• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ Grace Period Experience

Heckah

Mouseketeer
My parents surprised me a month ago by letting me know they will be joining us on our trip in a few weeks. I'm thrilled to have them, but after enduring my own hell trying to get A&E FP+'s for my family, I've had to try and get two more to get my parents in, I ended up moderately successful

I have my family of four with 3:20-4:20, got my mom 2:20-3:20 and my dad 2:10-3:10. If we show up between 3:10 and 3:20 can all six of us get in without a problem. I know it can vary, just curious about if anyone had experience either way.

I really don't want to have to keep looking if I don't have to.:surfweb:

In June, we were able to do 5 minutes before but never tried after. If you wanted to be 100%, I would tell my parents to go in at 3:10. Then they could just wait for you inside and the rest of you might be able to get in at 3:15. They can just let others that come in go in front of them staying at the back of the line until the rest of the family enters.

My parents surprised me a month ago by letting me know they will be joining us on our trip in a few weeks. I'm thrilled to have them, but after enduring my own hell trying to get A&E FP+'s for my family, I've had to try and get two more to get my parents in, I ended up moderately successful

I have my family of four with 3:20-4:20, got my mom 2:20-3:20 and my dad 2:10-3:10. If we show up between 3:10 and 3:20 can all six of us get in without a problem. I know it can vary, just curious about if anyone had experience either way.

I really don't want to have to keep looking if I don't have to.:surfweb:

The system appears to have a built-in grace period of 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after. However, I am told that it is possible for CMs to override that in certain situations. I would not suggest relying on the grace period unless there is no other choice.

I've gotten into a ride 15 min late, but that was in April & I don't know if things have changed.

A CM posted that if the people in your group with the earliest FPs tap in at the first point and leave the line, you can then all enter as a group when the last person's FP time begins. The FP isn't considered redeemed until you tap at the second checkpoint. I haven't tested this myself, but I have confidence in the poster who explained this process. Whatever you do, don't let the first part of your group tap the second checkpoint until the whole group is there.

I have our FP+ for the six of us set up like that and I was planning on relying on the 5 min wary window and a 10 min grace period. I will let you know how it works for us. Out date is Oct 14th.

I was told 15 minutes after but I have not tested it!

I was also told this on Sunday at DHS by a cast member at the Kiosk. We did enter the Great Movie ride 5-10 minutes after our window, and the Mickey lit up green, we had no issues. This was the only time we tried it.

We were 10 minutes late to our EE FP+ time yesterday morning, and had no issues at the first or second checkpoint.

The system appears to have a built-in grace period of 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after. However, I am told that it is possible for CMs to override that in certain situations. I would not suggest relying on the grace period unless there is no other choice.

The built in grace period has been my experience as well. The CM stationed at the FP entrance will literally see green if you're within your window, plus 5 mins on the beginning and 15 minutes on the end. 1 minute earlier or later, and they will see red and reject you. I don't think they even look at the times and how early/late you are.

Last trip on a slow afternoon in Epcot, we were two minutes early to our 5 minute grace period showing up for Test Track. The CM saw red when we scanned our bands so she held us at the gate and told us to come back 5 minutes before our window opened.

In June, we were able to do 5 minutes before but never tried after. If you wanted to be 100%, I would tell my parents to go in at 3:10. Then they could just wait for you inside and the rest of you might be able to get in at 3:15. They can just let others that come in go in front of them staying at the back of the line until the rest of the family enters.

Agree with this. I would get your parents in before their time runs out and then you can try to get in early, but at least then your parents will be in then.

I would suggest this strategy. I never had a problem with the 5 minute early grace period but would not want to risk the late grace period. If you are too early there is no loss you just try again. If you are late you could miss it completely.

Also when I visited any of the princesses, they simply let you in the line and then paid very little attention to you. I was not in a hurry and let a few little ones go ahead of me. They also ask at the last rope how many are in your party and take people in the room in chunks so you shouldn't have trouble reconnecting on the inside.

I agree - in this situation, showing up early is better than showing up late!

My experience has been 5 minutes early and up to 15 minutes late, however, we were once 20 minutes late and, though Mickey turned blue, on the computer it said "grant access", so the CM let us in. I consider ourselves lucky!

I would have your mom and dad go in at about 3:05 pm and explain to the CM the situation. Yes, they can wait and let others go ahead of them until you get into the line.

five minutes early did not happen for us at BTMRR in early August
we had our FP time wrong in our heads and showed up five minutes early....did not get the go ahead, so had to wait for actual time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter