FP+ ... Will not book our Feb 2015 trip

rrsafety

Mouseketeer
We go to Disney every 18 to 24 months and have done so for years. Last week we began discussing our upcoming trip and so I delved into this FP+ issue and we've decided against a trip to Disney for the time being. There are the two of us plus our three kids of 14, 10 and 9. I always served as the "FP runner" and we always were able to do everything we wanted as many times as we wanted so long as we were strategic. In this way, we got our moneys worth from Disney.

Given the new FP+ system I just don't see us getting the same value. I see for us, less options, longer lines, forced on rides we don't want and not being able to ride the ones we love more often. How is this a win?

Maybe we'll just do a non-Disney cruise, instead ...

From everything I've read so far about FP+, all I can think of is the famous Bart Simpson quote, "I didnt think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."

I've been to Disney 3 times under the new FP+ system and have a trip coming up in 2 months. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Honestly, I have never encountered a problem with the new system and get on more rides than I ever have in the past, especially during heavy crowds. It does take some thought, but I don't really see the negatives. But…to each his own.

I've been to Disney 3 times under the new FP+ system and have a trip coming up in 2 months. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Honestly, I have never encountered a problem with the new system and get on more rides than I ever have in the past, especially during heavy crowds. It does take some thought, but I don't really see the negatives. But…to each his own.

We just got back and did not hate it, but definitely did not love it. We had an easier time because of the ability to use rider switch and we also had more down time than normal (which we wanted).

We got less done, not more, but we were okay with it this trip. Some people are not. Really not hard to see why it doesn't work well with some people's previous touring methods. If you get on more rides than in the past it's because you didn't use the FP- system to the fullest, which there's nothing wrong with, but some people did. There's no question that FP+ does limit what can be done, it's just about whether or not you were above or below that limit before.

I went in December and found I got on more with the fp+ that with having to run all over to get fastpasses. I may not have ridden soarin twice in row ..but I fastpassed it for another day. I honestly did more headliners on that trip, than any of my 13+ other trips. I wouldn't mind them opening fast pass for more than one park in one day ...but it did work the way it is now. I suggest you try it out before you decide you hate it.

We go to Disney every 18 to 24 months and have done so for years. Last week we began discussing our upcoming trip and so I delved into this FP+ issue and we've decided against a trip to Disney for the time being. There are the two of us plus our three kids of 14, 10 and 9. I always served as the "FP runner" and we always were able to do everything we wanted as many times as we wanted so long as we were strategic. In this way, we got our moneys worth from Disney.

Given the new FP+ system I just don't see us getting the same value. I see for us, less options, longer lines, forced on rides we don't want and not being able to ride the ones we love more often. How is this a win?

From everything I've read so far about FP+, all I can think of is the famous Bart Simpson quote, "I didnt think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."

I agree with Bart!! Hope you have a great vacation at a new destination!

I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised for our June 2014 (2 week) trip…but I won't hold my breath. I can't imagine that we will get in nearly as many rides as we did with FP-. I don't like this whole FP+ thing, but will give it a chance and make a decision after I try it as to whether we get our moneys worth.
Our trips will be fewer and longer in between if we don't like it.:sad2:

Everyone has to do what's best for themselves. Sometimes that means there will be one less rider in front of me. Win-win! Have fun! :goodvibes

Have a great trip wherever you decide to go!

I personally can't wait for my trip in 39 days with fp+! Pool in the morning, parks in the afternoon, what more can you ask for? :cool1:

I went in December and found I got on more with the fp+ that with having to run all over to get fastpasses. I may not have ridden soarin twice in row ..but I fastpassed it for another day. I honestly did more headliners on that trip, than any of my 13+ other trips. I wouldn't mind them opening fast pass for more than one park in one day ...but it did work the way it is now. I suggest you try it out before you decide you hate it.

I don't think I need to try it. In the old system one had a choice to use FP half-heartedly or use it to maximize its worth. Both ways were legitimate and depended on how one wished to enjoy the park. The new FP+ forces everyone to basically use the half-hearted method (limited number, once a ride only, etc.) .

I've noticed on the posts here and elsewhere that the folks who don't mind FP+ are the types that don't mind doing fewer rides and don't mind missing rides like Soarin'. That's great if that works for you. For me, I'd rather have changes to Disney that entice me with "more" rather than "less". Forcing everyone to use FP in the same way, providing fewer ride options and longer waits sounds dreadful.

Okay, goodbye
Lines are getting shorter.:cool1:

If you know it isnt going to work for you, why waste your money.
And hey its good to try new things...maybe go somewhere different instead.

So some of you support changes that make the park less enjoyable for some because it leads to fewer people in that park?

Very, very odd. I guess the message board has changed in its expectations for Disney. I must be one of the last true believers!

I support people vacationing where they want, I am just not sure why we need to hear about it, it does not affect any one else's plans

So some of you support changes that make the park less enjoyable for some because it leads to fewer people in that park?

Very, very odd. I guess the message board has changed in its expectations for Disney. I must be one of the last true believers!

No matter what Disney does, there will always be someone complaining about something. Personally, if I ever become unhappy with Disney, I will take my money elsewhere. That sounds exactly like where you are right now, so have fun with that. :goodvibes

Have a great trip wherever you decide to go!

I personally can't wait for my trip in 39 days with fp+! Pool in the morning, parks in the afternoon, what more can you ask for? :cool1:

This is our thought...sleep in, have brunch, go to a park, use FP+ in the afternoon, eat dinner, stay up late, and start all over the next day. We have pool days (with no parks) built in, and plan on a nice old fashioned monorail crawl (adults only trip).
29 trips to Disney World and couinting...next stop POFQ March 2014
23 days to go!!!:banana:

We have been lucky to vacation at Disney World more then 20 times. We knew how to use the old fast pass system and did to our benefit. That being said we went to Disney on Dec 26th to Jan 2nd. We were able to use Fast Pass+ We LOVED it. We thought it was wonderful. We still were able to ride our favorite rides multiple times, we were able to make changes as we went along. We never waited in line longer then 20 Min.

Like I tell my kids, it is fine to not like something BUT at least give it a TRY before you say you don't like it.

I think it depends upon when in February you planned to go. If you were going during President’s Week, that would take some careful planning. Everyone’s experiences will differ with regard to FP+. A little background on us—we’ve been traveling as a couple to WDW since 1998, some years having as many as 4 trips. I went with my parents in 1976. I have done no FP, paper FP and now FP+. We are not super planners but do like to have something to anticipate.

We just spent a few days in WDW. On 2/5 we had our 3 FP+ reservations in MK—BTMRR, Buzz, and Peter Pan—starting after 3 pm. We didn’t arrive at the park until around 12:30 pm (park was open until 10 pm). We also had a FP+ reservation for BOG lunch with arrival between 1:25 pm and 1:55 pm. Aside from lunch and a dinner break at Cosmic Ray’s, we took 2 other breaks within the park until closing. Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment, which is something we usually ride.

During our non-break times, we managed this:

Buzz – FP+ and immediate re-ride
PeopleMover – twice
Teacups
Little Mermaid
Philharmagic
Peter Pan
Small World
Winnie the Pooh
Haunted Mansion
BTMRR – 2 immediate re-rides and FP+ later
Jungle Cruise
PotC

We didn’t ride Space Mountain, but the wait time was really short. Wait times in general were non-existent. It almost reminded us of E-Ride nights and both said it was a fun day/evening. We could have done so much more but made the choice to relax a little, too.

We were in Epcot the next day, and the wait time for Soarin’ was typical (50-70 minutes). My husband rode Test Track as a single rider twice in a row with no wait. He had a FP+ for later in the day, but he went earlier because the weather was iffy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter