• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+...Toy Story vs Fantasmic

Debella

Earning My Ears
Decisions decisions...I will be at DHS 11/5. Crowds are listed as 5/10. Which is more important to get a FP for? I've heard without a FP for Fantasmic you have lousy seats for the show...and yet I also want to make sure we ride TS. We have dinner reservations at Prime Time 50's and I think you can get a package for the show, but is it worth it? Opinions?

Get the FP for TSM.

When are you going? Currently, Frozen is interfering with the ability to go to TSM at rope drop like you would have been able to into the past. They are doing a similar process as at MK with Anna and Elsa and mine train. So Unless you are at the front for rope drop or go late at night, the standby line will be long.

The dining package for Fantasmic is a great option, but it is only offered at Hollywood & Vine, mama melrose's and Brown Derby. Most people here and CMs will say a Fantasmic FP is a waste. If two shows are offered, go to the later one. If not, you will need to get in line early and wait, but you can sit, eat dinner in line, etc. honestly, I've never had a really lousy seat at Fantasmic so you should be fine. But if it's important to you, just wait in line for around an hour, hour and a half before they open the theater.

Forgoing a TSM FP is a huge mistake, especially for Fantasmic, IMO.

We were at HS at a time when crowds were 5/10. There were tons of open seats for the 10 pm Fantasmic. FastPass for Fantasmic would be such a waste in my opinion. Toy Story has regular lines of 45+ min (usually more).

If you're concerned about Fantasmic seating, just remember you're seated stadium style and you choose your seats.

Decisions decisions...I will be at DHS 11/5. Crowds are listed as 5/10. Which is more important to get a FP for? I've heard without a FP for Fantasmic you have lousy seats for the show...and yet I also want to make sure we ride TS. We have dinner reservations at Prime Time 50's and I think you can get a package for the show, but is it worth it? Opinions?

TSM. See the green link in my signature for a complete priority list.

Get Toy Story FP for sure. Even if you get to HS at rope drop, getting to TSM is a nightmare........we did this on Sunday and I will never do it again.

Go to the second show of Fantasmic if there is one. You can get a decent seat even a few minutes before the show starts.

I refuse to wait in line for Fantasmic now. Twice we've waited, and both times it started to pour rain just as we were seated, so the show was cancelled anyways.

TSM. See the green link in my signature for a complete priority list.

Well, then Toy Story it is...Thanks everyone.

When I use all of my FP (they are all set for before noon) can I get one for Fantasmic if they are still left. There is only one showing at 6:30 and that's going to be hard to do with our dinner reservations with waiting on a standby line.

Well, then Toy Story it is...Thanks everyone.

When I use all of my FP (they are all set for before noon) can I get one for Fantasmic if they are still left. There is only one showing at 6:30 and that's going to be hard to do with our dinner reservations with waiting on a standby line.

Yes you can get a fourth FP and use it for Fantasmic. It'll likely be available

Toy Story. I hope to get an additional 4th FP+ for Fantasmic if they're still available, but I'm not really worried about getting a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter