• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+already gone for BTMR on November 20...?

waltdisneymama

Mouseketeer
Trying to figure this out...I set my alarm for 5 a.m. just now (7 a.m. Florida time) and was able to access November 20 to choose fp+ for that day, and BTMR was already gone...? I couldn't have tried any earlier...although I only checked morning and afternoon times, since we leave that day at 2 p.m. Am I missing something...? Yesterday my November 19 day opened up and I didn't try until 8 a.m. Florida time, with no success, so I thought I'd be successful this morning! Frustrating. I guess I'm venting, lol. We'll be apparently waiting in the standby line...

Trying to figure this out...I set my alarm for 5 a.m. just now (7 a.m. Florida time) and was able to access November 20 to choose fp+ for that day, and BTMR was already gone...? I couldn't have tried any earlier...although I only checked morning and afternoon times, since we leave that day at 2 p.m. Am I missing something...? Yesterday my November 19 day opened up and I didn't try until 8 a.m. Florida time, with no success, so I thought I'd be successful this morning! Frustrating. I guess I'm venting, lol. We'll be apparently waiting in the standby line...

BTMRR is closed for refurb; estimated reopen date is Nov 19, they are probably holding back on FP+ until closer to the reopen date in case there are delays.
we depart on the 19th and are hoping to ride b4 we leave for the airport.

BTMRR is closed for refurb; estimated reopen date is Nov 19, they are probably holding back on FP+ until closer to the reopen date in case there are delays.
we depart on the 19th and are hoping to ride b4 we leave for the airport.
Oh! So sounds like if I keep checking, it may become available later? Thanks for explaining this to me!!

we will be at MK on the 17th and will be checking to see if it might open a few days early; probably wishful thinking....

wondering how you were able to select fp+ already, we arrive nov 8 and still have to wait 2 more days for our 60 day window? hoping i didn't miss something.

This is my question as well.

BTW OP as others have said BTMRR is under refurb until November 19th so its very likely that they will not open FP+ for it until the know the exact date they will definitely be reopening it.

wondering how you were able to select fp+ already, we arrive nov 8 and still have to wait 2 more days for our 60 day window? hoping i didn't miss something.
We arrive on November 3 and leave on the 20th. Our fp+ window opened on September 4, I think it was, for 14 days after November 3, and each day after that has opened up by the day, so that it's all open as of yesterday.

Same boat.......last day is 19th....which is our Epcot 2nd day.......

BUT MK is open until midnight that day.....we are really hoping BTMRR will open on time as it is the one ride at MK the entire family love equally......

We plan on leaving EP at about 8-9 and hitting MK for the last night! Last rides before we leave......we plan on arrivimg just before 10pm Wishes and hit the the big rides while everyone is Ooooh ing and Aahhhhing......

I am baffeled at the decicion to do the refurb so close to Thanksgiving week....its gonna put a huge strain on that week if it runs longer than expected....

Persoanlly , I think it will soft open starting 11/14

Same boat.......last day is 19th....which is our Epcot 2nd day.......

BUT MK is open until midnight that day.....we are really hoping BTMRR will open on time as it is the one ride at MK the entire family love equally......

We plan on leaving EP at about 8-9 and hitting MK for the last night! Last rides before we leave......we plan on arrivimg just before 10pm Wishes and hit the the big rides while everyone is Ooooh ing and Aahhhhing......

I am baffeled at the decicion to do the refurb so close to Thanksgiving week....its gonna put a huge strain on that week if it runs longer than expected....

Persoanlly , I think it will soft open starting 11/14

Its under refurb now bc it will be closed during the most typical times of the year when the park is slow, September and early October. Can't do it in the winter while Splash is closed, can't do it in the summer and can't do it during thanksgiving Christmas time. This is the best and only logical time to close Thunder.

Im hoping to find more info about what is happening to the ride soon.

And last time it went down for a long refurb, 2012, it opened on time and didn't have a soft open that long maybe a day or 2. The attraction has to cycle a certain amount of hours with no one on it before it can open.

I would think Feb or March would be better? Especially now with the mine train open. Although I might be jaded simce its closing durimg my visit...
:)

We are 60 days out as of today. Made our FP selections this morning. Like you said, nothing for BTMR on the 20th, but it did show up for us on the 22nd. So maybe they'll do a soft opening without FP+ the 19th and 20th?!? Crossing fingers that they actually have it open for the MVMCP on the 18th!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter