FP with an expired ticket?

juliekzp

DIS Veteran
My dad had to leave a Disney vacation a day early awhile ago, so he didn't use one of the days on his ticket, and the ticket is still showing up on my MDE account. I contacted Disney about it, and they say that the ticket is expired, but when I go to do FPs for an upcoming trip (which my dad is not going on), his name is an option, and I'm able to make FPs for him. Do you think those FPs will work, if I buy a magic band and link it to his account (our previous trip was pre-MB)?

My dad had to leave a Disney vacation a day early awhile ago, so he didn't use one of the days on his ticket, and the ticket is still showing up on my MDE account. I contacted Disney about it, and they say that the ticket is expired, but when I go to do FPs for an upcoming trip (which my dad is not going on), his name is an option, and I'm able to make FPs for him.

1. Do you think those FPs will work,

2. if I buy a magic band and link it to his account (our previous trip was pre-MB)?

1. If you can BOOK those FP+, my GUESS is yes.
(Likely a glitch, so who can say what will actually happen.
Lots of glitches have paid-off at the parks. )

2. If the ticket in question is already a plastic RFID-enhanced ticket, it would
work at the FP+ kiosks without the need of a MB.

MBs are not required to make or use FP+.

If it does it's a glitch.
He should show up on your list of family and friends, but when you go to make your FPs, he should be unclickable and it should say "needs park admission"

2. If the ticket in question is already a plastic RFID-enhanced ticket, it would
work at the FP+ kiosks without the need of a MB.

MBs are not required to make or use FP+.

The actual ticket is long gone, unfortunately, so what would be the best way to try to use the FPs?

Thanks for your help!

The actual ticket is long gone, unfortunately, so what would be the best way to try to use the FPs?

Thanks for your help!

MB is the only lower cost option.
If it's worth $13 to try it, go for it.

I had a similar situation. We have one day passes that were used from a Jan 2013 trip showing in our account also. I took the gamble it may be a computer glitch and we had duplicate passes (yeah right) and no one gave me as much information as you got, so I made fastpasses on them and then had them checked at the TTC to see if they were in fact valid tickets. (they were linked to magic bands we had from a prior trip). They are not valid, when disney scans them, they show as used but in MDE they don't. no loss on our part, we were offsite, so we purchased our one day tickets (that was all we were staying) and the CM linked them to the bands. He was uncertain if the fastpass+ would still work because they were made on the other tickets. Once we got in the mk, I went to a kiosk and had them check and everything was good. I don't know if your fathers would work because you aren't entering on the MB, and I don't know if they would link a MB to an expired ticket showing on their side?

I don't think you need to have entered the park with a MB for it to work with FP (or at least that was the consensus when I asked about it last week), but I agree that linking an MB to an expired ticket is iffy.

1. I don't think you need to have entered the park with a MB for it to work with FP (or at least that was the consensus when I asked about it last week), but

2. I agree that linking an MB to an expired ticket is iffy.

1. That's correct.

2. The $13.79 gamble.

Sounds like you have a ghost ticket on the account.
There are 2 on our account too, one for DH and one for DGD. I checked and while MDE shows them as unused they are in fact used (as I suspected). They were from pre-MB also
I can book FP with them. I have on several occasions. Once we buy working tickets the FP made before the purchase work just fine.
It's come in handy this trip as I have an AP for myself and will buy APs for DH and DGD when we arrive. I was able to make FP for all of us.

Hmmm....When you buy a MB and link it on the MDE website, do you link it to a particular ticket or to a person?

That gives me hope that I could buy a MB and link it to my dad's profile, which has FPs on it, regardless of the fact that those FPs come from an expired "ghost" ticket. Might be worth that $13.79....

Update, in case anyone is curious -- I ordered a Magic Band from disneystore.com, it arrived today, and I successfully linked it to my dad's profile in MDE. Woohoo!

Hmmm. Does this constitute loophole abuse? If not, it's a great tip!

OP, if I were you, I'd run back up to my first post and change the title of this thread to something everyone will ignore, like "Does Darth Vader Appear in SWW?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter