FP or dining pkg seating better for ROL...

So, I'm paying $250ish for my ROL dining package at Tiffins. It says in the booking details "Plan to arrive for Rivers of Light seating 15 to 35 minutes prior to show time. Please use the theater entrance located closest to DinoLand U.S.A." If I get there 45 minutes in advance and it is full, I will not be a happy camper.

If Disney is giving out "reserved" seating with a dining package and telling people to arrive in a certain window, they had better make darn sure they have enough room for all of those people.

I am glad that I know to get there in plenty of time, but I feel bad for those who rely on what Disney says (in writing) and who may be split up or turned away after paying extra and following the rules. Bad form on Disney's part.
We had this happen at Fantasmic a couple of years ago. We had the Mama Melrose dining package and we arrived to Fantasmic at the time our voucher said and the reserved dining section was almost completely full. The CM wasn't friendly at all and told us we should have arrived earlier! We did find seats and have learned to arrive earlier than Disney tells us to. I feel really bad for people who arrive expecting a spot in the section they paid extra for, at the time Disney tells you to arrive and they can't find a seat!

It's hard to pick times for dinner, not knowing if they are offering one, two or three shows in July. I think I'll just reserve for an early dinner and hope I can get ROL and one of the rides in Pandora. Not sure how the tiers will fall with the new rides and ROL.

It's hard to pick times for dinner, not knowing if they are offering one, two or three shows in July. I think I'll just reserve for an early dinner and hope I can get ROL and one of the rides in Pandora. Not sure how the tiers will fall with the new rides and ROL.

I think it's almost certain the packages for July and August will come out before the fp window opens. And the reservation will say for which show it is for (1st 2nd or 3rd)

I think it's almost certain the packages for July and August will come out before the fp window opens. And the reservation will say for which show it is for (1st 2nd or 3rd)

I hope they offer different viewing times for lunch and breakfast. Right now for April, only 6:30 dinner offers second viewing and none for lunch at Tifffins. I just hope more choices will be offered in August. I don't want to rush from dinner to ROL if we have to arrive early to secure a good. seat.

I just read an article from DAD speculating on how the tiers were going to be for ROL and Pandora. He thought you would only be able to get one per FP booking, at least for the two Pandora rides. Don't know if ROL will be included in that tier. And yes, I think we'll know when the 60 day FP mark arrives.

I just read an article from DAD speculating on how the tiers were going to be for ROL and Pandora. He thought you would only be able to get one per FP booking, at least for the two Pandora rides. Don't know if ROL will be included in that tier. And yes, I think we'll know when the 60 day FP mark arrives.

I don't see how AK DOESNT go to tiers. And yes I agree with both Pandora rides as well as RoL being tier 1. I could also see the Safari go to tier 1 as well

And as far as when we'll find out, my money will be on Pandora FP's will go live 30 days from opening and not 60 days out.

We've been talking on here for quite some time, at least a year, that there is a good chance AK will go to tiers when Pandora opens.

I don't see how AK DOESNT go to tiers. And yes I agree with both Pandora rides as well as RoL being tier 1. I could also see the Safari go to tier 1 as well

And as far as when we'll find out, my money will be on Pandora FP's will go live 30 days from opening and not 60 days out.

Completely agree. I think they will wait until the 30 day mark, they were just under 30 for 7DMT. It insures everything is on go. But hey, you never know. Maybe things are all working now ....

DS had actually come up with a good scenario that AK would work with 3 tiers and it certainly wouldn't hurt in the short term when crowds are so big. I know the argument is that it's not hard now to pick a couple of the good rides at AK (like Safari, Everest and Dinosaur) but with the expected surge in attendance this could no longer be the case.

Really 30 days out...why do you thing that?

Really 30 days out...why do you thing that?

7DMT and Frozen were both released at 30 days out, not 60.

These are really the two newest rides since FP+ came out, so I think they'll continue the trend.

It also gives me an extra month in case of any hiccups they could possibly encounter without having to cancel anyone's fps

7DMT and Frozen were both released at 30 days out, not 60.

These are really the two newest rides since FP+ came out, so I think they'll continue the trend.

It also gives me an extra month in case of any hiccups they could possibly encounter without having to cancel anyone's fps
Well that will help me because I'm staying off site and can only book 30 days out!

Did Frozen and 7D have pretty firm open dates ahead of time?

Yes. They had the confirmed opening date and then I want to say it was about within 60 days out that they announced the fps were going live 30 days out.

Hello everyone!! Just wrapping up a week long visit to the world. We had the dining package on Tuesday 3/7 for ROL. When we walked over to Restaruantosarus around 5:45 for a quick dinner, there were LOTS of people hovering and lining up around the standby section (that we noticed being heavily staffed with cast members and ropes by 4 pm)

We arrived around 6:40ish and there were plenty of seats still available in the dining area, the FP+ area was nearly empty and the standby section was PACKED. We sat in the 3rd row all the way down to the left next to the stand by area.

The show floats around on the river the entire time, so all seats are really good. Did notice that the main 'water screen' created is in front of the tree of life, so it seems that the FP+ section probably has the best view of that particular screen, but the projections are also visible on smaller 'screens' floating in front of each seating area.

So, it seems they have done a good job protecting the FP/Dining package areas, so you don't need to be on line super early unless you are doing standby. It seems guest start staking out the standby area around 4 or so!!

It is beautiful, enjoy!!

Wow! Great information. Who knows what it will be like when Pandora opens. Maybe people will be more spread out. We did not book a dining package, we are eating at Yak and Yeti at 4:30, and hoping to get a FP+ for it. It will be interesting to see what the summer people are saying. Thanks for your feedback.

Can you use the Dining Plan on the Tiffin's ROL meal?

Wow! Great information. Who knows what it will be like when Pandora opens. Maybe people will be more spread out. We did not book a dining package, we are eating at Yak and Yeti at 4:30, and hoping to get a FP+ for it. It will be interesting to see what the summer people are saying. Thanks for your feedback.

You're welcome! I am an uber planner, so I am happy to help others as well!

Can you use the Dining Plan on the Tiffin's ROL meal?

I believe so, but I am quite sure it will use 2 credits.

Just came back and used a FP+ on Thursday, 3/9/17. I arrived about 75 minutes early and sat in the "H" section on the map. The view from this area was great. Being next to the "VIP" area, I guess this is one of the better locations. I could see the "R" and "M" sections in standby/dining area were already packed when I entered. The theater filled in and it appeared the last part to fill was the FP+ part by "A."

I will have to mention, the wooden benches are very tight. No leg room or space for people to wiggle in and out (comfortably). Once we were in, we did not move and man did my back hurt!

Hello everyone!! Just wrapping up a week long visit to the world. We had the dining package on Tuesday 3/7 for ROL. When we walked over to Restaruantosarus around 5:45 for a quick dinner, there were LOTS of people hovering and lining up around the standby section (that we noticed being heavily staffed with cast members and ropes by 4 pm)

We arrived around 6:40ish and there were plenty of seats still available in the dining area, the FP+ area was nearly empty and the standby section was PACKED. We sat in the 3rd row all the way down to the left next to the stand by area.

The show floats around on the river the entire time, so all seats are really good. Did notice that the main 'water screen' created is in front of the tree of life, so it seems that the FP+ section probably has the best view of that particular screen, but the projections are also visible on smaller 'screens' floating in front of each seating area.

So, it seems they have done a good job protecting the FP/Dining package areas, so you don't need to be on line super early unless you are doing standby. It seems guest start staking out the standby area around 4 or so!!

It is beautiful, enjoy!!

Thanks for the info! At what time did ROL begin on this night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter