FP+, Annual Pass and Pop Century

Mad-Jasper

Mouseketeer
Here now. And just as the helpdesk said, my APs DO NOT work with legacy Fastpass when linked in MDE. I have to deactivate my card and have then reissued at guest relations to take advantage of legacy Fastpass.

Fastpass+ in its current format is too limiting compared to legacy Fastpass. I am heading to guest relations when we leave Epcot.

Here now. And just as the helpdesk said, my APs DO NOT work with legacy Fastpass when linked in MDE. I have to deactivate my card and have then reissued at guest relations to take advantage of legacy Fastpass. Fastpass+ in its current format is too limiting compared to legacy Fastpass. I am heading to guest relations when we leave Epcot.
Well unfortunately your going to have to get used to it starting next week legacy FP will be gone at AK. I would assume that more parks are going to follow in early 2014.

Well unfortunately your going to have to get used to it starting next week legacy FP will be gone at AK. I would assume that more parks are going to follow in early 2014.

I'm ok with it as long as everyone is playing by the same rules. But if I have the option, legacy FP works much better for us.

But they really need to open it up to multiple parks daily. It is absurd to have to use FPs for rides like Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land. Both rides are walk-ons.

That is so weird. I used my linked AP and was able to use it to pull Legacy FP all last weekend, as recently as Sunday.

Good luck!

I'm really confused on why they don't work, when so many people's do. Any insight as to why yours didn't? :confused3

Here now. And just as the helpdesk said, my APs DO NOT work with legacy Fastpass when linked in MDE. I have to deactivate my card and have then reissued at guest relations to take advantage of legacy Fastpass.

Fastpass+ in its current format is too limiting compared to legacy Fastpass. I am heading to guest relations when we leave Epcot.

You're one of the few who has an AP that hasn't worked on legacy FP. :(

Is there more confirmation on that? Link to a post? There's so much info moving back and forth, and with lots of it largely unconfirmed, this was one I missed. Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, I found it. I'm a big boy and CAN use the Internet!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3208936

Problem is resolved. I was issued new cards and they now work with FP and FP+. CM confirmed that AK was getting rid of paper FP in Jan. He also said parkhopping with FP + was a big issue right now.

I did not have an issue.

I had Magic Bands and Premium AP's and stayed at SSR and was able to use my linked AP's on MDE for FP- and used my Magic Bands for FP+ no need to re issue a card at all.. Did you have paper or the RFID card

My annual pass worked in the FP- machines on Tuesday, and it was linked to MDE...

Had a RFID card. I barely got the sentence out of my mouth before the CM said he knew what was going on.

But they really need to open it up to multiple parks daily. It is absurd to have to use FPs for rides like Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land. Both rides are walk-ons.

But those rides have to be a part of the selection or they will run out of FP+ for headliners. They do not have enough headliners. People will pick the headliner at each park. So I don't think they can do it.

I can see them opening up FP+ to multiple parks, but tiering your second and third park so you are unable to choose headliners at more than one park.

But those rides have to be a part of the selection or they will run out of FP+ for headliners. They do not have enough headliners. People will pick the headliner at each park. So I don't think they can do it. I can see them opening up FP+ to multiple parks, but tiering your second and third park so you are unable to choose headliners at more than one park.

And how is that really different that happens with legacy FP? Keep the tiers, but allow for two selections, 4 overall at any park I want to go to. Limiting me to one park with FP selection that I'll never use because I walk on the ride just seems not well thought out.

I'm just back from 5 days w/ an AP, FP+ and stay at Movies. The MB were not pleasant to deal with. Prior to the trip I had spent 45 min on telephone w/ tech support trying to link my AP to MB. No luck. Got there and the errors multiplied. I'm post a new thread when I have written it all up.

Spent another hour at guest relations. I could pull paper but my kid could not. This guy gave me the same line about not being able to use both. Of course I've told grim about my convo with guest relations at Epcot. He said we can't fix it because Epcot made changes to it earlier. ????

Then he said if I use the MB to enter the park, I can't pull paper FP with APs and vice verse.

????

I pointed out to him that mine worked, hers didn't. He said it was because they were in testing an there are a few bugs. Then he said we are telling pass holders not to link cards.

Of course I reminded him that the Epcot guest relations said the exact opposite.

He walks off with my cards for 5 minutes, comes back and tells me he messed up both my cards and it will take him a few minutes. 15 minutes later he returns and said the problem was that Epcot linked both APs to me and he had to issue the kid a new card.

Cluster foxtrot.

That is so weird. I used my linked AP and was able to use it to pull Legacy FP all last weekend, as recently as Sunday.

Good luck!

Us Too and our KTTW cards they gave us at BWV. Came in handy when DW and I went to Soarin and Test Track to pull FP's at the same time !! Along with our scheduled FP+ .Yes I know this was last time for us because we won't be back until April 2015 :sad: Everyone must get used to the new system .

I'm here but staying offsite at the Rosen Shingle creek,I renewed my APs online but they expire Jan 3rd,magic bands have probably shipped for my January 10th stay at Pop Century.I'm with people who are only buying day tickets and will obviously be able to get legacy FPs,somebody better tell me I can as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter