FP/RIder Swap

BStew

Mouseketeer
I have a question related to FP and Rider Swap- we are going me, dh, dd5, ds2. We are not sure if dd5 will be adventurous on some of the rides- btmr, sm etc. so, currently, we have some FP reservations for dh and dd and a few for only myself. On the rides that we have only one FP, is it possible for myself or dh to go check in, get the rs ticket and NOT use the FP and just have the rs ticket used? Not sure if that masks sense or not...

We did exactly this on our trip in May. It was wonderful. I made FP+ reservations for my husband and oldest daughter for everything with a height requirement and I stayed out with the baby. When they were finished my youngest daughter and I used the RS pass. No FP+ needed! It was a great way around the tiers at EPCOT, too! :)

I'm a bit confused, but this is how it would work.

If you have only one FP for Splash (for example) and you want to do rider switch, you would check in with the CM at the start of the line to get a rider switch pass. The pass will be given to whomever is staying with the child/children. They are strict about giving it to the person waiting and they will watch to make sure one parent gets in line while the other waits.

The rider can either go through the FP line or the standby line, but you will not be allowed to use the rider switch pass until the first rider is done.

Ok thanks, I think that I get it. So I would have to actually ride the ride I have a FP for before using the rs for my dh and dd. I knew about when we have two FP reservations made and using rs but not sure how it worked for only one FP and two able riders waiting for rs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter