FP+ Work Around, how to get more FP in a day thread?

You sound smart. You should probably start dumbing yourself down some and just go with the flow, Bro. ;)

Ha! you're absolutely right!

I think I'm just overcompensating for getting stomped in Scrabble by my 10 year old 2 hours ago. Taking it out on Disney's Implementation Plan just felt kinda cathartic.....

We had a package with 10 day MYW tickets in August on our KTTW card. On our last day we upgraded to AP's and received new cards. Those old August cards worked in the FP machines in October.

I think these cards worked because you had an upgraded AP on them. Yes? It wasn't like you had tickets that expired still on those cards.

It depends - if the but is on the app itself (which I doubt however) then it's a matter of not updating it. Also, (at least with iOS) they have a few days to submit a new one before the annual shutdown for app submission hits (between xmas and new years).

Considering KTP let them know about it a few weeks ago, and we all know how well Disney's IT department works.... I'm gonna say no. You can probably still do this today. ;)

Maybe that's why the two VP's were fired?? LOL

Would seem to make sense but they're not reconciling the completion of the FP+ he's in line for before he completes the transaction he's using to lock his acount in MDE. The time lag shows a probable time initiated batch for ride completion for multiple riders. So, they're not reconciling each individual guest's account or account status at the first or last FP+ scan. Why? - because they can pre-load the data for scheduled riders much earlier since it's a reservation. They can load that the night before, if they want to. And (they thought) just efficiently move any changes, like cancellations.

So, at this stage in the process, they're defaulting to whatever data that's in the user account as true for whatever conflict arises. Meaning, they're discarding the ride complete in favor of the newly stored FP+ reservation.

So if I am understanding you, I should be able to change my reservation right before I go on the ride as well? What do you think is the time frame for the kiosks to activate the change? Maybe those happen quickly so it would hit right away. Has anyone tried to change it before they access the "mickey head" to see if it still works for five or ten minutes? What if the standby line is 15-20 mins between scans? Still work?

Considering KTP let them know about it a few weeks ago, and we all know how well Disney's IT department works.... I'm gonna say no. You can probably still do this today. ;)

Maybe that's why the two VP's were fired?? LOL

It requires a backend change that will need to be tested. Basically, an additional check prior at the time of completing the transaction to verify if the FP+ was not used already as someone mentioned before.

Today, it more than likely still works. But, this is already being tested I imagine as we speak and the loophole closed very soon.

Remember that even if KTP mentioned in his blog, it might have not been enough attention. But word is out and I imagine now that it made it to a few more places like this, it's spreading out like wildfire. And now it probably did get someone's attention.

The more I think about it, the app is probably just an html5 app and hence this type of changes are completely in the back. Reminds me as to the loophole in getting FP+ ahead of time. Not sure if that still works or not (I learned about it a few days before mine timeframe went live) but I imagine that was probably locked down.

It requires a backend change that will need to be tested. Basically, an additional check prior at the time of completing the transaction to verify if the FP+ was not used already as someone mentioned before.

Today, it more than likely still works. But, this is already being tested I imagine as we speak and the loophole closed very soon.

Remember that even if KTP mentioned in his blog, it might have not been enough attention. But word is out and I imagine now that it made it to a few more places like this, it's spreading out like wildfire. And now it probably did get someone's attention.

The more I think about it, the app is probably just an html5 app and hence this type of changes are completely in the back. Reminds me as to the loophole in getting FP+ ahead of time. Not sure if that still works or not (I learned about it a few days before mine timeframe went live) but I imagine that was probably locked down.

No doubt they're working on it. I wonder how long it will actually take though.

So if I am understanding you, I should be able to change my reservation right before I go on the ride as well? What do you think is the time frame for the kiosks to activate the change? Maybe those happen quickly so it would hit right away. Has anyone tried to change it before they access the "mickey head" to see if it still works for five or ten minutes? What if the standby line is 15-20 mins between scans? Still work?

No. I'm pretty sure KTP stated that if you actually hit "done" before you go through BOTH mickey heads, it would cancel the existing FP+ and change it to the new one. Therefore deactivating the current FP+ reservation you are in line for at that moment.

All they have to do flag the reservation as "completed" when the customer hits the second checkpoint. The following "Done" attempt should see that the original reservation is now marked as complete and not allow the update. It sounds like a fairly easy fix, but who knows how complicated their IT group has set it up. It shouldn't be like they're offering health insurance options, or anything....oh, wait.

All they have to do flag the reservation as "completed" when the customer hits the second checkpoint. The following "Done" attempt should see that the original reservation is now marked as complete and not allow the update. It sounds like a fairly easy fix, but who knows how complicated their IT group has set it up. It shouldn't be like they're offering health insurance options, or anything....oh, wait.

:thumbsup2

I think Disney is expecting too much with the mobile app. Not everyone has a smart phone or wants to use it. Disney has no control over your phone, what you put on it, or your phone service. Yet they are relying on those things to control the user experience. If you can't guarantee service you at least need solid Wi-Fi coverage for the guests to use and a solid interface. I can't imagine working for Disney support trying to debug problems with guest's mobile devices because that is what's coming. I can't use the app. Do you have service? How do I tell? Do you have Wi-Fi enabled? What's Wi-Fi?

Seems like they were trying to not have to validate each and every guest against their account real time at the FP+ scanner for sys performance reasons and to not slow down the line. Easy to see why they would want do that, but KTP found a big hole in their reconciliation window. It's no small fix to switch to real time - esp. a back-end change, unfortunately, so there will need to be a lot of QA on this one.

This may seem like an easy fix but that's only on paper. We have no idea what kind of system they built behind the wall. Fixing this could be as simple as changing a few lines of code or it could be built very deep into the system causing them to have to essentially "undo" or even take down parts of the system which would be a nightmare for current guests. I know a small amount of coding but the way MDE already seems to run makes me think it's a gigantic ball of muck with all the errors, lag, and glitches. I wouldn't expect a fix for a month or two honestly. Also even if IT does know about the issue they have much larger problems to tackle.

The vast vast majority of guest do not know about this glitch.

I used the trick this morning. I wouldn't have even tried it had they not removed my paper fast pass option due to staying at pop century.

Since all of you are crying about their mistake...
I noticed my magic band says it can only be used by the same person on all days. Make sure none of you greedy parents schedule a fast pass for yourself under your kids band!

I think these cards worked because you had an upgraded AP on them. Yes? It wasn't like you had tickets that expired still on those cards.

I guess that's why.

Our KTTW card never worked again in the FP machines in August after I upgraded. I figured it was because I once had tickets attached to them and that seemed to be the general rule.

But the weird thing is when I went back in October, these old cards that didn't work in August after I upgraded, now worked in the FP machines. :confused3

Has anyone who is there now, or was, tried Kenny's little workaround?? Is it still working?? Just curious! :confused3

Has anyone who is there now, or was, tried Kenny's little workaround?? Is it still working?? Just curious! :confused3

I was at MK on Sunday, Dec 1st. I was testing this workaround and it worked flawlessly. It really was easier than I anticipated. I am a AP holder who stayed at both the BWV and All Star Sports for this trip. All the different ways to obtain paper FP's worked for the entire trip. KTTW cards from this trip as well as a card I found from 2010 worked for paper FP's. Also my AP cards worked if I wanted to use them for paper FP's.

For all the complaining about FP+, as an AP holder who stayed on property with KTTW cards, right now there is no better time to tour the parks. Before I get flamed I only used Kenny's workaround one day and the 2010 KTTW card I used was just a test to see if it worked. In fact I used that old card at Living with the Land.

My AP's and current KTTW cards were used at each park to compliment the 3 FP's scheduled ahead of time. CM's that I encountered knew about the double dipping and had no issue with using paper FP's while wearing a MB.

We were able to tour the parks at our leisure during a very busy period (Thanksgiving). I know once the old FP- machines go away, and having only 3 FP's per day at only 1 park, touring the parks will be tough. But until that happens, as an AP holder I am enjoying the best FP touring opportunities available to date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter