FP+ 2 of the same ride?

At this point no. There are rumors and surveys by Disney going around that suggest that in the future you might be able to make additional FP+ reservations for the same ride. Most indication also seem to suggest that they would be booked same day and not in advance.

Ok, thanks. We are Soarin' fanatics. I guess we would hustle to ride Soarin' first thing and have a FP for it for later?

I was told by a Disney agent yes. However we found a website touring plans.com that describes a two tiered system. Group A attractions you can only get 1, for instance test track, vs. group B you can get 2 such as Nemo.

I was told by a Disney agent yes. However we found a website touring plans.com that describes a two tiered system. Group A attractions you can only get 1, for instance test track, vs. group B you can get 2 such as Nemo.

Nope, the two-tiered system doesn't allow for multiple FP+ reservations for the same ride. Even though you can pick two from the second tier, at this time that means two different attractions, not two spins on Spaceship Earth or Nemo.

Sorry, but your information is incorrect.

For a comprehensive rundown of how FP works, including what choices you can make and tiering, see the green link in my signature.

More reason to not trust the phone CM's. So many of them have no idea what they are talking about.

The Disney agent is wrong (not surprising). :headache: All 3 FP+ reservations have to be 3 different attractions.

At Epcot and DHS, the rides are tiered. You pick one main attraction and 2 lesser attractions.

More reason to not trust the phone CM's. So many of them have no idea what they are talking about.

I know that we often joke about the misinformation doled out by phone CMs. But this level of "wrongness" on a critical point of Disney's new Billion Dollar Baby is really shocking. In most companies, critical errors concerning major new initiatives would simply not be tolerated. It's one thing to say: "I don't know. Let me ask my stupor-visor." But disseminating blatantly false information would not be acceptable on any level.

I know that we often joke about the misinformation doled out by phone CMs. But this level of "wrongness" on a critical point of Disney's new Billion Dollar Baby is really shocking. In most companies, critical errors concerning major new initiatives would simply not be tolerated. It's one thing to say: "I don't know. Let me ask my stupor-visor." But disseminating blatantly false information would not be acceptable on any level.

It is completely ridiculous that Disney has seemingly never cared that their call center CMs dole out blatantly incorrect info on a daily basis. But everyone should remember that those phone CMs may have never been to a Disney resort, a Disney park and they're most likely located somewhere outside the state of Florida. So it's Disney's fault the CMs don't know of which they speak, but it's not the CMs' fault.

So it's Disney's fault the CMs don't know of which they speak, but it's not the CMs' fault.

I think this assumes too much. You don't think that the phone CMs were, at a minimum, handed out a corporate-prepared sheet of bullet points and talking points about FP+? Given that Disney has to expect that FP+ will be the topic of the majority of calls fielded by CMs near term, they had to have had some level of training and been provided some scripted sheet from which to operate. Now, I'll admit that I may be assuming too much here. But while Disney does some odd things sometimes, providing no training to CMs about their latest initiative is hard to fathom. So blame does lie with the CM for not absorbing that training and with Disney for not recognizing it. The other thing that you miss is that the CM didn't say "I don't know". Were that the case, then Disney could shoulder more of the blame. But the CM actually answered the question. Wrongly. Who answers a question unless they are sure that the information they are disseminating is accurate? If you ask a CM: "Does this bus go to the Magic Kingdom?", the answer should either be the right one, or "I'm not sure. Let me find out." If the answer is the wrong one, then the CM is to blame. This isn't the SAT where there is no penalty for guessing or for wrong answers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter