FP enforcement

AustinTink

DIS Veteran
Just got turned away from RSR for being 20 minutes late on our return. In contrast, we were late for
both Indy and BTMR today and had no issue. I'm not upset. I knew we were taking a chance, but I really needed a nap. It was really crowded and hot today. Live and learn.

Yes, fastpass enforcement is real. As for Indy and BTMRR, either you got lucky and found CMs who were giving you a break or more likely those rides were "broken down" for some or all of your window. If a ride breaks down anytime during your return window, you can use your fastpass anytime the rest of that park day, even after your fastpass window has ended.

I should add we were 5 minutes early a few times also and they had us wait. So they really are enforcing more than ever. In the last ten years of visits, we have never seen it so strict. Getting ready for FP plus, I imagine.

Yes, fastpass enforcement is real. As for Indy and BTMRR, either you got lucky and found CMs who were giving you a break or more likely those rides were "broken down" for some or all of your window. If a ride breaks down anytime during your return window, you can use your fastpass anytime the rest of that park day, even after your fastpass window has ended.
I understand that. Been coming here for a decade. Guess we were just always lucky in the past.

I understand that. Been coming here for a decade. Guess we were just always lucky in the past.

Until a few years ago, you were allowed to us them anytime after your window opened. They only started enforcing the window close time in the last 2+ years. Leeway has a lot to do with the CM and park crowds.

I'd also suspect that the individual CM has some discretion. Perhaps RSR is more strict because its so popular.

I should add we were 5 minutes early a few times also and they had us wait. So they really are enforcing more than ever. In the last ten years of visits, we have never seen it so strict. Getting ready for FP plus, I imagine.

Yeah, we have visited several times a year for the last 10 years too, and it has been this strict for the last 2 years, was never an issue before they finally decided to get serious about it. I have seen many people turned away for arriving after their fastpass window. I have heard that some CMs will give a 5 minute buffer, but we haven't tested this. Last year we watched a man yell at a CM at Star Tours because the CM wouldn't let him enter the fastpass line 2 minutes before his fp window opened, but I have also seen a guy show up with his group at the Soarin' line 5 minutes early and get waved through by the CM. That is far more the exception than the rule these days though. My observation of RSR has been that they have been very strict about that ride's return time.

Last edited:
I think that whether or not you are let into the line early might depend on how many people are between the first FP check and when they actually collect the FP. I've also been made to wait on Splash, but let right through on BTMRR. By the time I got to the person taking the FP on BTMRR it was the return time.

I've seen a few situations where people arrived early or late and got turned away. What gets me is when a group is early and told to wait a few more minutes, so they hang around the Fast Pass entrance and make it difficult for people who are on time to get in. As many times as the CM asks them to please step aside and wait, they continue to stand right in the walkway.

It really depends on the CM as stated by others. We have had some CM be strict about it, and some "overlook" the exact return window. I really think it depends on the crowd levels as well.

It was timing I believe. The CM has just had a difficult interaction with the group in front of us. So we walked up right after. No biggie. We had already ridden that day and rode again today. Not the end of the world, just stricter than we are used to.

Glad I read this. At Disney World for years its been a 5 minute early, 10-15 mn late policy. Guess we'll have to be more punctual at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter