• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fp+ ?!?!

SpaceMtMan

Mouseketeer
Hey friends!

We haven't been to WDW since they implemented fastpass plus. We might be going this summer. Could someone explain to me what FP+ is? From my knowledge, you SCHEDULE your fast passes for the day PRIOR to actually going?!? That ruins the fun! Please tell me this isn't right?

Thanks

Yes, you are correct. The old FP system is completely gone. The new system allows you to go online and schedule your FPs (now referred to as FP+s) in advance. Resort guests have access to the system 60 days in advance. Non-resort guests have access at 30 days out.

We love the new system. No more running around to gather FPs and hoping that the return window fits our plans. The new system has cut out a lot of criss-crossing the parks for us and allows us to make better use of our time.

Some other things to know, as of right now...
  • You will not be able to schedule FP+s until tickets are linked to your MDEx (My Disney Experience...see below) account.
  • You get to schedule 3 FP+s per person per day.
  • Your party can do different things, you needn't all book the same FP+s.
  • Your 3 FP+s must all be in the same park.
  • Epcot and the Studios have a tiered system. You get one choice from the headliners and two choices from the second tier.
Disney has said that they are working on allowing you to choose FP+s in different parks on the same day. They are also planning to allow you to get additional, same-day FP+s once your first three are used up. There has been no announcement as to when these changes will go into effect.

You will want to go ahead and make an account on the My Disney Experience portion of the WDW website. You can either make profiles for your party members or have them make their own accounts and then link yours to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter