FP for younger riders

Banana22

Earning My Ears
This has probably been asked, but our 4 yr old son is not tall enough for Space Mountain. Myself, my wife and DD are tall enough. We booked a FP for him for the ride because it was easiest when we booked. If we booked him another ride using that FP, would one of us be able to ride with him, since he couldn't go on alone ? It just seems like we're wasting a FP by booking one knowing he can't use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No - you will not be let into the FP line without a fast pass, when my kids were small we just split 2/2 so each adult had time with each kid doing something they enjoyed.

So DH older DD splash, ME younger dd Barnstormer, then DH and younger dd Peter Pan Me and Older DD BTMR etc.

In your case maybe 2 for space and 2 for buzz?

Since WDW still offers rider switch, get a FP for yourself for Space Mountain and one for your wife and son for a different ride. When we last went, that's what we did, and got a rider switch for the other adult so they could ride later. *I may be wrong about this if they've changed the policy to make it so that everyone has to have FP to use rider switch with the FP line, I heard that might be the case but I'm not sure.*

We just returned from WDW this last week. I initially made FP for everyone in my party. When we approached the FP line, they asked if we all had FP and when I said yes, they said great and put a rider swap on our other two kids since I already had a FP. As the week went on, I was occasionally able to book a 4th FP for our group but would split the FP and take the baby on something while DH did the big kids. Occasionally we would still ask for a rider swap. If we were going through FP, they would ask if I had a FP and if I said no, I’m taking the baby on Buzz they would say “No problem, I can fix you right up!” They would then give me and the two kids rider swap. This was our experience from last week. I was hesitant based on other reports but we never had issues. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter