FP+ and stay onsite for portion of the trip.

yp65

Earning My Ears
A few questions, please help.

- Do all Disney resort guests have access to FP+? Or just selected guests at the resort?
- If we stay in Disney hotel for part of our trip, and offsite the other half, do we have access to FP+ for the whole time wee are there.
- If we book the hotel at a 3rd party vendor like expedia, how do we get a magicband ahead of time?

Thanks.

Can only answer your first question. By next week all onsite resorts (and all guests at the resorts) will have access to MBs and all with tickets linked have access to FP+.

I can answer the second two questions. :)

Unless they change something, you can book FP+ starting the day you check into the Disney resort. Then you can continue to book FP+ for as many days as you have valid park tickets, even after you check out of the Disney resort. We stayed one night onsite in September, but were able to use FP+ for the entire 7 days that we had tickets for.

For booking through a third party, you can go to mydisneyreservation.com and do online check-in. On the first page, where it asks how you booked your stay, choose "Through a group or convention". Then you'll have to put in your confirmation number, which should be in your confirmation email from the third party. I don't know about Expedia, but with Travelocity, they give you a "Trip ID" and a "Confirmation number". You need the confirmation number, which is probably an 11 digit number. Make sure you change the address and phone number to your own when you get to that step. Once you finish the online check-in there, go into MDE and link the reservation using the confirmation number you used on the mydisneyreservation.com site.

Thank you. A few more questions:

Looks like we can check into the hotel days before we actually arrive online? (is this correct?) Once we complete online check in, we get the MB in mail from Disney? Or we do not get the MB until we physically arrive at the resort? Can I book my disney resort in the later half of my trip and use MB in the days that I haven't arrived at the resort?

We are planning to rent a car. What do we need to show to parking attendant at park that we are hotel guest to get free parking now we have the MB?

Unless they change something, you can book FP+ starting the day you check into the Disney resort. Then you can continue to book FP+ for as many days as you have valid park tickets, even after you check out of the Disney resort. We stayed one night onsite in September, but were able to use FP+ for the entire 7 days that we had tickets for.

For booking through a third party, you can go to mydisneyreservation.com and do online check-in. On the first page, where it asks how you booked your stay, choose "Through a group or convention". Then you'll have to put in your confirmation number, which should be in your confirmation email from the third party. I don't know about Expedia, but with Travelocity, they give you a "Trip ID" and a "Confirmation number". You need the confirmation number, which is probably an 11 digit number. Make sure you change the address and phone number to your own when you get to that step. Once you finish the online check-in there, go into MDE and link the reservation using the confirmation number you used on the mydisneyreservation.com site.

Looks like we can check into the hotel days before we actually arrive online? (is this correct?) Once we complete online check in, we get the MB in mail from Disney? Or we do not get the MB until we physically arrive at the resort? Can I book my disney resort in the later half of my trip and use MB in the days that I haven't arrived at the resort?

We are planning to rent a car. What do we need to show to parking attendant at park that we are hotel guest to get free parking now we have the MB?

You can check in up to 60 days in advance of your Disney resort stay through My Disney Experience (MDE). After you check in, you should see "Personalize Magicbands". Follow the prompts to customize your band. You should also be able to setup fastpass+ times as well.

They ship to you (if you are in the States).

So far, it appears people haven't been able to make FP+ selections until their scheduled check-in date, so if your on-site stay wasn't until later in your trip, you probably wouldn't be able to use FP+ for the first part of your trip.

In terms of parking, it depends. At Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom, they just waved us through when they saw our Magic Band. At Epcot, they wanted our room key to scan. They said that eventually, they'd be scanning Magic Bands for parking, but that they didn't have the scanners yet. That was in late September, so I don't know if they have the Magic Band scanners yet.

Thanks.

So far, it appears people haven't been able to make FP+ selections until their scheduled check-in date, so if your on-site stay wasn't until later in your trip, you probably wouldn't be able to use FP+ for the first part of your trip.

In terms of parking, it depends. At Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom, they just waved us through when they saw our Magic Band. At Epcot, they wanted our room key to scan. They said that eventually, they'd be scanning Magic Bands for parking, but that they didn't have the scanners yet. That was in late September, so I don't know if they have the Magic Band scanners yet.

Thank you.

You can check in up to 60 days in advance of your Disney resort stay through My Disney Experience (MDE). After you check in, you should see "Personalize Magicbands". Follow the prompts to customize your band. You should also be able to setup fastpass+ times as well.

They ship to you (if you are in the States).

Actually checking in online doesn't have anything to do with being able to customize your MBs. I was able to customize at least a week before I was able to check in online (at 60 days).

The first day FP+ was available to me was the day we check in. The only days I was able to make FP+ reservations for were the days that were on my reservation. Maybe it's because that's how many days I have tickets for ??

What do we need to show to parking attendant at park that we are hotel guest to get free parking now we have the MB?

The hotel will give you a paper pass to put in your car window. As far as parking attendants letting in people with MBs without checking for room keys or the pass - I would have to think Disney is smarter than that (or they will get smart). Just because you have a MB doesn't mean that you are a current onsite guest. Maybe the people they waved through also had the paper pass? I have never been asked for my room key when the pass was in the window.

You will get a paper pass after you physically check into the hotel. That is what gives you free parking at parks. You cannot get this until your actual check in day.

Autumnslight, what kind of passes did you have? Are they AP's or did you have days remaining on a regular MYW or Hopper pass? Or was your pass out of days remaining and you still saw the opportunity to add additional days for FP+?

Thank you! I am trying to figure out our Dec trip. My family has AP's, but the family traveling with us does not. We are staying off property in a house, but were going to stay on property prior to going to the house. We wondered if they would still be able to use the FP+ with us...

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter