FP+, 7DMT, and More! - Here Now with Tips, Info, & Encouragement (updated 6/5)

So what did we learn from day 1? ALWAYS check the status of each MB before you leave!

How does one do this?
(Between the glitchy app and website and the glitchy MBs, I'm nervous for our sept trip. As I always say, technology is great when it all works as it should. When it doesn't it can end up being more of a PITA than the "old fashioned" way! ):worried:

Glad to hear you were all able to get on 7DMT same day. Hoping it doesn't break down as often in late Sept? Excited to hear the rest of your trip! Love your positive attitude!

Excited to ride SDMT. We were able to get fast passes this morning to ride tomorrow :cool1::cool1::cool1: Our strategy was to wait till midnight then check MDE ... prior to midnight it was showing no availability!! Just got o hope that the train isn't down tomorrow.

Yesterday was a lot of fun! Everyone ended getting up at about 9:15 or so. After getting dressed and so forth, we headed to GF Cafe for a good breakfast. This restaurant is one of my favorite on property, considering that its price point (for breakfast at least) is very manageable, food is good, and service has always been awesome.

We ended up getting into Epcot just before 11:20, so we took a picture in front of SE and headed over to use our FP+s for Soarin that started at 11:30. Now, we had set up "dummy FP+s" earlier in the morning, so that after Soarin' we could make more FP+s. This worked! We got some of the last TT FP+s just after 12pm. The time was 7:50 to 8:50, but I'll warn you that there are still lines for the kiosks, and while not as long as before, the one we waited in took about 15 minutes. As a reminder, 4th FP+s can only be booked at kiosks. I tried to make a modification on my app and it did not work either.

Then, it was off to Sum of All Thrills. Posted wait was 40, but actual was just over 25 I think if I had to estimate. That's one of our favorites and a must-see for any group with teens! After exploring Innovnetions for a bit and watching the Jamitors, we walked right on Mission: SPACE Green. I kid you not. In the pre-show room, there were only eight people including us! Orange had about a 20 minute wait, but we chose not to ride it. Rode Spaceship Earth then grabbed a meal at Electric Umbrella. By the way, although I'll admit it's certainly not the highest quality of food and does not stray from your typical theme park fare, I think it isn't as bad as most people make it out to be.

After lunch, we went into MouseGear for a bit and did Ellen's Energy Adventure. At that point, it was about 4pm, so we headed into WS. Did Maelstrom and explored each of the pavilions a bit. Saw O Canada! for the first time and actually really enjoyed it. Had dinner at Tutto Gusto. Horrible experience. I'm a huge fan of Italian food, but it was overpriced and food was subpar. Mind you, they were also extremely unaccommodating to my dairy allergy, especially for Disney. Then, we used our TT FP+s, but it was really backed up, so we ended up getting out at 8:30. Dashed over to the dessert party, shoveled down as much dessert and wine as we could and at 8:50 they led us to the viewing spot. Not sure if it was just that there were some storms in the vicinity or if it's just new how they do it, but they did it inside the Odyssey building. Had two extensive dessert tables set up with sparkling wine and of course tables for us all to sit at. At 8:50, they guided everyone to the viewing spot for IllumiNations (same one as when it started in March). Up to this point, I think it's fair to say I was pretty peeved. I paid $50 a person to just shovel down some dessert and leave, but after witnessing IllumiNations from the VIP area, we knew it was worth it (or maybe at least worth $40). If you love that show, this is something you must do. It's the only way to get such an up-close view without showing up at 7pm. Everyone had a decent view, but if you want the best view, I'd get up and start lingering in the front at 8:45 and wait for the CM to begin leading people that way you can be first. Overall a fun day. Tutto Italia was a major bummer though.

What did we learn? TT FP+s will be gone by 12:30, so if you don't plan to rope drop it, get two dummy FP+s and a Soarin' one for the time you expect to arrive, and pray that you can just make it and get a TT gone. Don't try to mess with the 4th FP+ on your MDE app, you will probably just mess things up, MouseGear does smell, don't eat at Tutto Italia, and the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party (while not worth $50) is certainly a unique opportunity that would serve as a good splurge, particularly for an IllumiNations fan.

By the way, we're not rich folks. We did not expect to spend $190 on dinner four 5 people! I'm sorry that's ridiculous for Tutto Italia. Yes, we like to splurge on vacations, but we're pretty average. We've been paying off aspects of the vacation (i.e. hotel, tickets) at different times to balance it out, but that TI price was kind of a shock as the menu doesn't imply it to be that expensive.

Anyways, today we're off to MK!

Yay! An update :)

Thanks for all the FP info! I'm really deciding not to count on or plan for additional FPs. If things aren't available anymore by noon on a day in May, I'm pretty sure we'll be out of luck when we got during the height of summer!

Sorry about your Italian disaster! What a shame to think you spent that much and didn't even get to enjoy it :(

Thanks for the daily reports -- love this idea and following along!

What did we learn? TT FP+s will be gone by 12:30, so if you don't plan to rope drop it, get two dummy FP+s and a Soarin' one for the time you expect to arrive, and pray that you can just make it and get a TT gone. Don't try to mess with the 4th FP+ on your MDE app, you will probably just mess things up, MouseGear does smell, don't eat at Tutto Italia, and the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party (while not worth $50) is certainly a unique opportunity that would serve as a good splurge, particularly for an IllumiNations fan.

Thanks for the tips and tidbits! December will be our first experience with MB and FP+, so all the ins and outs are most welcome!

What did you mean by MouseGear does smell? :)

Great report and tips. Sorry your dinner was a bust. My husband is wheat free and we are eating at Via Napoli so I'm a little worried about that. Good thing we didn't plan on Tutto!

Have a great day!

Yesterday was a lot of fun! Everyone ended getting up at about 9:15 or so. After getting dressed and so forth, we headed to GF Cafe for a good breakfast. This restaurant is one of my favorite on property, considering that its price point (for breakfast at least) is very manageable, food is good, and service has always been awesome.

We ended up getting into Epcot just before 11:20, so we took a picture in front of SE and headed over to use our FP+s for Soarin that started at 11:30. Now, we had set up "dummy FP+s" earlier in the morning, so that after Soarin' we could make more FP+s. This worked! We got some of the last TT FP+s just after 12pm. The time was 7:50 to 8:50, but I'll warn you that there are still lines for the kiosks, and while not as long as before, the one we waited in took about 15 minutes. As a reminder, 4th FP+s can only be booked at kiosks. I tried to make a modification on my app and it did not work either.

Then, it was off to Sum of All Thrills. Posted wait was 40, but actual was just over 25 I think if I had to estimate. That's one of our favorites and a must-see for any group with teens! After exploring Innovnetions for a bit and watching the Jamitors, we walked right on Mission: SPACE Green. I kid you not. In the pre-show room, there were only eight people including us! Orange had about a 20 minute wait, but we chose not to ride it. Rode Spaceship Earth then grabbed a meal at Electric Umbrella. By the way, although I'll admit it's certainly not the highest quality of food and does not stray from your typical theme park fare, I think it isn't as bad as most people make it out to be.

After lunch, we went into MouseGear for a bit and did Ellen's Energy Adventure. At that point, it was about 4pm, so we headed into WS. Did Maelstrom and explored each of the pavilions a bit. Saw O Canada! for the first time and actually really enjoyed it. Had dinner at Tutto Gusto. Horrible experience. I'm a huge fan of Italian food, but it was overpriced and food was subpar. Mind you, they were also extremely unaccommodating to my dairy allergy, especially for Disney. Then, we used our TT FP+s, but it was really backed up, so we ended up getting out at 8:30. Dashed over to the dessert party, shoveled down as much dessert and wine as we could and at 8:50 they led us to the viewing spot. Not sure if it was just that there were some storms in the vicinity or if it's just new how they do it, but they did it inside the Odyssey building. Had two extensive dessert tables set up with sparkling wine and of course tables for us all to sit at. At 8:50, they guided everyone to the viewing spot for IllumiNations (same one as when it started in March). Up to this point, I think it's fair to say I was pretty peeved. I paid $50 a person to just shovel down some dessert and leave, but after witnessing IllumiNations from the VIP area, we knew it was worth it (or maybe at least worth $40). If you love that show, this is something you must do. It's the only way to get such an up-close view without showing up at 7pm. Everyone had a decent view, but if you want the best view, I'd get up and start lingering in the front at 8:45 and wait for the CM to begin leading people that way you can be first. Overall a fun day. Tutto Italia was a major bummer though.

By the way, we're not rich folks. We did not expect to spend $190 on dinner four 5 people! I'm sorry that's ridiculous for Tutto Italia. Yes, we like to splurge on vacations, but we're pretty average. We've been paying off aspects of the vacation (i.e. hotel, tickets) at different times to balance it out, but that TI price was kind of a shock as the menu doesn't imply it to be that expensive.

Anyways, today we're off to MK!

Thanks for the report. Good info. I'm enjoying your reports. :thumbsup2

I've had friends come back with the same report from Tutto Italia.

Now, you did write that you had to "dash" over to the Dessert Party due to having had a TT FP+. And you "shoveled down" the desserts and wine. So, to clarify, if someone arrived earlier, would have more time to enjoy it? Or was the time wdw scheduled for this event so short that everyone has to rush the wine/desserts before being taken to the viewing area?

Just gotta say...... with all the wdw visits in your signature...... how did you remain an "O Canada virgin" for so long? :upsidedow

Thanks for the tips and tidbits! December will be our first experience with MB and FP+, so all the ins and outs are most welcome!

What did you mean by MouseGear does smell? :)

Mousegear has a smell to it. ::yes:: Most of the time, it isn't enough to drive me out of there but sometimes, it's pretty strong.

OP, I'm not a big dessert eater but have considered the Illuminations party because I love Illuminations. How did you feel about the dessert offerings in general? Was it too much food after a TS meal? I heard the champagne is really cheap, can you tell? Sorry for all the questions but you piqued my interest in this event.

With all of the "discussion" on the Boards lately, I just wanted to assure everyone that there is plenty of "magic" left at WDW. We've been here since just 8pm at the GF last night and we've experienced quite a bit of extra pixie dust. Beyond telling you about that, I also have some strategies, tips, etc... that I'll be gathering and including in these live updates. We'll be here through Wednesday and I'm hoping to update this thread every morning.

Yesterday, we hit some unexpected traffic on the Turnpike and had some problems with one MagicBand at check-in. I cannot emphasize enough that if you make a change to your reservation, check to make sure all your MBs are still active, as the CM who changed it seemed to deactivate one for some odd reason or another. Because the concierge is the one who has the technical capability to really re-activate a band, we had to go there.

In the midst of all this, I inquired if there were any rooms with a view of the castle available. Well, (I think partially because we soon discovered that my kids' math teacher was his and we had an extensive discussion about that), he upgraded us from a Garden View to what I guess is an extremely nice Lagoon View that looks right out at the Castle. For those who know the resort, we're on the east side on Boca Chica on the first floor. As I'm typing this on the balcony, I can hear the MK welcome show, the train whistle, and see the monorail passing by. Awesome! As I always recommend, it never hurts to ask!

So anyways we were really behind for our 7:45pm Narcoossee's reservation. It was like 9:30, but we figured we'd give it a try, and they let us in with no attitude or worries at all. They were so accommodating for us, it was incredible. Had a chance to watch Wishes and have an awesome meal!

Everyone headed back to the room except me, as I wanted to take care of claiming the AP renewals and tickets, so I thought that since MK closes in under an hour, there probably wouldn't be much of a line; I was wrong. Waited half an hour, but ended up taking care of everything and even had enough time to pop into park and use my 7DMT FP+.

That ride, while it's hard to say if it's an E-ticket or not so early on, is certainly unique. Although I don't think it's the roller coaster certain Disney "bloggers" are leading people to believe, it's quant and fun but is extremely popular. At this point last night, most if not all rides were walk-on (it was almost 12am), yet this had a 60 minute posted wait and I'd venture to say in reality it was longer! None the less, great new addition and very fun to ride at night. Looking forward to riding it during the day on Sunday!

So what did we learn from day 1? ALWAYS check the status of each MB before you leave, only see the concierge for MB-related problems, never give up on a late ADR (particularly at such an expensive restaurant!), the line at the MK ticket desk is always long no matter what time of day/night, and give 7DMT a try!

We're off to Epcot today, but everyone else is sleeping in for another couple minutes or so! If you're here now as well or have any tips or problems with what I said, feel free to discuss and share opinions. I don't want this to necessarily all be about my trip, but using my experience to better others. Thanks!

awesome review and glad your trip is going so well ! this may be a stupid question, but how do you check the status of the Mb's each day? do you have to go to the front desk ? I only ask this because we haven't been back since they've started the magic bands, so I really don't know a lot about them.

EEEK on the MDE app FP time adjustment. We aren't going to be super big on it, but I might try it a time or two. Hopefully it works better. Epcot might only be a three or four FP+ day for us, and that's from ropedrop.

I'm still longing just for an opportunity to sniff Mouse Gear. That'll mean I'm there, lol! Your trip report is getting me ready to go in five more sleeps. :thumbsup2

I think the only films we haven't seen yet in WS are the Norway film and the one in France.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter