FP and Magic band runner

4boysandme

Earning My Ears
When we send a "runner" to go get fast passes for our group, will he have to take everyone's Magic Band with him? How does that work? We have our preloaded FP+ rides but for the extra ones we get inside the park. How will he get 8 FP's?

Currently, there are no "extra FP+s available inside the park". Magicband users are limited to 3 (or 4 with the bonus).

Nobody knows when same day FP+s will be available to get with the magicbands inside the park.

Currently, there are no "extra FP+s available inside the park". Magicband users are limited to 3 (or 4 with the bonus). Nobody knows when same day FP+s will be available to get with the magicbands inside the park.

What is the bonus fastpass? Is it something that sometimes comes up once you're in the parks, kind of like when you would get a regular fastpass and it would give you an extra one too?

Just to be clear, if you are still allowed to get regular FP- passes during your trip, you will not use the MB but a KTTW card with a magnetic strip on it.

The old legacy FP machines do not and will not use the MBs. The whole point of FP+ is that you reserve your FP+s ahead of time. If you want to modify your selection or select more if you didn't pick all you could before hand (or maybe get this bonus FP :confused3), you either use your smart phone with the My Disney Experience app or kiosks that are throughout the parks.

Beware, people getting MB's at POP right now can no longer get old FPs only FP+.

Would you need a runner? If it does work that way that you may be able to get extra ones, just go to a kiosk in the park, they've got them scattered around. You won't be going to the ride itself anymore. At the kiosk I'd guess you can make them for the entire party as long as they are linked to your MDX account, no need to carry everybody's bands around.

The "legacy" machines (the ones dispensing paper fastpasses) won't work with magic bands.

Or if you have a smartphone with MDX, or a tablet or whatever, you can sign up for them yourself without ever leaving where you are at the moment.

Would you need a runner? If it does work that way that you may be able to get extra ones, just go to a kiosk in the park, they've got them scattered around. You won't be going to the ride itself anymore.

The "legacy" machines (the ones dispensing paper fastpasses) won't work with magic bands.

Or if you have a smartphone with MDX, or a tablet or whatever, you can sign up for them yourself without ever leaving where you are at the moment.

Also I'm assuming that if you do have someone run to this kiosk as long as all the bands are linked together you only need one band for the group.

OP MBs are a complete game changer when it comes to how you have used FP before. When fully operational there may be no more morning running of the bulls at DHS trying to get to the FP machines at TSM.

When fully operational there may be no more morning running of the bulls at DHS trying to get to the FP machines at TSM.

When it's fully operational there won't even be any FP machines at TSM.

Ok I think I was unclear about pretty much every detail of my original post! SORRY!! So I did touring plans and it says, "send one person to go get fast pass for the group." So you are saying since we did FP+, we are not able to get regular FP's in the park?
And if we are, that person would take our key card to get them for everyone.
Sorry - haven't ever been to Disney and was trying to use all the lingo and things I have picked up through the Disboards...still have a ways to go on that front, I see! :)

Ok I think I was unclear about pretty much every detail of my original post! SORRY!! So I did touring plans and it says, "send one person to go get fast pass for the group."

1. So you are saying since we did FP+, we are not able to get regular FP's in the park?

2. And if we are, that person would take our key card to get them for everyone.

Sorry - haven't ever been to Disney and was trying to use all the lingo and things I have picked up through the Disboards...still have a ways to go on that front, I see! :)

1. Depends on when you go and at what point they are in the roll out for full FP+ at the resort you are staying at. Just this week it was posted that those arriving, I think starting today, at POP Century and that signed up for FP+ will not get a KTTW card that can get them legacy FP- passes.

2. Yes, if you can get them, one person would take all the cards to the old FP machines and get old FP- passes for everyone.

Here is a long thread about the situation at POP. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3198278 (I stopped reading at the 3rd or 4th page)

PS everything is subject to change at a moments notice.

When it's fully operational there won't even be any FP machines at TSM.

Yes the old FP machines and needing a FP runner will be going the way of Waking up Tinkerbell and buying an extra bun to split a double cheese burger. :)

Yes the old FP machines and needing a FP runner will be going the way of Waking up Tinkerbell and buying an extra bun to split a double cheese burger. :)

Do they no longer allow you to wake up Tink? My duaghter did that last time we went and loved it. One of the little touches that made the trip extra special.

Do they no longer allow you to wake up Tink? My duaghter did that last time we went and loved it. One of the little touches that made the trip extra special.

Yea for a few a years, they first modified it when Tink started to do M&G at Pixie Hollow and then they closed Tink's Treasures so that store is now gone.

No extra bun these days either?! How about free water? Do you still get that if you ask??

Yes, the store is gone, but they quit doing that before the store closed.

Because too many people got upset when their child wasn't chosen, apparently.

1. No extra bun these days either?!

2. How about free water? Do you still get that if you ask??

1. I thought they took care of the extra bun debate (I'm anti "why don't you just cut it in half", screws up the bun to meat to condiment ratios) when they stopped serving double burgers and switched to single 1/3 pounders.

2. And yes you can get free water. :thumbsup2

What happens if half your party doesn't have magic bands and the other half do? Half will be staying on site and the others are off site. Can the ones with the magic bands get a regular fast pass with the tyvek ticket? The tyvek ticket is linked on MDE. We didn't sign up for any fast pass + on the days the other group will be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter