• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ and soooo confused

Sam's_Mom

Mouseketeer
When I booked my trip 6 months ago everything seemed so simple--then here comes this FP+ stuff. Some questions--if I book these can I still use regular fastpasses? If I don't book any of these can I get regular fastpasses? How does this work with park hoppers can I get regular fastpasses at the other park?

Any hints are appreciated

When I booked my trip 6 months ago everything seemed so simple--then here comes this FP+ stuff. Some questions--if I book these can I still use regular fastpasses? If I don't book any of these can I get regular fastpasses? How does this work with park hoppers can I get regular fastpasses at the other park?

Any hints are appreciated

FP+ is not in operation yet.

It is only being tested by selected guests.

I anticipate that regular fastpasses (possibly renamed Same Day Fastpass Plus) will continue to be available and ultimately, if no advance Fastpasses were booked that day, be available in each park you hop to.

An easy to understand rule could be added to coordinate advance and same day fastpasses and be electronically enforced. It's the same idea as "you must use your Fastpass or wait 2 hours before you can get another one." In the case of someone who booked all 3 FP+s he would have to wait 6 hours from park entry or until the last FP+ matured, whichever came first, and then he could use same day FP.

It depends on when you're going. I've seen several rumors to expect a full roll out in October. If you're going before then, you'd have to be staying a resort that is participating in the testing. Regular fast pass is still in effect for ALL guests while testing is going on. When it goes "live", it's speculated that regular FP will be taken out but I don't know if that's confirmed yet.

During testing and when FP+ goes "live", you can only choose FP+ attractions at one park per day. If you're park hopping, it would behoove you to select your FP+ attractions at the park you will be hopping to later in the day.

If you are going after its "live", you should be able to book attractions 60 days in advance. If you're going during testing, people have reported they are able to book 21 days in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter