FP Line Cutting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
This one was so sad! I had passed the first tapstile and was walking toward the safari, a husband and wife with their maybe 10 year old son were walking along the regular line, looked behind them and then the father held the rope up and they all ducked under into the FP line. I was a little shocked! The mom looked nervous when she saw me looking at them.
I think people know that the second tapstile is covered ... I don't know why they don't have that one working. At Soarin there's a big wall so you can't cut and the second tapstile is working. Here where it's so easy to cheat, it's not. Doesn't make sense. I mentioned to a cast member on my way onto the truck that people are ducking under the rope. I think I'll mention it to guest services if there isn't a line there.
What a terrible example to set for your son...

This one was so sad! I had passed the first tapstile and was walking toward the safari, a husband and wife with their maybe 10 year old son were walking along the regular line, looked behind them and then the father held the rope up and they all ducked under into the FP line. I was a little shocked! The mom looked nervous when she saw me looking at them.
I think people know that the second tapstile is covered ... I don't know why they don't have that one working. At Soarin there's a big wall so you can't cut and the second tapstile is working. Here where it's so easy to cheat, it's not. Doesn't make sense. I mentioned to a cast member on my way onto the truck that people are ducking under the rope. I think I'll mention it to guest services if there isn't a line there.
What a terrible example to set for your son...

The second some people figure out a way to cheat, they will. It's sad, but true.

There's another ride at the MK that doesn't have a 2nd tapstile, can't remember now- BTMRR maybe? I didn't ride it so I don't remember for sure, but my daughter complained that both times she was in the fp+ line, there were line jumpers.

Please leave your comments at guest services if you can. There may not be a thing they can do at the moment, but at least they know guests are seeing this go on and that might motivate them if they hear it enough.

The second some people figure out a way to cheat, they will. It's sad, but true.

There's another ride at the MK that doesn't have a 2nd tapstile, can't remember now- BTMRR maybe? I didn't ride it so I don't remember for sure, but my daughter complained that both times she was in the fp+ line, there were line jumpers.

Please leave your comments at guest services if you can. There may not be a thing they can do at the moment, but at least they know guests are seeing this go on and that might motivate them if they hear it enough.

BTMRR has a second tapstile. It was being used in July, it may not be now.

Hmmmm, has the Safari second tapstile been covered for long? I'm pretty sure we had to scan again when we were there in May.

I don't recall if there was a second scan point at BTMRR, and we were there just last week. Going senile, I suppose. ;)

I DID notice that at Universal some CMs were lackadaisical about scanning the Express Pass. In several instances someone could have easily snuck in.

Hmmmm, has the Safari second tapstile been covered for long? I'm pretty sure we had to scan again when we were there in May.

I don't recall if there was a second scan point at BTMRR, and we were there just last week. Going senile, I suppose. ;)

I DID notice that at Universal some CMs were lackadaisical about scanning the Express Pass. In several instances someone could have easily snuck in.

We had to use the second tapstile at the Safari in July.

the 2nd one at Splash has been covered for a LONG time. We see people cross over almost every visit...:rolleyes2

Most rides have a second person checking FP close to the ride. When I went in July I remember Safari had a second one just prior to boarding. Is it because it's a quieter season they did away with the second checker?

Definitely let Disney know by notifying Guest Services. If Disney is going to expect us to make the effort to reserve FP+ in advance, then they need to live up to their half of the arrangement and ensure the rules are followed.

BTMRR has a second tapstile. It was being used in July, it may not be now.

Yeah, I'll have to check with her in what ride that was- I'm drawing a blank. I know it was at the MK, just don't recall which ride.

I saw this and other line cutting tactics enough times in August that I did stop into guest relations at the studios and got what I felt was an apathetic response.

Our issues were at Space mountain (saw it every time!), Safari, Toy Story and even Dumbo and they all had a 2nd FP+ check point. I won't go into detail as I don't want to share the tactic here.

Guest Relations seemed to think that line jumpers don't directly affect another guests experience so they didn't understand my complaint! In other words none of my business what others do and how Disney handles it.

In July, the second turnstile at Splash wasn't working. We were waiting in the FP+ line, and the young, foreign couple in front of us scanned their cards and the mickey heads turned blue (no entry) and they literally ran from the turnstiles into the FP+ line. Since they left so hastily, the CM's thought that we weren't supposed to be in the FP+ line. They had scanned blank cards with zero FP+ reservations on them :confused3 We explained what happened, but the CM's made no effort to go and retrieve the FP+ cheaters from the line.

We were so hoping that they would be sent back to the regular (60+ minutes) line at the second FP+ scanner, but it wasn't working. So they cheated the FP+ system with ease. I guess you just need to be really fast runners. I know they knew what they were doing from the way they sprinted after touching their cards to the mickey heads. No need to wait around to be denied entry I guess.

The second FP+ scanner was not working at Splash for our trip in June or October so I assume it has just been out the whole time. I joked with my husband in October that we should have just stayed in standby and crossed over at some not so obvious point along the line to FP+ since it appears they never fixed it. I would never actually be able to do this. Guilty conscience. But it sure would not be hard to do. Wonder why they don't fix it. Does anyone know if it actually was out the whole time or just coincidence it was out on both of my trips?

It was splash mountain- either wasn't working or not there that my daughter saw jumpers. We had line jumpers at dl once- I went up to the CM, she started watching and once they moved again , she pulled them out of line. I have no idea what happened after that, but at least they were removed from the line.

I'm just waiting for the "If Disney had a problem with it, they would fix it so you couldn't" crowd to start a thread on what rides this works on and how to get away with it.:sad2:

Definitely let Disney know by notifying Guest Services. If Disney is going to expect us to make the effort to reserve FP+ in advance, then they need to live up to their half of the arrangement and ensure the rules are followed.

Yes, I agree.

And being the super childish grownup that I am, I would have hollered at them for everyone to hear. lol

It was splash mountain- either wasn't working or not there that my daughter saw jumpers. We had line jumpers at dl once- I went up to the CM, she started watching and once they moved again , she pulled them out of line. I have no idea what happened after that, but at least they were removed from the line.

Yep. Splash definitely wasn't using the 2nd tapstile in early September. I remember because we all commented on how weird it was. We actually had a paper pass that we got from an awesome CM, so we had to hand it over to the first CM when we got in the FP line. We were in the right place, but we had no proof, so we were concerned there'd be a place we needed to show a pass and we wouldn't have one, but the tapstile was covered and there was no CM there.

The second FP+ scanner was not working at Splash for our trip in June or October so I assume it has just been out the whole time. I joked with my husband in October that we should have just stayed in standby and crossed over at some not so obvious point along the line to FP+ since it appears they never fixed it. I would never actually be able to do this. Guilty conscience. But it sure would not be hard to do. Wonder why they don't fix it. Does anyone know if it actually was out the whole time or just coincidence it was out on both of my trips?

I believe the 2nd tapstile was working at Splash on 10/24, I know for sure there at least was a CM there cause we got our child swap ticket there - I don't remember if we had to use the tapstile though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter