FP+ for guests of DCP

wdw&sonny

DIS Veteran
My son will be in the DCP for Spring 2016. My wife and I are planning a trip in February and expect to enter the park as his guest (so we will not purchase tickets).

Does any one know what that means in terms of ability to make FP+?

[disclaimer: This is all based on the current system... I'm not sure if CPs are affected by the new ticket allowance guidelines that are starting in January]

Your son will get a maingate pass and 3 guest passes. These will be hard ticket cards that will be mailed out.
Once he has them, he can link his maingate/guest passes to his MDX account. From there they act as any other ticket media. If the passes are eligible to be used, then he will be allowed to make up to 3 FP selections per card for up to 4 days. Note: CM passes are only allowed to make FP selections 7 days out.

Just a note- if he is on a hotel reservation, he can make them 60 days out as normal. However, you can't link them to magic bands or anything.

My son will be in the DCP for Spring 2016. My wife and I are planning a trip in February and expect to enter the park as his guest (so we will not purchase tickets).

Does any one know what that means in terms of ability to make FP+?

Disney has recently changed their guest pass policy for all temporary employees which includes the Disney College Program. The number of guest passes you receive is based on the number of hours you have worked with the maximum guest passes being 9 per calendar year. After 150 hours, you will receive 3 one day park hopper guest tickets. After 300 hours, you will receive 3 more. After 600 hours, you will receive 3 more. If you are planning a trip in February, it is very unlikely (depending on his arrival date) that he will have any guest passes for you to use. If he does he would only have 3 one day park hoppers. However, he can purchase discounted tickets through Company D.

Disney has recently changed their guest pass policy for all temporary employees which includes the Disney College Program. The number of guest passes you receive is based on the number of hours you have worked with the maximum guest passes being 9 per calendar year. After 150 hours, you will receive 3 one day park hopper guest tickets. After 300 hours, you will receive 3 more. After 600 hours, you will receive 3 more. If you are planning a trip in February, it is very unlikely (depending on his arrival date) that he will have any guest passes for you to use. If he does he would only have 3 one day park hoppers. However, he can purchase discounted tickets through Company D.

Since you seem to be in the know---I really hate this. My son was in the Fall Advantage and we were able to go in December. MK was blocked so we bought a 1 day pass for that. I believe those passes were 3passes that were 6 day hoppers. HE EXTENDED so he is there until May 12th. He did not use all 6 days, but we know they do not carry over--at least we don't think they do. We are planning on going March 16-19th. We knew at the time he would get more passes since it was a new calendar year. Again MK is blocked. Was going to purchase another 1 or 2 day pass for that. SO technically the most he could have would be 3 passes that are 3 day park hopper. Correct? Most likely he only have 3 - 2 day hoppers unless they keep giving him 50+ hour weeks--which we all know that is not going to happen. Any clues or help would be great. Also, what other items are different?

Last edited:
pigget74 - 3 3-day guest passes has always been the max for CPs (not including any extra comps, which are totally different and I don't know what's happening with those under the new system, but used to be 2 in June, 2 in Dec.). Correct that they do not roll over.

Since you seem to be in the know---I really hate this. My son was in the Fall Advantage and we were able to go in December. MK was blocked so we bought a 1 day pass for that. I believe those passes were 3passes that were 6 day hoppers. HE EXTENDED so he is there until May 12th. He did not use all 6 days, but we know they do not carry over--at least we don't think they do. We are planning on going March 16-19th. We knew at the time he would get more passes since it was a new calendar year. Again MK is blocked. Was going to purchase another 1 or 2 day pass for that. SO technically the most he could have would be 3 passes that are 3 day park hopper. Correct? Most likely he only have 3 - 2 day hoppers unless they keep giving him 50+ hour weeks--which we all know that is not going to happen. Any clues or help would be great. Also, what other items are different?

Essentially temporary employees total tickets were cut in half and now have to be earned over time rather than given fully at the beginning.

Under the old system, CPs got 3 guest passes which allowed for a total of 6 days of entry. If used to the max, then it could be considered as 18 tickets (3 cards x 6 days = 18 entries). In 2015 I used 5 of the 6 days for 13 entries (2 cards x 2 days (4 tickets) + 3 cards x 3 days (9 tickets)) which means I could have had up to 3 people enter 1 more time.

Under the new system, rather than getting 6 days for the year, they now get 3 one-day hoppers based on the hours worked up to a total of 9 1-day hopper tickets at 600 hours, but there still seems to be the limit of entering 3 people per day since only 3 guest passes were distributed. If I understand correctly, this means that CPs are now limited to a total of 9 entries rather than 6 days (compared to the 18 possible entries prior). This could mean 1 guest gets in for 9 days, or 3 guests get in for 3, or however else those 9 are distributed

Using your information, it sounds as if your son will have earned 6 1-day hoppers, possibly all 9 1-day hoppers.

Right now the blockout dates for March aren't up, but it is likely MK will be blocked at least some of your trip.

How many people are you planning on bringing to use the guest passes? If two, then the tickets would break out like this (assuming all 9 are distributed and no blockouts)

16 - 2 1-day hoppers (2)
17 - 2 1-day hoppers (4)
18 - 2 1-day hoppers (6)
19 - 2 1-day hoppers (8)

which would leave one more 1-day pass for your son to use on someone else

If there are 3 people (9 passes, no blockouts)

16 - 3 1-day hoppers (3)
17 - 3 1-day hoppers (6)
18 - 3 1-day hoppers (9)
19 - need to purchase tickets for this day

Hopefully this all makes sense

Essentially temporary employees total tickets were cut in half and now have to be earned over time rather than given fully at the beginning.

Under the old system, CPs got 3 guest passes which allowed for a total of 6 days of entry. If used to the max, then it could be considered as 18 tickets (3 cards x 6 days = 18 entries). In 2015 I used 5 of the 6 days for 13 entries (2 cards x 2 days (4 tickets) + 3 cards x 3 days (9 tickets)) which means I could have had up to 3 people enter 1 more time.

Under the new system, rather than getting 6 days for the year, they now get 3 one-day hoppers based on the hours worked up to a total of 9 1-day hopper tickets at 600 hours, but there still seems to be the limit of entering 3 people per day since only 3 guest passes were distributed. If I understand correctly, this means that CPs are now limited to a total of 9 entries rather than 6 days (compared to the 18 possible entries prior). This could mean 1 guest gets in for 9 days, or 3 guests get in for 3, or however else those 9 are distributed

Using your information, it sounds as if your son will have earned 6 1-day hoppers, possibly all 9 1-day hoppers.

Right now the blockout dates for March aren't up, but it is likely MK will be blocked at least some of your trip.

How many people are you planning on bringing to use the guest passes? If two, then the tickets would break out like this (assuming all 9 are distributed and no blockouts)

16 - 2 1-day hoppers (2)
17 - 2 1-day hoppers (4)
18 - 2 1-day hoppers (6)
19 - 2 1-day hoppers (8)

which would leave one more 1-day pass for your son to use on someone else

If there are 3 people (9 passes, no blockouts)

16 - 3 1-day hoppers (3)
17 - 3 1-day hoppers (6)
18 - 3 1-day hoppers (9)
19 - need to purchase tickets for this day

Hopefully this all makes sense

At some point I thought I saw March back in December, but I guess I was mistaken. Anyway, we thought we had to purchase 3 -1 day MK tickets. There are 3 adults and 2 kids going. Purchasing the kid tickets. So, we were planning on using 3- 3 day passes. Then using the purchased MK pass one day. Because in December we used 3-4day passes with no problem. I are now budgeting that he only gets 6-- 1 day passes. That way we will each use 2-1 day passes and plan on purchasing a 2-day pass.

Thanks

At some point I thought I saw March back in December, but I guess I was mistaken. Anyway, we thought we had to purchase 3 -1 day MK tickets. There are 3 adults and 2 kids going. Purchasing the kid tickets. So, we were planning on using 3- 3 day passes. Then using the purchased MK pass one day. Because in December we used 3-4day passes with no problem. I are now budgeting that he only gets 6-- 1 day passes. That way we will each use 2-1 day passes and plan on purchasing a 2-day pass.

Thanks

Sounds like your plan will work great! The reason you were able to use the passes for 4 days in December is because of the 6 total days rather than # of individual tickets that it is now. That's the biggest (and probably most confusing) change to the system

You are correct that they don't carry over. The most your son can get is 9- 1 day park hoppers. I agree with you and wouldn't bank on your son receiving all of his passes. It is likely that he will have 6- 1 day park hoppers at the time of your visit.

Thanks

While less total passes are given under the new system, the block out dates are now the same as your son's maingate pass. This makes it a little less restrictive. Just wanted to make sure that you are aware... Even though your son won't have enough guest passes to cover your entire trip, he can purchase the 2 day tickets and tickets for the children at a discount at Company D.

March 16-19 MK is blocked out until 4PM. AK is blocked out on the 19th all day.

March 16-19 MK is blocked out until 4PM. AK is blocked out on the 19th all day.

They are doing some weird stuff with MEPs this year. I have never seen a before 4 blockout, or a week long cast blockout outside of Christmas. My guess is that MK is going to be extremely difficult for any guests this year going forward, and people should just expect to have to buy tickets or use actual comps

They are doing some weird stuff with MEPs this year. I have never seen a before 4 blockout, or a week long cast blockout outside of Christmas. My guess is that MK is going to be extremely difficult for any guests this year going forward, and people should just expect to have to buy tickets or use actual comps
I hadn't seen that one either until just today when I looked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter