FP+ & MB's to make WDW simpler... But planning appears more confusing.

I didn't read the whole thread. I was a little hesitatant at first and maybe we are the exeption to the rule but we tested the magic bands a couple of weeks ago and had no problems. There were some problems getting my daughters AP linked to our account but IT took care of that before we got there. We loved it, our bands worked every time, I liked knowing when we got to the park what fast passes we had and not having to run around collecting them. As the ticket and fast pass holder I liked not haveing to keep up with some many different things. I personally found the MDE website fairly easy to use especially with the reserving and changing fast pass times. I do worry when it goes live for everyone that fast passes will be harder to get. If Disney would ask my opion I would say 4 fast passes a day would be better and I do wish they would let you park hop. But all and all we were pleased with the test.

We had the same experience. I booked our room at Pop about a month before our October trip. Magic Band customization popped up, was easy to do, received them 3 days later in Indiana. Couldnt do FP+ until I arrived and purchased park tickets at check in. Check in went smoothly, tickets purchased and linked smoothly. I did FP+ once I got to the room easily. Magic bands worked for Magic Express, doors, & park entrance. I made changes in FP+ with the app easily, even on the bus on the way to the park. Everything was awesome! Not one trouble!

I have to say, these boards freaked me out, reading all of the horror stories and confusion. But when it came time to customize the Mbs and pick FP+ slots it couldn't have been easier. All that worry and confusion for nothing.

I'm knocking wood that all goes smoothly when I actually get onsite.

I was a bit concerned too. We wen in early October. Had our custom magic bands but didn't have park tickets on them because I had an Expedia voucher. Put the bands on AT&T he airport, walked to magical express..." Hello Mr. Greene welcome..." It was awesome. Got the tickets added them to the bands and picked fast passes using the app as we rode spaceship earth, came out got right onto test track, walked around and walked onto soarin. A couple of times during our visit the fast pass system didn't work am d the. Sat members were super understanding and nice about it. We LOVED the magic bands and the ease of fast pass plus. Made our visit super simple. Meals, purchases at food and wine festival. Everything was easier with the magic bands. Hakuna mattata

Good grief!

And, I mean GRIEF!

If the folks on this board
-surely among the most "Disney-savvy" of guests anywhere-
are having this much trouble sorting out the in's and out's of the MagicBands,
and the related FP+...

EDIT: It's been over a month since I started this thread.
Judging by the recent threads,
things appear to have gotten MUCH WORSE!

What will happen when this goes WDW-WIDE?

(No, I'm not kidding.)

LOL... Did you change the title again??? If not, you should have. ;)

I have to say, these boards freaked me out, reading all of the horror stories and confusion. But when it came time to customize the Mbs and pick FP+ slots it couldn't have been easier. All that worry and confusion for nothing.

I'm knocking wood that all goes smoothly when I actually get onsite.

Me too, cause so far this has been a breeze. :goodvibes

We are from Southern California so used
Code:
to Disneyland, and I was a little apprehensive about Disney World. I was worried about lines and crowds but with the Magic band we never had to get up for a rope drop! My eight-year-old was too excited to go to sleep early so he went to bed late and got into the parks late and with the Magic band we could ride everything we wanted to.

I really feel that the magic bands, with the ability to schedule our fast passes, made our vacation so much less stressful. I appreciated the flexibility it afforded us and I'm so glad that we were able to use them.

For our next trip I will definitely stay at Disney property so I can get the magic bands; it's worth the extra money because we could sleep late and still ride everything we wanted.

A little less important, but still noteworthy, was the ability to charge to the room with the Magic band. This was so easy, fabulous! We used it at both of the water parks and all the parks and it worked very well, including all the restaurants.

In sum, I would pay a premium to stay at a Disney property in order to have the magic dance.

Okay, please don't hate me for asking but I am really confused about FP +. I understand that I can schedule times to ride a designated number of rides per day. Does this mean that I can't use the old FP system and I will have to waitin line for the other attractions not scheduled on my FP + list? TIA

While the FP+ system is testing, everyone will have access to regular FP as long as those testing have a regular KTTW card as well.

Once the system is fully rolled out, Disney has said the current FP machines will go away, and all FP will be FP+. We do not know at this time if there will be same day FP+ availability like FP has now once the system is fully rolled out and no longer testing.

Got here on the 10/18.... Went to HS on sat 10/19 all the Fast Passes were gone. Toy Story, RRC and almost all gone for tower of terror at opening.... Same thing today for Epcot. Test Track and Soarin gone at opening... After talking to cast member, he said several resorts are now active on the FP+.

Being a family who like to get FP and do other things, the Plus ticket system stinks! Especially when staying at the Dolphin. So now when planning you'll need to stay at a Dis resort and plan your rides way out in advance.

I foresee major problems when parks get super crowded.

So now when planning you'll need to stay at a Dis resort and plan your rides way out in advance..

Just to be clear - right now it's limited to Disney resort guests because it is in testing. When the system is fully rolled out, FP+ will be included in theme park admission for ALL guests - on site and off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter