FP+ Confusion (On My Part) - Not Sure What To Title This Thread

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
So, we arrive in Orlando on October 25 for a one night stay at Port Orleans (no park tickets) then we are at Yacht Club from October 26-November 1 with a full package. Based on my calculations and what the Dibb shows as the 60 day date I thought I would be able to make FP reservations tonight at midnight since I am at 61 days today for check-in to Yacht Club. However, out of curiosity I went to the website today and lo and behold was able to book my FP+ times (and was able to get an Anna & Elsa for the last day of the trip). So anyway, I don't know if Disney is letting you book early sometimes or if the fact that I had reservations at Port Orleans -- even though I didn't have tickets for that day -- permitted me to go ahead and book my FP+. I suspect its the latter so something to keep in mind for those that are arriving a day early and staying onsite but without tickets. Or maybe I just miscounted the days!

Your tickets are not linked to any specific day. They are part of your package, but I believe it is possible to use a park admission before checking into your resort (even a day before). The situation you have is that you had valid tickets on your MDE, plus a valid on-site stay (starting at Port Orleans) so that's when your date opened. At least, I think that's right.

Your tickets are not linked to any specific day. They are part of your package, but I believe it is possible to use a park admission before checking into your resort (even a day before). The situation you have is that you had valid tickets on your MDE, plus a valid on-site stay (starting at Port Orleans) so that's when your date opened. At least, I think that's right.
I agree that this is what occurred. 60 days from check-in at PO plus valid tickets in the system = allowed to book FP+.

OP - just to make sure I get it....with a split stay you were able to book FP for your entire stay at 60 days from first onsite date??? I have a split stay and just booked dining, but I was only able to book my first 4 days, the system would not allow me to book beyond my checkout date. Even called into Disney Dining and they were not able to book beyond my checkout date. I assumed FP would be the same come my 60 day window. Excited if it will let me book all dates. I was thinking with two shorter stays I may not get the more popular FPs.

I have a split stay, first day only at Port Orleans, and was able to book FP for the entire stay, even though I thought my 60 day window for the park tickets portion of my stay (so the second part) is tonight at midnight.

And to clarify, the first day we have resort only, rest of the time are on the free dining.

OP - just to make sure I get it....with a split stay you were able to book FP for your entire stay at 60 days from first onsite date??? I have a split stay and just booked dining, but I was only able to book my first 4 days, the system would not allow me to book beyond my checkout date. Even called into Disney Dining and they were not able to book beyond my checkout date. I assumed FP would be the same come my 60 day window. Excited if it will let me book all dates. I was thinking with two shorter stays I may not get the more popular FPs.
Dining works differently than FP+
FP+ at 60 days requires just a hotel stay and valid tickets for the number of days you want to book FP+.
The 180+10 for dining is actually tied to your resort reservation and is actually 180+ length of stay, up to 10 days *per* hotel reservation.

OP - thanks for reporting! Disney must have updated the booking window for Split Stays with packages.

Previously, the first onsite stay did not open the FP window if the package was attached to the second onsite stay. @mesaboy2 will be interested in this!!

Thanks Georgiahoo and wdwrich. So glad to hear. I was thinking we had no chance of A&E....now we at least have a slight chance:)

OP: can you please confirm that you had a room only reservation for the first night and then a free dining package which included tickets second? Did you have any other valid forms of ticket media in your MDE account besides the tickets associated with the package? Thanks!

It would be awesome news, if I can book all FP+ from date of RO reservation.

OP: can you please confirm that you had a room only reservation for the first night and then a free dining package which included tickets second? Did you have any other valid forms of ticket media in your MDE account besides the tickets associated with the package? Thanks!

It would be awesome news, if I can book all FP+ from date of RO reservation.
Another DISer posted on another thread that Disney emailed her to let her know her FP booking window was opening with her Room-Only reservation. It appears Disney has listened and allows onsite guests with any ticket (packaged or separate) to begin booking 60 days out from their first onsite day.

Same thing happened here. We are staying pop century on oct 24th with room only reservation,and then our free dining package at pop begins with check in on the 25th, we called disney they said we would be able to book on 60 days from the 25th, but we checked and we were technically able to book 61 days out from our package for all days of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter