FP+ maybe silver lining!

I've done a lot of research, and nowhere have I ever heard that once you activate FP+ you can't use old FP. As a matter of fact, I started a thread this morning just to sort of confirm that. Because if that is the case, I won't "activate" my Magic Bands because I'd rather use the old FP system.

Should each of us call WDW individually confirm this? I thought there might be someone on this forum that could confirm that this wasn't the case. If this is a new development, it's just the first I've heard of it - and it seems like not many others have heard it either.

I really don't want to burst any bubbles - but I do want to know the truth. And the OP should too.

According to some recent news, the old FP system will be entirely gone by Summer. Not sure when your trip is, but I wouldn't count on being able to use the old system. It is already gone at AK, and those staying at Pop and All-Stars are not being given KTTW cards, so they cannot use use the old machines anyways.

When were in WDW in Nov we were told once we used up of FP+ for the day we could use the paper fast pass.

Well that wasn't true.

You could use your paper FP in November at any time with FP+. You still can at most resorts.

Could this be true in the future? Maybe. Is it true right now? No.

Also this:

Found out that you can not use the old FP system if you have FP+. Once you activate the wrist bands the old systems will not work for you. bummer.

Is pretty misleading. The Magic Bands have absolutely nothing to do with the old FP- system. You can use the FP- system as of now if you have a current KTTW card not from Pop or All Stars, an expired room only KTTW card or separate ticket media that can pull FP-. Having a working MB with FP+ is an entirely different thing.

The CM either was intentionally misleading or does not have a firm grasp on the current situation in the parks. Either way, I wouldn't get too excited about what one single CM tells someone over the phone.

I've done a lot of research, and nowhere have I ever heard that once you activate FP+ you can't use old FP. As a matter of fact, I started a thread this morning just to sort of confirm that. Because if that is the case, I won't "activate" my Magic Bands because I'd rather use the old FP system.

Should each of us call WDW individually confirm this? I thought there might be someone on this forum that could confirm that this wasn't the case. If this is a new development, it's just the first I've heard of it - and it seems like not many others have heard it either.

I really don't want to burst any bubbles - but I do want to know the truth. And the OP should too.

Be prepared, while at AK, they had all the FP kiosks covered. For those of us who took last minute unscheduled trips and didn't have bands, we had to wait in line and have cast members schedule with the new system. It was awful. My kids waited and rode primeval whirl before I even got to my turn with the cast member. And then, she couldn't figure out how to get us the passes we needed ( 2w for Everest, 3 for PW) it was a mess and a huge time waster.

And before you say it, the mde app was so overloaded we could barely get it to work for wait times, let alone to make fP ressies. People in line with me were lamenting how difficult it was to make changes. Hope they have this better worked out before summer crowds.

I'm here now, I haven't seen any active Fast Pass machines, We asked if we could get additional paper fast passes once ours were used in our magic bands, and were told more than once, we couldn't do that. Also, we aren't currently able to add more after we have used all 3 on My Disney Experience. I do hope next time there will be an enhancement for park hopping, and adding passes.

Additionally, you have to see a CM at the attraction to get a fast pass and they have to log how many and why. Not easy

6disneykids said:
I'm here now, I haven't seen any active Fast Pass machines, We asked if we could get additional paper fast passes once ours were used in our magic bands, and were told more than once, we couldn't do that. Also, we aren't currently able to add more after we have used all 3 on My Disney Experience. I do hope next time there will be an enhancement for park hopping, and adding passes.

What resort are you staying at and what parks have you benn to?

Uh oh, bus drivers are answering the phones at WDW now.

:rotfl2:

Disney Experience Representative. If you have spoken to someone else please tell me. Or have experienced it not to be true please tell me. Otherwise PLEASE DO NOT BURST MY BUBBLE!!!!!!!

Remember this is a forum to help each other.

Well, it IS helping someone by setting them straight. Phone CMs are notorious for giving incorrect information (almost as reliable as bus drivers). "Bursting someone's bubble" is not a bad thing if it prevents them from going into a situation misinformed. That could ruin your trip if you base your touring plan on the information and then it falls apart when you discover you can only get three a day, period.

It would be an improvement to the current situation if that change does come about. My advice is to keep reading trip reports here and see what people are actually experiencing on the ground.

Additionally, you have to see a CM at the attraction to get a fast pass and they have to log how many and why. Not easy

This seems to be the new version of the GAC (forgetting the new initials right now!). I know that's how that system works now. Don't think this has anything to do with a general FP.

I am quite skeptical that this is going on right now. Could be that it's coming. I have always believed that it would be opened up to more FPs same day. What else are they going to do with any excess inventory after initial selections have been made?

I just happen to believe that the only time of year headliner spots will be left are the times of year you don't need FP at all.

I just think this can't happen until the remaining 3 parks cover their legacy FP machines as they have done already at AK.

Okay i was there 2 weeks ago. I WAS able to pull FP- in addition to our FP+ schedule. I did not do it 3 hours post scheduled times or at an additional park.
So right now you CAN still "double dip" with no problems.
Remember that barnstormer, dumbo and backstage with mickey are not linked to the system so you will always be able to pull all 3 of these at the same time with no issues.
As far as HS goes.....we did FP+ for TSMM and pulled paper ToT passes. No problems.
How things will change in the coming months, I do not know. I could tell that they are still working out kinks. I learned lots about the system this last trip and am confident it will continue to improve and will work if people just do their research and plan accordingly.......especially at peak times!

If the FP- use KTTW and you only get a magic band when you check in, how can you still use FP-?

Well that wasn't true.

You could use your paper FP in November at any time with FP+. You still can at most resorts.

We didn't use the paper fast pass, we were happy with the fast pass+. The lines were pretty reasonable in November. The one day it rained, there were no lines at all at Epcot. We wore ponchos and rode rides, ate our face off and picked a few pearls LOL!

This WOULD be a welcomed change and I can see a rationale for it .... If the purpose is to keep you and your money in the park and you burn your 3 FPs by noon .... the possibility is there that you leave wdw .... go off property or to your room for lunch and the afternoon .... why not hook you in with another set of FPs starting at 2pm ???

That said ... have seen nothing yet to indicate this is coming AND we would have to reexamine all those FP+ capacity issues again ...

If the FP- use KTTW and you only get a magic band when you check in, how can you still use FP-?

With a different ticket media, APs or 3rd party vendors. We'll have YES tickets and could access FP- if the machines are available. Also, people have reported using old KTTW cards-which I think is funny. It never would have occurred to me to bring old ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter