• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ question - 61 days out

jvarne1

Mouseketeer
Okay, quick question... My biggest goal is of course the A+E FP+. So, I will try to get FP for the whole family (4 of us). Then, I will try 2 at a time. Can someone please tell me exactly how to do this? When I go into the FP+ area on MDE, I only choose myself and my 6-yr old daughter and then look for FP+ for A&E? Am I able to copy over to my son (who actually really wants to see them and hubby?) If I am able to do that, please tell me exactly how to do it.

Also, since my 60 days out is tomorrow - can I book at midnight tonight?

TIA!!!

I knew the kids wanted 7DMT badly, so I went and booked everyone for it as soon as the window opened.

You can go back in and modify times/people later. With something as "hot" as A&E I wouldn't risk only doing 2 and then going back for 2 more.

I had no trouble getting anything in the times I wanted. My window opened right at midnight, I just had the browser open and kept refreshing until it was unlocked.

Good luck!

You can do it tonight at midnight, but some have reported not being able to until 1. Also I would not recommend using the app. I liked using my regular computer instead of my tablet. A couple tips:
Take whatever time it gives you (seems obvious but some people keep fussing) you can always try to adjust the time after you have a confirmed FP.
Try for the end of your trip first, less people will have had access to that day prior to tonight, if you also get one for an earlier day you can go twice or cancel one :)

Good luck :)

Okay, quick question... My biggest goal is of course the A+E FP+. So, I will try to get FP for the whole family (4 of us). Then, I will try 2 at a time. Can someone please tell me exactly how to do this? When I go into the FP+ area on MDE, I only choose myself and my 6-yr old daughter and then look for FP+ for A&E? Am I able to copy over to my son (who actually really wants to see them and hubby?) If I am able to do that, please tell me exactly how to do it.

Also, since my 60 days out is tomorrow - can I book at midnight tonight?

TIA!!!

I logged on at midnight EASTERN time at my 60-66 days out a couple days ago -- no A&E FP to be had for any of our days. If you see it, I would say GRAB IT for all 4 when you see it. I am still stalking for 2 as my ds could take it or leave it, but dd really would love it.

Thanks everyone! We are Eastern time zone, so midnight it is! I'll let you know how things go in the morning.

good luck! I'm getting ready to do the same in about 3 weeks so looking for tips on how to do this. I only have a 2 day window so I may not be as lucky. Hope you were able to get what you wanted!

I just booked mine. So I have a room only Oct 25 and package starts Oct26. 60 days out from Oct 26 is actually aug 27, but it let me.book the whole week tonight (I assume it used 60 days from the room only ressie). Anyway, I A&E were out on Sun Oct 26 and Tue Oct 28. I was able to get 6 for Fri Oct 31. That will be our last day in the parks and I don't have any plans that day. Figured I'd let the kiddos decide where they want to go. pretty sure it will be b/t MK and AK and figured it would be much easier to have them in MK and switch to AK vs the other way around.
The one thing I found really odd is that it seemed like if I made all the ressies together it wouldn't let me modify times separately. But then other times the people would show up and I could select who I was modifying for.

I just booked mine. So I have a room only Oct 25 and package starts Oct26. 60 days out from Oct 26 is actually aug 27, but it let me.book the whole week tonight (I assume it used 60 days from the room only ressie). Anyway, I A&E were out on Sun Oct 26 and Tue Oct 28. I was able to get 6 for Fri Oct 31. That will be our last day in the parks and I don't have any plans that day. Figured I'd let the kiddos decide where they want to go. pretty sure it will be b/t MK and AK and figured it would be much easier to have them in MK and switch to AK vs the other way around. The one thing I found really odd is that it seemed like if I made all the ressies together it wouldn't let me modify times separately. But then other times the people would show up and I could select who I was modifying for.

After you make initial FP, it is MUCH easier to modify on the app! You can see all available times for an experience or all available experiences for a time without changing anything. It is also much easier to just change something for a couple people on the app as sometimes on the computer, it wants to change for everyone!

jimandami said:
After you make initial FP, it is MUCH easier to modify on the app! You can see all available times for an experience or all available experiences for a time without changing anything. It is also much easier to just change something for a couple people on the app as sometimes on the computer, it wants to change for everyone!

Thanks! I was quite confused but part of that was b/c I was thinking I'd be making my FP+ ressies tonight instead if last night. Last night I was up trying to figure out what times made most sense and where and for some reason logged into MDE and noticed I could make reservations. I didn't have heart palpations or anything. Very anti climatic. But I was very confused why on some I was able to modify one person at a time and others was the whole group.

Yikes....ha ha! Well there you go, thanks for that ;)

I'm almost 61 days out myself arriving 10/30 and trying to decide WHAT to FP for my 15yoDS and 12yoDD at MK and HS ?

:confused:

Kim

Yikes....ha ha! Well there you go, thanks for that ;)

I'm almost 61 days out myself arriving 10/30 and trying to decide WHAT to FP for my 15yoDS and 12yoDD at MK and HS ?

:confused:

Kim

Depends on what your kids like. Thrill rides, Princesses, tame rides. The best info is from mesaboy who gives a great in-depth look at which are the most popular rides/attractions at each park. So follow the link and that will help you out a ton. It sure did for me. He's got great info on this thread also. Just know at HS that there is Tiering, so you can only select one from the highlighted he has listed. We chose TSMM, but it's because I have 2 young DD's, otherwise it would have been RnR.

Here's the link and if you have anymore questions, ask away! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3143281

Hey 'Spooky' so funny, as I was just looking at that link ! Since my DD and DS are teens/preteens we are going for the adventure rides. RRC and ToT at HS,,,would LOVE to be able to FP Fantasmic as all the dinner pkgs sold out, but we shall see. At MK shooting for the new 7DMT, Space Mtn and last undecided.

I really have to get my act together as it seems I'm going to change what days/what parks. Originally planned on MK for Halloween, but since we are NOT doing the Halloween party/parade, that might not be in our best interests. Plus, want to be at MK for the electric parade/fireworks....aagghhhh, this is PRE-planning at its best (worst)??!!

Thanks so much ;)
Kim

Hey everyone!

Okay the FP+ selections went really well! If I had wanted, I could of gotten the SDMT everyday of my trip. I got A&E the last 3 days, which was Oct. 30-11/1. We check-in on Oct. 25 and nothing was available until Oct. 30th. I'm thrilled with the 3 days of A&E, but the last two days are at times that we already have something booked. I will definitely keep until I know for sure exactly what we are doing. AND... I did start looking at the end of the trip first and that worked great!

Thanks for all the great advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter