FP+ (No More Paper Fastpasses)

Wow ... I was shocked when I went the MDE to register our passes and couldn't find anything for Disneyland :) Any word on when they might implement the system? So not using magic bands either I take it?
Thank you!

Disneyland is using the normal fastpass system and no magic bands. Everyone has a chance to get fastpasses when they enter the park, but nothing electronic like Walt Disney World.

Wow ... I was shocked when I went the MDE to register our passes and couldn't find anything for Disneyland :) Any word on when they might implement the system? So not using magic bands either I take it?
Thank you!

They have said magic bands will not come to DLR.

There have been rumors of some changes to the FP system later this year, but no way to know for sure. I think if they do something with it, it won't be anything like FP+.

Aloha,

According to today's Micechat DLR Update, DLR version of FP+ is currently in the install stage. DLR FP+ will be vastly different than WDW. According to Micechat, you will be able to obtain a Fastpass using your DL App while on property. Also, there is consideration that DLR guests may be able to reserve FP+ in advance. Nothing confirmed by DLR.

Bummer ... I really like the system; it makes planning so much nicer. I haven't been to DLR in over 10 years, so excited to go there again!!:yay:

Hoping that it NEVER arrives. I haven't been back to WDW since they implemented FP+. It's bad enough you have to book dining 6 months out. But we Disneylanders like to walk into the park and then decide where to go. The last thing I want to do is pre-plan rides. The next to last thing I want to do is walk into DL and the first thing I do is look down at my phone so I can start booking FPs for rides. It steals from the visual experience and it will cause a huge glut of people doing the same thing when they walk in.

Vote no for DL FP+.

Hoping that it NEVER arrives. I haven't been back to WDW since they implemented FP+. It's bad enough you have to book dining 6 months out. But we Disneylanders like to walk into the park and then decide where to go. The last thing I want to do is pre-plan rides. The next to last thing I want to do is walk into DL and the first thing I do is look down at my phone so I can start booking FPs for rides. It steals from the visual experience and it will cause a huge glut of people doing the same thing when they walk in.

Vote no for DL FP+.
I think it's great once you actually get used to it. You don't use your phone at all when you're in the park; everything is done ahead of time. I guess it's all what you're used to and the attitude you have toward change:thumbsup2

This has nothing to do with an attitude towards change, it's just not necessary. DLR is very different from WDW in so many ways, you don't need to make reservations that far in advance. Most people that go there are local and decide to go for the day or may drive down for a quick weekend trip. It just doesn't make sense.

you actually CAN do that. After your initial 3 FP's, it works just the same as the FP system at DLR.

But see, that's my problem. Then I have to look at my phone and see what's available, full of angst to see if there's anything left for Splash or Big Thunder or whatever.

And if they don't let you pick in advance but have you wait until you get there, then you just start looking at your phone to get a bunch of FPs. That's totally messing with the DL vibe. There's a lot that WDW has that DL doesn't, but DL has a vibe that you can't reproduce in FL...especially with all the pre-planning. The system works just fine at DL - leave it alone.

Ugh. I'm getting anxious just talking about it.

you actually CAN do that. After your initial 3 FP's, it works just the same as the FP system at DLR.

If you're there on a day there are headliners available as a 4th and subsequent FP, you are probably there on a day you don't need FP at all.

I want a high likelihood of getting rerides on headliners. I don't want to have to feel like I won the lottery for lucking into one.

But see, that's my problem. Then I have to look at my phone and see what's available, full of angst to see if there's anything left for Splash or Big Thunder or whatever.

And if they don't let you pick in advance but have you wait until you get there, then you just start looking at your phone to get a bunch of FPs. That's totally messing with the DL vibe. There's a lot that WDW has that DL doesn't, but DL has a vibe that you can't reproduce in FL...especially with all the pre-planning. The system works just fine at DL - leave it alone.

Ugh. I'm getting anxious just talking about it.

You can't use your phone to book any FP's at WDW. The 4th FP+ and beyond has to be booked at kiosk within the park. I don't think Disney wants anyone staring at their phones while in their parks - I agree - it totally takes away from the experience.
I get your anxiousness :duck:, I was that way at first ... until I got used to the system. Then is was fabulous!

You can't use your phone to book any FP's at WDW. The 4th FP+ and beyond has to be booked at kiosk within the park. I don't think Disney wants anyone staring at their phones while in their parks - I agree - it totally takes away from the experience.
I get your anxiousness :duck:, I was that way at first ... until I got used to the system. Then is was fabulous!

That actually changed 4/10/16. 4th and subsequent FPs may now be booked by phone.

I was helping a friend at lunch today work on her WDW plans for this fall. She wants to ride the new Soarin, meet A/E and ride the Frozen ride. She asked what I recommended. I'm guessing all 3 will be tier 1 so she will be able to select only 1 of the 3, and the rest will be gone well in advance of her day in the park. I told her she needs to be ready to wait in some crazy long lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter