• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ policy change

kuzco-like

Earning my ears
I'm @ WDW right now, so I don't know if this has been posted or how long this has been in effect, but after using my first FP+ today, I went to the kiosk to get my 4th and was told that I have use all 3 before I could book my 4th. That's different than what it used to be, right? Anyone know when that changed?

As far as I know, that has always been the policy for FastPass+. That you had to use all 3 first before you got to schedule anymore.

That's like one of the most contentious issues of debate on these boards, after all. With people who are adamant that you could use like 20,000 Paper Legacy fast passes previously but how now it's a struggle to use 4 or whatever.

I'm @ WDW right now, so I don't know if this has been posted or how long this has been in effect, but after using my first FP+ today, I went to the kiosk to get my 4th and was told that I have use all 3 before I could book my 4th. That's different than what it used to be, right? Anyone know when that changed?

No, it has always been use or let expire all 3 FP+ before getting a 4th FP+ since the start of FP+.

When announced, it was that policy--4th AFTER you have used all 3.

For legacy, you could get an additional one after pass was used or a time period (2hrs?) elapsed. FP+ did not adopt that.

We had to use all 3 before getting a 4th one back in August.

kuzco, just for clarity - were you saying that all three have to be *used* now, as opposed to simply having them expire? If so, that would be a real pain - if you miss one of your three windows, . . . . . .

kuzco, just for clarity - were you saying that all three have to be *used* now, as opposed to simply having them expire? If so, that would be a real pain - if you miss one of your three windows, . . . . . .
They can expire. We only used 2 of our 3 in Epcot and got 3 more (1at a time) when we hopped over to MK yesterday.

They have to 'expire' or be 'used.'

So, if I had a fast pass 9-10, 10-11, and 11-12... I could get a fourth fast pass either at 12:01, or after I got off the ride from using my third fast pass.

They can expire. We only used 2 of our 3 in Epcot and got 3 more (1at a time) when we hopped over to MK yesterday.
Gotcha, thanks.

Related question - once a fourth FP has been secured at a kiosk, can it be modified on the MDEx app? Seems like one might be able to get a head start on your MK FP by grabbing a FP at an Epcot kiosk, then modifying it to an MK attraction while you travel.
(Maybe I'm trying to be too clever, and it can only be modified to another attraction in Epcot?)

I DO wish that parades/fireworks/Fantasmic, etc. wouldn't count towards the 3 so that people who choose one of the shows isn't out of luck to be able to get anymore for the rest of the day.

What i dont understand is if I make the first 3 on my phone,why cant i add the 4th or the 5th on my phone.Why do i have to find a koisk to do this?Ridiculous.But that has been the rule from the begining of fp+.Also makes park hopping more difficult as well

Gotcha, thanks.

Related question - once a fourth FP has been secured at a kiosk, can it be modified on the MDEx app? Seems like one might be able to get a head start on your MK FP by grabbing a FP at an Epcot kiosk, then modifying it to an MK attraction while you travel.
(Maybe I'm trying to be too clever, and it can only be modified to another attraction in Epcot?)

Yes. I modified my fourth on my phone.

What i dont understand is if I make the first 3 on my phone,why cant i add the 4th or the 5th on my phone.Why do i have to find a koisk to do this?Ridiculous.But that has been the rule from the begining of fp+.Also makes park hopping more difficult as well

I don't think the technology is there yet. There have been rumors it will happen.

Yes. I modified my fourth on my phone.

To another park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter