FP+ maybe silver lining!

We didn't use the paper fast pass, we were happy with the fast pass+. The lines were pretty reasonable in November. The one day it rained, there were no lines at all at Epcot. We wore ponchos and rode rides, ate our face off and picked a few pearls LOL!

I'm glad you had a great time and you didn't need a FP, but you could have used a paper FP at any point of the day.

Remember, you could call Disney three different times with a yes/no question, and get three different answers.

I can totally confirm THIS bit of wisdom from prior experience.

Then again....I've learned so very many things from WDW...It works with almost ANY large corporation/call center. Don't bother calling afterhours/overnight. and if you get a rude customer service rep, hang up can call back. You will get a different agent. You just have to go through the stupid phone tree again.

The picking on bus-drivers thing has already gotten old and annoying.

And it's mean-spirited.

In this case I'll agree. I shouldn't have said that because in my experience they're actually a little more reliable than the phone CMs.

Disneylover99 said:
When 6 disney kids said she hadn't seen any active FP machines, well that sounds like AK.....but when she mentioned having to see a cm and tell how many fp's she needed and the reason why, well that sounds like DAS.

Oh I missed "the reason why" part. I thought when it was mentioned talking to a CM it meant at the FP+ kiosk. I was just really confused by the post. I was under the impression FP_ was available everywhere but AK. Well available until they run out. Maybe they are not a RD family?

This WOULD be a welcomed change and I can see a rationale for it .... If the purpose is to keep you and your money in the park and you burn your 3 FPs by noon .... the possibility is there that you leave wdw .... go off property or to your room for lunch and the afternoon .... why not hook you in with another set of FPs starting at 2pm ???

Believe it or not, even I could possibly live with this if it was to work out this way. :rolleyes1

This WOULD be a welcomed change and I can see a rationale for it .... If the purpose is to keep you and your money in the park and you burn your 3 FPs by noon .... the possibility is there that you leave wdw .... go off property or to your room for lunch and the afternoon .... why not hook you in with another set of FPs starting at 2pm ???

That said ... have seen nothing yet to indicate this is coming AND we would have to reexamine all those FP+ capacity issues again ...

Yes, there's that pesky MATH thing again...

Hi Everyone!

I have enjoyed and been able to get so much information from this forum. I love it! So I am going to vent about FP+ but according to the WDW rep I just spoke to, there is a silver lining.

Where to begin.......my family and I travel to WDW every year and we have a great time. Mostly because we can experience Disney our way. We go to the park pick up our FP during the day and enjoy the rides that we want to ride. We average about 5-6 fast passes a day. Sometimes even more if we are hopping from park to park. We love it and no, we are not rushing to get the passes. Again this is the way we do Disney!

Just went to start selection for our FP+ and I am not very excited about it. I can not select the rides I want to go on. Examples:

Hollywood Studios, I can not select both Toy Story Mania and the Rock-n-Roller coaster.

I can not select two parks on the same day. (we always have hopper passes)

This was very disappointing. After all I am spending a lot of money and I should be able to FP the attractions that I want to be on. So for those of you that are "melting down" I get it.

SILVER LINING!!!!!
I called WDW and spoke to them about FP+.

Found out that you can not use the old FP system if you have FP+. Once you activate the wrist bands the old systems will not work for you. bummer.

But currently there is a way to get more FP+ selections. Supposedly, about an hour after you use your 3 FP+ selections you should be able to select 3 more. This also works if you have the hopper and change to a new park. But you need to have a device to get into the "my Disney experience" site to select more.

Hopefully this holds true. So here is to hoping!!!!!!

Hi Hon
I was on the phone for hours last night with Disney IT and today 3 times,,long story -10 day paper (2009) non expiry hopper is unreadable,,,it's being worked out,should hear tomorrow.
Anyhow I mentioned the hopper aspect to the IT person (like what sense does a hopper make if you can't get any headliners in another park,she said "oh we are still rolling the program out".
Well I say keep on rolling it out ..........!
Hmmm.... maybe I'll make a special wish for us!:wizard:
Hugs
Mel

Edited to add
I love Disney transportation drivers.
Hmmm,,,,,,, and they have been sorting out moving people around from main hubs to different parks
in the past few years haven't they?

Now I am confused about this too. I read on the DIS that you can use your MB and also a FP- machine if you have a plastic park ticket. In fact, I just finished posting that to someone. I hope I am not giving out incorrect info, and I hope to be able to use both FP+ and FP- when I am there in Feb. Does anyone know anything for sure?

If they actually did allow you to schedule more FPs once your initial 3 had been used, it certainly would dampen the appeal of the very FPs that were added to bump up the capacity numbers (Wishes, MSEP, Illuminations, Fantasmic)...... since the last one wouldn't have been burned until almost park closing.

Now I am confused about this too. I read on the DIS that you can use your MB and also a FP- machine if you have a plastic park ticket. In fact, I just finished posting that to someone. I hope I am not giving out incorrect info, and I hope to be able to use both FP+ and FP- when I am there in Feb. Does anyone know anything for sure?

Currently this is true in all parks but DAK. And for those staying at any resort except Pop and All-Stars.

This could change any day.

Lyndarella said:

Read my previous post......

As mentioned already, a change could come at any time, but we were able to use both FP+ and FP- on our trip that ended 12/24. We stayed at POR and were give KTTW cards in addition to our Magicbands because they said some places were still not equipped to read the bands yet. We were not able to schedule any additional FP+ attractions after our 3 were used. Also, as widely reported now, FP machines at Animal Kingdom were covered and not available for use. It is clear that they are moving toward the end of FP-, but who knows at what rate that will happen. They are also sending surveys out the wazoo about the FP+ experience.

I love Disney transportation drivers.
Hmmm,,,,,,, and they have been sorting out moving people around from main hubs to different parks
in the past few years haven't they?

I'm sorry I brought them up; it's certainly true that very few of them deserve to be a part of the running joke that started here apparently because of a few of them that have been reported here to give out very bad advice.

I would probably forget it entirely if I could take one trip to WDW without a driver perpetuating the myth. During my last trip in October one driver constantly gave out bad advice and false information (stuff anyone here would know isn't true) over the loudspeaker all the way from POR to Epcot. Disney has had a lot of bus accidents in the last year, so I wasn't very happy for her to do that the entire time she was driving.

It is always interesting posting on this site.

I have spoken to about 5 different reps throughout the day (and yes they were all different people). They have all given me the same information that I posted the first time. Who knows. I will just have to wait and see.

Also, for those that think I needed to be set right.........

I don't mind my "bubble being burst". I just do not know why some people have to do it in such a mean spirited way. The reason I posted the information was to share and see if anyone else had heard or experienced this.

A little kindness goes a long way.:)

Bottom line is that the rollout for this system is not complete. It will continue to be in transition, with tweeks and fine tuning made, until WDW says is COMPLETE. So, even if something is "verified" or confirmed to be true at this point, it may not end up being part of the "final product".

So, I'm not getting worked up about how the system is working (or not working) right now because our trip is not until Sept. I'm not going to fret over a detail that may very well change in the next 9 months.

For example, during the intial testing phase FP+ was only offered to resort guests. AP holders were FREAKING OUT on a facebook thread I followed. People who like to stay off-site were also all up in arms and debates broke out between on-site and off-site people. It got rather nasty! Fast forward a little and now we know AP holders can now use FP+ and the testing phase for off-site guests has begun in AK.
So I"m going to just sit tight and when the time comes (in a few more months) for me to chose my FP's I'll manage with the system as it is at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter