• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Four Seasons or Waldorf Orlando?

yolie912

DIS Veteran
Hello
I am wondering which one to pick.
I dislike that the Four Seasons has double beds. What were they thinking? Has anyone stayed at both
that can chime in?

Thanks!

I haven't stayed at either, but I have opinions on them lol!

I agree about the Four Seasons with the double beds. I think they made a blunder there. The rooms are big, 500 sf. They should have been able to fit two queens in there. Their other resort properties (Maui, etc) have queen beds, so it's not a Four Seasons thing. Some of their properties in the U.S. cities (which I have stayed in) have had double beds, but that was because the rooms were small. I have also read a rumor that part of the deal with Disney was that they would not have two-queen rooms. I guess to take some of the direct competition out? Not sure if that is true, but it seems logical. I also think that they are encouraging families to rent two connecting rooms due to the doubles (let's say a two-double connected to a king). The rooms all connect outside the main room doors, which I'm sure is nice.

Anyway, there have been reports that the queen pullout that in the king room is comfortable. Not sure how many people you are trying to fit. The king room seems like something that may be a good option for a couple with one child or other party of three. Not sure how that would work for a party of 4.

I think if you need two queens, then go with the Waldorf. Although it seems the Four Seasons is the top hotel now in Orlando. Tough call!

Good luck deciding!

Thank you! If I were going to FS I would get the king. At the waldorf I am getting the Disney view suite. Which is 940sq. What a tough call.

I stayed at both hotels. ..and love them both : )
Are you traveling with kids? If so...pick Four Seasons. They offer breakfast buffet with Disney characters. My girl was so excited. We took hundreds of pictures.

I also think that they are encouraging families to rent two connecting rooms due to the doubles (let's say a two-double connected to a king). The rooms all connect outside the main room doors, which I'm sure is nice.
I don't think they are encouraging it so much as assuming it. Most families who are in that price range are probably not keen on sharing a single hotel room with their children. I know I'm not. We normally stay in timeshares or private rentals no matter where we travel. But if our only option is a hotel room, we get two rooms every time.

I don't think they are encouraging it so much as assuming it. Most families who are in that price range are probably not keen on sharing a single hotel room with their children. I know I'm not. We normally stay in timeshares or private rentals no matter where we travel. But if our only option is a hotel room, we get two rooms every time.

Possibly but their other resort properties have two-queen rooms and they aren't any bigger.

hey two rooms at other resorts would be cheaper than one room at Four seasons -

would go with 4 seasons - just because I have not figured out how to even see the resort - they have security at the main gate

it is across bay lake from CR/blt - so don't know if you get a boat to the MK or not - I don;t think so because it is not a WDW resort

Nice! What perks did you get?

Here are some of the current perks, they can vary.

http://www.whatahotel.com/hotels/2878/Four_Seasons_Orlando_at_Walt_DisneyWorld®_.html

The usual perks at any Four Seasons (we use Whatahotel for Maui & Lanai all the time) are an included breakfast, room upgrade when available, a resort credit (can be used for food or spa) and a waiving of some fees (either resort fee or parking fee).

In the Orlando perks, one of the current offers waives fees on the Kids Camp and the super duper pool adventure thing.

There are no kids' club fees for any guests of the Four Seasons in Orlando. It's free, as many hours as you like. (And no fees for the pool complex, either.) I factored that in when making a comparison between Four Seasons and Ritz-Carlton (which is a much cheaper room than the Four Seasons but adds a resort fee and offers only two hours' of free time in the kids club).

Another vote for whatahotel - we have used them several times for Four Seasons stays - they are a Four Seasons Preferred Partner so you get the preferred partner perks (upgrade if available, free breakfast, a welcome amenity and usually something for the kids if you are travelling with children. Also often a dining credit or spa credit depending on the property). We have also used them for booking the Ritz Carlton for similar amenities. Happy Travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter