FP+ now 3+ what say you?

What is your new opinion

• Still hate FP+, wish we had FP- still

• Still love FP+, this just makes it better

• Hated FP+, this has changed my mind and I am on board

• This only makes things worse, not enough rides!

• Doesn't really matter to me likely use less than 3 FP+ anyways

Results are only viewable after voting.
Choices are love or hate basically.

Exactly

For me - Prefer FP-, but am just fine with FP+. This really didn't change anything for us as we will use late FP+ reservations anyway. No way to indicate that in this poll - or anything even close to that.

Choices are love or hate basically.

I still *like* FP+. It has problems, I'm not crazy about the 60 day reservation window. I fear it'll become just like ADR's in that if you don't book far in advance, you won't get anything good.

BUT the system worked well for us, we were able to move around FPs pretty easily ( when the internet worked ) and never had problems checking in our FPs. The only big problem we had was the limit on number of FPs and park hopping, that was a REAL pain for us as we stay for long periods and like to park hop. So for us, this is great.

But do you think you can still move fp around now that offsiters can prebook too?

I think too much analyzing and agonizing over this latest development is relatively pointless. Like so many of the other steps in the rollout, I suspect this is just an interim step toward what the whole FP+ picture will look like a year or two from now.

The steps that have been taken in the rollout so far all seem to be designed to add relatively small incremental increases in stress to the FP+ reservation system. Now that prebooking of FP+ reservations is available to all guests with tickets, allowing additional reservations on the same day is the next logical step.

The two main things that folks are debating now with this change are (1) when can you first make that same day FP+ reservation and (2) whether you can make that reservation through the app or only at a kiosk.

On the first point, it makes sense that there be some gap between park opening and same day rolling FP+ to allow guests who arrive at opening and buy or pick up their tickets same day the first crack at those reservations. The surveys Disney was sending out clearly indicate that they were (and probably still are) considering other alternatives, like allowing that fourth reservation to be made after just ONE FP is used, or at a designated time, like 1 PM. The "use all 3" option may be the first step because it (1) ensures that nobody will be able to make that fourth reservation until at least 2+ hours after park opening and (2) spreads out the times at which guests will first be able to make that reservation. This will spread out the demand at the kiosks. Once they see how the kiosks are handling the demand, they will be able to loosen the restrictions. With more and more offsite guests making reservations in advance, the traffic at the kiosks should drop significantly.

On the issue of using the app, Disney may wish to limit these extra FPs only to people who are currently in the park. Or, they may just want to avoid additional demand on the app until they are comfortable with how it is handling the normal demands of guests making and changing reservations. Eventually, though, I expect that guests will be able to make these extra reservations through the app.

To me, the only real issue is the number of kiosks in each park. If Disney doubles them (at least), then this could be a good modification to the existing FP+ system. In fact, it would be a lot like the old, paper system.

I voted for "Hated FP+, preferred FP-," but a more accurate description would probably be "Indifferent towards FP+, prefer FP-."

I would be other. I neither love it or hate. I love aspects of it, I dislike other aspects of it. These changes I may like, but I am not convinced that much of anything worthwhile to us (we don't do shows) will be available when I am ready to select a fourth, fifth etc.

I wish I knew how soon this will start. We arrive 4/20.

I fear that this is going to have an even greater impact on SB lines. It's a vacation... I don't want to be stuck to a schedule the entire day! :scared: I am thinking we might not be doing much Disney at least not WDW. :crazy2:

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already.
If you have to use your 3 Fp+ before you can get another are they counting FP+s for the fireworks and night shows?

Definitely still like FP- better, but I guess this is a small improvement. I just can't help but think of all the drawbacks. It will likely make people book their 3 FP+s for early morning, which will make RD less pleasant. Likely all that will be available by noon is the rides that never needed FP not had FP before. I always walked onto those rides, so if I now need a FP truly need it, not just can pull it, it is still a disadvantage not an advantage.

But I have learned to roll with the punches. They are trying. That is something.

Sorry if I missed it but have they said when they are going to start offering additional fast passes at the kiosks?

By the poll sure looks like around 60% of the people on disboards flat out don't like FP plus. Very interesting!

Sorry if I missed it but have they said when they are going to start offering additional fast passes at the kiosks?

I think I read on the Touring Plan Blog that no official timeline for the fourth FP has been released, but to expect some of these changes in the next few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter