FP+... who hates it

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonesaleing

Mouseketeer
Besides me?

Just back from Disney and I think that they TOTALLY missed the boat with this program.
Why only 3?
Why so few FP+ kiosks in the parks? Really, I should wait 30 minutes on line only to be told that there aren't anymore fast passes left?
Why can't I FP+ at more than one park per day?
Why can't I access FP+ from my mobile device while in the parks?
Why are the non-fast pass lines so darn long when the park isn't that crowded?

We also did Universal and Express pass is better... hands down.

NOT ME.

Why only 3?
-you can get more after you use your first 3
Why so few FP+ kiosks in the parks? Really, I should wait 30 minutes on line only to be told that there aren't anymore fast passes left?
-you have to expect the more popular attractions to be gone. take what you can get.
-you CAN
-you CAN
-this is the unfortunate thing. its actually faster to get a FP+ that starts in 5 minutes than it is to go SB so use the FP+

it seems like its generally the people that used to abuse the FP- system that are not a fan of the new system in practice.

as for universal....
i went in the glory days.
i just went this past july and it sucked in my opinion so i wouldn't bother going again for quite some time.
plus the express pass is too expensive in my opinion.
i'm not paying to walk on a ride when its not even crowded and i'm not paying a steeper price to walk on a ride when it is crowded.

Besides me?

Just back from Disney and I think that they TOTALLY missed the boat with this program.
Why only 3?

Definitely not a fan of FP+ due to the level of pre-planning and lack of spontaneity involved. To the bolded though- are you able to look at MDE on your phone to see availability before getting in the kiosk line?

Besides me?

Why only 3?

All great questions.

I'm not feeling compelled to weigh in on the original question (yet)...
but as to the statement quoted above, it is hard to argue that the benefits of Universal's express pass aren't superior. But there is simply no way for Disney to recreate such a thing given how many on site rooms it has. The "exception would swallow the rule", as they say. The only way for this to work would be for Disney to limit it to Deluxe Resort guests. Can you imagine the dust storm that would cause?

I know I'm going to kick myself for biting on this but define abuse.
Oh you know, the people who got there at rope drop. Or the people who had the audacity to get more than one FP for certain rides. Or the people who knew how to tour the park in such a way that they never had to cross the park just to obtain a fast pass or never had to send a runner all over the park collecting them and still got 9 or so FPs.

I'm not a big fan of FP+, OP. I really dislike that I can only get 3 or, if I want a 4th or more, I have to try to find a kiosk, stand in line for 20+ minutes, and then find out that they might or might not have something that I want. I greatly dislike that if a ride I have a FP+ for goes down during my window, I have to roll the dice on whether or not it will be back up during the day or if I should use one of the FP+ selections that they offer me. I greatly dislike the fact that if I have a FP+ for a certain ride and it goes down for the day, the odds of me getting a FP+ for that same ride later on in my trip is greatly reduced. I am not a fan of the fact that I have to try and figure out which rides my 5 year old will want to do 60 days out (and somehow try to figure out if she will grow that extra half inch she needs for Space Mountain, et al. Overall, it is not an improvement for my family and has lead to significantly less time spent in the parks for us which directly leads to less money spent by us. We are spending money when we are in the parks getting Dole Whips, shopping, getting cokes, etc. We are not spending money when we are swimming at the pool. So I guess FP+ is an improvement for our bank account.

I'm not feeling compelled to weigh in on the original question (yet)...
but as to the statement quoted above, it is hard to argue that the benefits of Universal's express pass aren't superior. But there is simply no way for Disney to recreate such a thing given how many on site rooms it has. The "exception would swallow the rule", as they say. The only way for this to work would be for Disney to limit it to Deluxe Resort guests. Can you imagine the dust storm that would cause?
They might could possibly make it work if they broke up the resorts a bit. Have certain resorts have front of the line passes for a specific park on certain days of the week. Even then, they might only be able to offer it up to Deluxe, DVC, and moderates. I don't know for sure.

They might could possibly make it work if they broke up the resorts a bit. Have certain resorts have front of the line passes for a specific park on certain days of the week. Even then, they might only be able to offer it up to Deluxe, DVC, and moderates. I don't know for sure.
Interesting idea. Sort of like rotating EMHs. I'd have to study the numbers to see if it would work. Of course, you'd get people booking throwaway rooms all over the place (or split stays where they move from resort to resort) to ensure that they got FOTL access every day.

Besides me?

Why only 3?

I think the answer to most of these is to distribute the fastpasses more evenly. If they allowed 5 choices at 60 days, nothing would be left at 30 days for offsite. If they allowed more than one park, most people would pick the top attractions at each park, leaving the less popular attractions to those choosing later.

You can access FP+ from your mobile device. You can look at your selections, you can change your selections. You just can't pick another one.

I personally love FP+. I hated being at the mercy of the return time clock after they took away the "return anytime after" unwritten rule.

Interesting idea. Sort of like rotating EMHs. I'd have to study the numbers to see if it would work. Of course, you'd get people booking throwaway rooms all over the place (or split stays where they move from resort to resort) to ensure that they got FOTL access every day.
I've loved the idea of floating EMHs for a while now, actually. On Monday, for example, Contemporary, Polynesian, Caribbean Beach, and Pop Century all get morning EMHs at Magic Kingdom, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans, and ASMU has evening EMHs at Epcot, etc. I can only imagine how much better that would disperse the crowds. Instead of EMHS, if they did this with front of the line passes, I still think it would be great. And people might do throw away rooms, but it wouldn't really matter. Just like with EMHs, you would have to scan your magic band. If you have a reservation at the hotel for the previous night or that night, you are in. Otherwise, back to the end of the standby line. You have to be staying at the Disney resort for it to work that day, though.

Please. The OP obviously had a less than satisfactory time with FP+. Can't we respect that? Everyone is free to agree or disagree with the reasons for the system and how it operates. But no one is at liberty to tell a poster that their personal experiences are "baloney" which we know to be a "safe for work" alternative to something more vulgar.

I think it is this new system and the quoting. I quoted and bolded the statement that those who like FP- were all abusers...THAT is what I was saying was baloney. Just because we like FP- over FP+ does not mean we abused the FP system and I resent the accusation.

We arrive next Thursday for 9 nights.... first time using FP+ over spring break REALLY WORRIED. We have been two other times over the same week with the OLD systems and it was FINE. We have only been one other time using this new system and that was last Aug. when it was not terrible crowd wise.​

I think it is this new system and the quoting. I quoted and bolded the statement that those who like FP- were all abusers...THAT is what I was saying was baloney. Just because we like FP- over FP+ does not mean we abused the FP system and I resent the accusation.
Please accept my apology. The quote got "chopped" and I did not see the bolded part. I will retract.

We are not planners. My physical needs vary from day to day - therefore it is hard to pick attractions & rides.

We were recently at WDW during the last week of February. We chose Mine Train for all 5 days along with HM &
Pooh. On the days that my body dictated slow-moving or stage attractions, we chose Epcot or Studios. We then had to cancel our MK choices to select from the other park(s).

Silly, I know - but this was the only way that I could get a ride on Mine Train on 2 different days.

FP+ does not work too well for us at all. I have no idea how I will be 60 days ahead of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter