FP+ for MSEP and Wishes is amazing!

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
Tonight I took my 2 girls to the MK to see MSEP and wishes using FP+ and those FPs are worth their weight in gold!!! DH was supposed to be with us, but he wasn't feeling well and stayed in the room so it was me by myself with a 3 yo and a 7 yo. Not having to fight the masses for a spot was wonderful. We showed up to the parade 20 min before show time and had a 2nd row spot, didn't even have to stand to watch it and the castle for a backdrop.
After the parade was over we hightailed it over to the Rose Garden and got to spread out and watch the castle show and wishes. The view isn't dead on perfect, but being able to lie in the grass and watch tinker bell and fireworks explode overhead? Priceless! Normally my short self is struggling to find a spot to see over everyone else's shoulders while holding up my short 7 yo and my 3 yo on DH's shoulders, crammed in with wall to wall people. Snuggling up with my girls in the grass is a million times better. I think from now on it will be fireworks with FP+ or fireworks from the Poly. I'm spoiled now.

Tonight I took my 2 girls to the MK to see MSEP and wishes using FP+ and those FPs are worth their weight in gold!!! DH was supposed to be with us, but he wasn't feeling well and stayed in the room so it was me by myself with a 3 yo and a 7 yo. Not having to fight the masses for a spot was wonderful. We showed up to the parade 20 min before show time and had a 2nd row spot, didn't even have to stand to watch it and the castle for a backdrop.
After the parade was over we hightailed it over to the Rose Garden and got to spread out and watch the castle show and wishes. The view isn't dead on perfect, but being able to lie in the grass and watch tinker bell and fireworks explode overhead? Priceless! Normally my short self is struggling to find a spot to see over everyone else's shoulders while holding up my short 7 yo and my 3 yo on DH's shoulders, crammed in with wall to wall people. Snuggling up with my girls in the grass is a million times better. I think from now on it will be fireworks with FP+ or fireworks from the Poly. I'm spoiled now.

Sounds like a great time was had by all! Where is the FP+ viewing area?

Sounds like a great time was had by all! Where is the FP+ viewing area?

the viewing area for MSEP is in the HUB in front of the castle. Wishes is across the bridge to Tomorrowland in the Rose Garden. We sat for MSEP (front row) on the side near the FP+ entrance so very close to Rose Garden. We liked the view for Wishes, had read here to stay to the left in the Rose Garden as the view is better,

My sister has a 3 year old and we had 3 other kids which is why we felt it was worth it to use FP+ for both. It was a very busy night at MK; one of the few non party nights.

Hub-ParadeampWishes_112913_zps5a24c014.jpg

Loved the MSEP FP. Problem is it was impossible to get from there to our Wishes FP location with a double stroller. Ended up in the same spot which was too close and too center - lots of wishes blocked by the castle.

Loved the MSEP FP. Problem is it was impossible to get from there to our Wishes FP location with a double stroller. Ended up in the same spot which was too close and too center - lots of wishes blocked by the castle.

Check the map in my post previous to yours.
The red arrows are provided to show where to move immediately following the parade
(it's only about 50 feet) for a great viewing angle for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes.

Normally my short self is struggling to find a spot to see over everyone else's shoulders while holding up my short 7 yo and my 3 yo on DH's shoulders, crammed in with wall to wall people.

You are me, exactly! I'm super short with a 7 yo and 3 yo.

When the kids are older, we'll use the FP+ for the cool rides, but for now, easy parade and fireworks viewing is a must. Thanks for the feedback!

So is this 2 of your three fastpasses for the day?

So is this 2 of your three fastpasses for the day?

Yup.

Even so, I booked these too.

We will RD the morning and rock out all the rides. Grab lunch at WL, nap at CR and be back in the evening for the MSEP and Wishes.

Wish me luck!

I need some help getting a fp to wishes. When we were there in october, we chose all 3 of our FPs and when fixing a MB problem, a CM mentioned we had a FP for wishes.

"What?" said I. "no we don't" :confused:

"yes, you do...it says right here"

:confused:

"Oh, ok...yes, um...we do" :confused3

So I want a FP but have no idea how to get one, since the first one was magic. I am choosing for the first week in feb and can't see it in the choices.

Robo:

Sounds like the best option is using on FP+ for MSEP and just moving back for Wishes, instead of using another FP+. Would you agree?

Robo:

Sounds like the best option is using on FP+ for MSEP and just moving back for Wishes, instead of using another FP+. Would you agree?

I am curious, too. Is the entire area cleared out for the MSEP FP+ folks? It seems like we'd just be trying to move backwards into a mob.

We're there Christmas week, and am seriously considering using some FP+ for spots . . . Decisions, decisions!

Robo:

That's why I made the map.
But, everyone is free make their own decision, of course.

I assume good viewing areas for Wishes are more plentiful than MSEP. Think I'll book MSEP and wing it for Wishes.

I am curious, too.

1- Is the entire area cleared out for the MSEP FP+ folks?

2- It seems like we'd just be trying to move backwards into a mob.

1- Nope.

2- Yes, that's a danger... if you don't know where, how, and WHEN to make the move.
I provided the approximate "where."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter