• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FPs: Is this acceptable?

mom2AidanAndEli

DIS Veteran
I'll admit that we've already done this on previous trips, but now wondering if I'm breaking some sort of Disney rule--either written or implied! :confused3

My youngest is not a huge fan of the big rides--and neither am I! For example, Expedition Everest. He's never gone on. I've done it once and that was enough. On the other hand, my husband and oldest DS love that stuff! When we go to get FPs, we've always gotten the maximum--using everyone's card to get a FP. DH and DS go on EE using the first set of FPs, get off the ride, and get right back on using the second set of 2 FPs. So basically they're using all four FPs for our family, but doing two rounds with just two riders instead of us all going on.

Is this okay?

I'll admit that we've already done this on previous trips, but now wondering if I'm breaking some sort of Disney rule--either written or implied! :confused3

My youngest is not a huge fan of the big rides--and neither am I! For example, Expedition Everest. He's never gone on. I've done it once and that was enough. On the other hand, my husband and oldest DS love that stuff! When we go to get FPs, we've always gotten the maximum--using everyone's card to get a FP. DH and DS go on EE using the first set of FPs, get off the ride, and get right back on using the second set of 2 FPs. So basically they're using all four FPs for our family, but doing two rounds with just two riders instead of us all going on.

Is this okay?

Works fine for hundreds (thousands?) of guests.
Perfectly OK.

Have fun!

I asked practically this exact question and this seemed like a bit of a hot topic! Some people were saying its fine but one or two were saying its a big no-no! Luckily one Diser pointed out that using the single rider line is, in most cases, a much better option! I told this to my parents before their recent trip with my Aunt and Uncle as only 2 of them like to ride also and my mum reported that they were able to get on every ride multiple times and on a few occassions they were passing the same people standing in the Fastpass queue as they went round the single rider queue for a second ride! Hope this helps! :goodvibes

Luckily one Diser pointed out that using the single rider line is, in most cases, a much better option!

That's not really an "in most cases" kind of solution.
There are only THREE rides that offer a Single Rider Line in all of WDW.

Test Track-Epcot
Expedition Everest-DAK
Rock'nRollerCoaster-DHS

These lines might not be available at all times that the attraction is operating.

Not a very practical substitute for FP, considering all of the other popular thrill attractions.

That's just fine, though I have seen some funny people on here who think this is not ok because the fastpass says it can't be transferred. Always some in any big group!

You paid for 4 admissions into the park. 4 rides were enjoyed using your 4 park admissions... I see no problem with this and doubt Disney does either. Am I wrong?

I don't understand why this wouldn't be ok. You're allowed to get a FP for each ticket, what would it matter who actually uses the FP? It's not like the FP is linked to a name or each individual ticket. :confused:

That's just fine, though I have seen some funny people on here who think this is not ok because the fastpass says it can't be transferred. Always some in any big group!

For various reasons, I wouldn't worry too much about some of those posters for awhile.

mom2AidanAndEli said:

Is this okay?

I think this is fine!! The three of us love RnRC but I can only go once. We get FPs and ride then get another set. My son gets his and mine. Mom keeps hers. So they ride again together and then DS rides again alone. I don't know why Antoine would think this is an issue??

Jiminy'sGirl said:
You paid for 4 admissions into the park. 4 rides were enjoyed using your 4 park admissions... I see no problem with this and doubt Disney does either.

This

We do and here's why I have no problem with it...

Fastpasses are to save time in line...if you have to wait in a standby for a long time...then your family is waiting for you too...using their FP saves them having to wait longer on you!

You paid for 4 admissions into the park. 4 rides were enjoyed using your 4 park admissions... I see no problem with this and doubt Disney does either. Am I wrong?

I agree! And likewise, if for some reason we can't use the FP's we got, I don't think there's anything wrong with granting another family some pixie dust and handing them our unused FP's to use.

Thanks all! I thought it was fine, never even really thought about it! But then the more time I spend reading stuff here, the more I realize there are all these "unwritten" rules of etiquette! Wondered if I had been unknowingly stepping on someone's toes, but I guess not! :goodvibes

We were a party of 18 back in the day when they would let you return anytime after your time started. I was the designated hoder of all FP's and when one of the kids wanted to ride a FP attraction, they just asked me and I dug through the bag and said, "Who else is riding?" then I would count out the number needed and send them on their way.

Many of the adults, who had already ridden the rides throughout the years, were perfectly happy to see the kids enjoying them. And, if we had any extras, we would tell one of the kids to look for someone to give them to and offer them. They loved spreading some magic (albeit by "transferring" our FP's to someone else). ;)

Thanks all! I thought it was fine, never even really thought about it! But then the more time I spend reading stuff here, the more I realize there are all these "unwritten" rules of etiquette! Wondered if I had been unknowingly stepping on someone's toes, but I guess not! :goodvibes

It's a fair point - but your strategy is fine. We have done it too. My DS6 got to ride Splash twice in a row that way - three kids wanted to ride, the adults didn't, so we maxed out our FPs and I took two kids by myself to ensure all three got to ride.

If we leave a park before our allotted time, we hand the FPs to someone coming into the park on our way out. Although, we did once get someone look at me as though I'd just offered her a cup of arsenic rather than a fist full of free FPs :)

That's not really an "in most cases" kind of solution.
There are only THREE rides that offer a Single Rider Line in all of WDW.

Test Track-Epcot
Expedition Everest-DAK
Rock'nRollerCoaster-DHS

These lines might not be available at all times that the attraction is operating.

Not a very practical substitute for FP, considering all of the other popular thrill attractions.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear, I meant for those attractions with single rider. I'm in Scotland and it is 22°C, my head is fried and my body is having trouble adjusting!!! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter