• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP/finger scan?

Kernandi

Earning My Ears
Do I understand correctly that to get FastPasses now, everyone must be there with their own ticket and scan their finger? Last time we were there, we could send one person over with all the tickets to pick them up while the others did something else with the kids. For planning purposes, it will be nice to know exactly how this works now.
Thanks for any insight you can give!

We just left yesterday and didnt see that change in the fastpasses. The things we fastpassed still just 1 person could do it for all.

Do I understand correctly that to get FastPasses now, everyone must be there with their own ticket and scan their finger? Last time we were there, we could send one person over with all the tickets to pick them up while the others did something else with the kids. For planning purposes, it will be nice to know exactly how this works now.
Thanks for any insight you can give!

Unless it just changed no it doesn't work that way there is no finger scan. You may be confusing some rumored aspects of the new FP+ system that may or may not use scanned RFID wristbands to get FPs.

Everyone has to be admitted to the park - and for most tickets that means a finger scan. "Unused" tickets cant get FP. But we're talking front gate, not at the FP machine itself.

I do think OP has gotten a bit confused.

OP, you can still send a "runner" with all the tickets to the FP distribution kiosk, as long as all people in the party have already entered the park for the day.

If the ticket hasn't gone through the turnstyle and linked to a visitor with the Finger Scan, then you cannot use it to get a FP.

However, if you, the hubby and kids are in the park, and the kids and you are in line to see Merida, hubby can take the tickets to get FP's for Buzz.

I couldn't see Disney doing this as I think it would back up the lines even more. DH and kids are usually around when I go get the fastpasses but they never stand in line with me. Can you imagine the back up it would cause? Just think of the people that can't get the finger scanners to work at rope drop.:rotfl:
Let's hope they never do it anyways!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter