• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ line at Star Tours was much longer than SB line

MaryKatesMom

DIS Veteran
Yesterday around 10AM we rode Star Tours with a posted time of 10 minutes but was actually just about walk on. We get off and get in the line for FP+ which had now formed. It was about 10 people deep. The wait time was listed as 10 minutes. I said to the DH that can't be right anymore there is a que to get in the FP+ line. Actually it was worse for us.

We followed a long line of people toward the merge where we stopped. However, while we stood there the CM was waving the SB line straight through still. As guests one at a time pressed their magic bands and got in line a dozen or more SB guests breezed past and in front.

In this case, the SB line was Faster.

Wow! This is good information to know. I have seen the same thing at Philharmagic, but that seemed obvious to me. This would not be something that I was expecting.

I've seen this a few different times on different rides, but definitely with Star Tours more than once. It's also funny watching the large tour groups clog the single rider line at Test Track when the Standby line is still not busy.

Star Tours is usually walk on or less than 10 minute wait.

I know if I see a posted time of more than 25 minutes I come back later.

We had that happen on our trip a few weeks ago. We rode standby with a posted 10 minute wait, then came back later to use our FP's. The FP line was all the way out past the bathrooms/JTA stage and no one in the SB line.

Standby line made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs. It's fast enough for you, old man. :chewy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter