Four Seasons and the GF?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jecon, Jan 31, 2013.

1. jecon

jecon Mouseketeer

Been thinking about what impact the Four Seasons will have, if any, on the Grand Floridian rates and occupancy. I can't imagine they could possibly charge more than what is charged to stay at the GF or for any of the monorail resorts, but in some ways aren't they going to be competing for the same group of people? I supposed that's the way it is now with the Waldorf and Ritz but the Four Seasons seems more connected to Disney, imho. Thoughts?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I'm pretty sure that if the bean counters at Disney were at all concerned about the Four Seasons eating into their profits from the resort sector, they never would have given the project the green light.

4. jecon

jecon Mouseketeer

Yeah - you are right. It's probably to get those vacationers that are opting for the Ritz and Waldorf more likely.

5. bltman

bltman Mouseketeer

Four Seasons is in a class by itself and prices will probably start at $800+ a night. With under 500 rooms I can’t see it significantly siphoning people away from GF, Poly or CR.

6. baler31

baler31 DIS Veteran

I think it will hurt the main building business. We typically stay there for one or two trips per year and also do some trips offsite (Waldorf etc.) Four Season is something we are looking forward to.