FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry off-site family, but this brand-new section of the park is completely off-limits to you, even though you paid as much for park tickets (or more) as them to be here. When (if) you can afford to come back in a few years, we will gladly welcome you then.

That’s a whole new level of low, and goes a bit beyond the existing preferred treatment.
And the current preferred treatment doesn't remove access to off-site guests, it simply adds add'l access to on-site guests. If there was some reservation system where there were more limited hours for off-site guests and more expansive flexible options for on-site guests, that would be more appropriate.

[QUOTE="HopperFan, post: 60696452, member: 55347"
Serious question. If you are not an AP, do you think you would get your monies worth doing this?

[/QUOTE]
My friends and I go to Disneyland at least once a year so the goal for us is to visit things we can't ride at disneyland. What i really ment is that we'd probably end up hopping instead of being in the park all day.

Has anyone confirmed where Star Tours falls in all of this yet.

I read that they are thinking about stopping FPs for Star Tours when GE first opens. I don’t know if it’s true as it was not officially said.

This is ridiculous. The value of fast pass plus is minimal at hollywood studios. I wish they would just get rid of it. The only park is works in MK. I definitely get more annoyed at Disney each year.

Fast passes for me are some of the easiest to get at HS. I’ll just get my main tier 1 in the morning and then keep getting tier 1’s after that.

We’ll make it work. Always works out in the end. Fast pass system is easy to figure out and get what you want through the day. Galaxy edge people will be concentrated on that more than fast passes to other places.

It’s gonna be fine. In about 6 months to 12 months after opening they will most likely make things normal again.

Good plan on the tapping out!

One thing though, the earliest Muppets FP is usually 10AM. Aside from Star Tours, I think the only other tier 2’s (on the new list) to offer a FP in the 9 o’clock hour will be Little Mermaid and Disney Junior Dance Party.

My new HS touring strategy will be SDD at 9AM, once I tap that add Muppets immediately, go tap that, add little Mermaid, go tap that, then start adding tier 1 rides the rest of the morning.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I know about this strategy. So are you saying you will only prebook SSD. Then book the others as you go so you won't have to wait the hour between fastpasses that you would have to if you prebooked them?

i apologize if I’m slow but people keep saying that we will have to book all 3 fastpasses in Oder to get a fourth.
It seems like a waste to book 2 throwaway fastpasses to shows or other useless things if we have no intention of using them. This will just cause even the crappy attractions to run out of fastpasses too.

i apologize if I’m slow but people keep saying that we will have to book all 3 fastpasses in Oder to get a fourth.
It seems like a waste to book 2 throwaway fastpasses to shows or other useless things if we have no intention of using them. This will just cause even the crappy attractions to run out of fastpasses too.

That's how they set it up, though. It's an imperfect system to say the least.

As an example I enter the park without EEMH and hit my tier 1 at like 8:10 and start refreshing. Flip side I go to Epcot don't get to my tier 1 until 9:10, now I have to try and find a FP for a Tier 2, plus a 30 min trip to HS which means I get to HS at 9:40 or almost 2 hours after rope drop.
I thought DHS opened at 9 AM for day guests and EEMH were three hours each morning.

I thought DHS opened at 9 AM for day guests and EEMH were three hours each morning.

Your correct I was looking at AK on my spreadsheet for our trip. So you would be 1 hour late if staying offsite (more if you try to tap out tier 2 rides at Epcot) and 4 hours late if you stay onsite (or had a throw away room).

I'm not sure I know about this strategy. So are you saying you will only prebook SSD. Then book the others as you go so you won't have to wait the hour between fastpasses that you would have to if you prebooked them?

Exactly. I rarely wait an hour between FP's ever but especially in a tiered park to start the day. Get those Tier 2's out of the way asap. You can still make the 3 FP's if you want (I often will do this because there's nothing to lose doing so and you never know when Disney IT will screw everything up) but then once you tap the 1st FP look to modify the 2nd FP to an earlier time.

I, too am thinking about getting a 9 am tier 1 and a second (a tier 2) at say, 10:15 or so then after tapping the tier 1 add another 9:something. After tapping that, move the 10:20 up. Then I’m free to get other tier 1s. Does this sound like the best strategy? Which tier 1 would you go for first? I really only want ToT but it’s not all about me. My DH and SIL will probably want SDD and I’m sure TSMM. I plan to take advantage on the EEMH to see SWGE and then possibly move to either the ToT/RnRC area or TSL before 9:00. I hope to be done with the majority of the park by 12:00. 1:00. Come back for dinner and the evening events.
ETA: if this does morning fit the guidelines of the thread can you provide a link to the other related to the new fp strategy for DHS? I looked but it doesn’t fall under the SWGE topic. Thanks!

Last edited:
Exactly. I rarely wait an hour between FP's ever but especially in a tiered park to start the day. Get those Tier 2's out of the way asap. You can still make the 3 FP's if you want (I often will do this because there's nothing to lose doing so and you never know when Disney IT will screw everything up) but then once you tap the 1st FP look to modify the 2nd FP to an earlier time.
But doesn’t doing the 2 tier 2s first lock you into a later tier 1 that will be harder to move up, thus freeing yourself up for another tier 1?

But doesn’t doing the 2 tier 2s first lock you into a later tier 1 that will be harder to move up, thus freeing yourself up for another tier 1?
I do the Tier 1 first, then immediately use/burn 2 tier 2's. So at Epcot we'll often be done with our first 3 FP's in the first hour (we'll actually use them most of the time there).

I, too am thinking about getting a 9 am tier 1 and a second (a tier 2) at say, 10:15 or so then after tapping the tier 1 add another 9:something. After tapping that, move the 10:20 up. Then I’m free to get other tier 1s. Does this sound like the best strategy? Which tier 1 would you go for first? I really only want ToT but it’s not all about me. My DH and SIL will probably want SDD and I’m sure TSMM. I plan to take advantage on the EEMH to see SWGE and then possibly move to either the ToT/RnRC area or TSL before 9:00. I hope to be done with the majority of the park by 12:00. 1:00. Come back for dinner and the evening events.
ETA: if this does morning fit the guidelines of the thread can you provide a link to the other related to the new fp strategy for DHS? I looked but it doesn’t fall under the SWGE topic. Thanks!
That would be my plan, except if we spend the morning in GE, IDK if we'd be done in that area that early, which makes me think I should book our original tier one later in the morning.

Theoretically. But with the new tiers I wouldn't be surprised if the hardest to get/modify FP is Star Tours if it remains tier two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter