I do not know what has happened since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter