FP+ how do us "2nd class" Disney guests get FP's for Mine Train?

I'm staying onsite but can only choose 30 days in advance. Is that because I booked through Expedia?

Did you hit the 60 day mark yet? It doesn't show the 60 days until you actually reach the 60 day mark. Is your reservation linked?

Original Poster - Regarding people staying onsite - there have been many posts from people onsite who have not been able to get it at 60 days, they are already gone. People staying onsite with longer trips are getting them.

We went at rope drop in August, on a crowd "8" day, and waited 20 minutes in stand-by line. You can still ride without a FP!

We went at rope drop in August, on a crowd "8" day, and waited 20 minutes in stand-by line. You can still ride without a FP!

I love reading posts like this! My onsite stay window doesn't open for another 5 days, and as a PP said, I'm already reading of no FP+ available on days we will be there. Very disheartening!! But, then I read a post like this and I think of Crush from Nemo saying something like "Chill, dude!" :thumbsup2 It gives me hope...

To the original poster, I do hope you end up with what you want:wizard:

We managed to ride twice in mid August by going late, as fireworks began. The wait was 20-25 minutes both times even though the standby time was posted as 75 minutes.

Im here now and the waits have not been that bad. We did get FP, but the waits were usually 30 minutes when I walked by. That's on the sign, as I found every single ride we did overestimated the wait. We did go during the Halloween Party with FP. We went right after the fireworks and it said 20 minutes, but was closer to 15. My kids enjoyed the interactive things in the line. I overheard someone saying it was less than 10 minutes during the fireworks. So, going during the Halloween party during the fireworks is another option.

If you are not doing the Halloween party then try rope drop. If that is still too long, try right before park close. The waits are generally even more overestimated at park close, so get in line even if waits look long at the end of the night. (If I'm wrong and the wait is actually accurate! then at least you won't be wasting valuable park time).

I'm staying onsite but can only choose 30 days in advance. Is that because I booked through Expedia?

If you are staying onsite you should be able to book FP+ at 60 days.
Is your reservation linked to your My Disney Experience account?

The 14th? There is no party that day on the calendar? We are going that night, but (I thought) not during a party?

My bad, just typed a number wrong. We are going on the 13th. Point being you can still snag a fast pass at this late date.

Not sure when you're trip is, but there's an opening right now for the 15th . In fact on that day, there are openings for every single attraction- included A&E. There is also availability past that, but I realize you can't see those dates just yet.

Just keep checking- they released more dates yesterday so chances are you'll find.

How can YOU know this???
I am still confused on changing my existing FP to get mIne train

Did you link your Expedia reservation online to your Disney Experience? When I've made onsite bookings through Hotels.com, I've always been able to link them, and I believe all third-party sites are able to, which should give you the 60 days in advance.

I tried to link it but couldn't seem to do it. It's too late now. I tried to get a FP+ for Saturday, October 18th for the 7 Dwarf ride but there was no availability. Times for the other attractions were limited but I did my best.

Next time I book through Expedia I'll come here for directions on linking. Thanks.
:)

It's not just offsite people having issues getting FP+. My window opened up, I was on there 2 minutes after it opens, had issues with chrome. Anyway, for one of my MK days no SDMT. I did get a FP+ for my other MK day. But it's still amazing to me how there can be none that quickly. And the day I was looking at is November 21st. It's a Christmas Party day, we aren't going to that though. But typically the park isn't as busy, due to the early closing time. I just don't get it.

But it will be okay. I might try another day, but I have a question about that. When I go in to a FP+ to change the experience, it does it for all three of my party members. But that means I can't try us one at a time to get SDMT. And if I cancel a FP in order to try to get one, one person at a time, it ends up canceling all of my FP for that day. Am I missing something? Thanks.

And good luck to the OP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter