Four Points by Sheraton International Drive

Purseval

DIS Veteran
2z4xtog.jpg

We just returned from a weekend at the Sheraton Four Points on International Drive near Universal Studios. It's conveniently located to the parks, the Interstate and shopping. If you leave the front entrance, go left to the first street (Kirkman Road) you will find restaurants, a Publix and a Walmart within a 5 minute drive. Leave the entrance and go right (Universal Drive) and you run right into the parking lot for Universal/IOA (this would also be the way to go if you wanted to walk, it's about a mile to the parks). You are on International Drive and close to the outlet malls (left) and Wet and Wild (right). Seaworld is 5 minutes away and WDW is 10.

The hotel has 21 floors, we stayed on the 11th floor. The room had 2 queen-sized beds:

dqln5i.jpg

A TV and a writing desk, plus a lounge chair. Bottled water was on the house and there was free Internet, both wired and WiFi:

sdoh2x.jpg

The bathroom was a good size, with plenty of room to spread your toiletries around the sink area. The had complimentary shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, plus a hair dryer, an in-room safe and an ironing board:

2qbyc6p.jpg

A bathtub with shower head that had 6 or 7 different settings. We never ran out of hot water:

2s8s1te.jpg

Here is the view from our room. You can see Islands of Adventure on the left (those 2 parallel towers sticking up is Dr. Doom's Freefall, just to the right of that is The Incredible Hulk). The coaster on the right (the circle to the right center of the picture) is the new Rip Ride Rockit which will open late 2009/early 2010 (they were doing test runs, it shouldn't be much longer.)

2hf5dm9.jpg

The pool wasn't any good for swimming laps but it does have a deep end, 7 feet, which is something you don't see too much of any more thanks to lawsuits. They also have a separate kiddie pool and a bar so you don't get thirsty:

55097c.jpg

There is another bar down near the lobby plus a concierge who will also try to get you to tour the Sheraton Vistana resort. We did that but i wouldn't recommend it unless you have an extra day because you won't be able to get into the parks by opening time.

Three elevators serve the building. You need to use your passkey to get the elevator to open, good security feature. You also need your passkey to get into the building after midnight. We saw security people many times during our stay, they keep a good watch over the place.

One thing we didn't like was the fact that they don't have ice machines on every floor. We didn't need a fridge ($10 extra if you want one in your room) but we do use a lot of ice and going down 3 floors wasn't very convenient. Not only that, the ice machines are in the hallway so if you happen to have a room opposite you get to hear people filling ice buckets at all hours of the day. I'd ask to be moved if I got one of those rooms. I would also ask for a room on a floor with an ice machine next time.

I believe they have complimentary shuttles to the various parks but since we drive down I don't know much about them or how reliable they are.

All in all we'd recommend it to anyone, especially for the price we paid ($21/night through Priceline). if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

I also recently stayed at the Four Points. I did have a room directly across from an ice machine and never noticed the noise unless I was very close to the door. However, I think the ice machine must have leaked onto the carpet as there was a de-humidifier running next to the machine and a bit of a musty smell in the hallway. Fortunately the smell was not in my room.

Good review and nice pictures. I did walk the one day to Universal. I think it was about a 15 minute walk, and thought it was a fairly safe walk even though Universal Blvd. passes over Interstate 4. There is a very high fence along the walkway on the part that crosses over I-4. I obtained by room through Hotwire for $ 38.00. More than your Priceline bid, but still a very good bargain for this hotel. I did not use the restaurant in the hotel.

This was a nice hotel. Rooms are spacious; hallways are a bit gloomy, but I stayed here before they remodeled and it looks like a definite upgrade lol. The concierge was pretty much useless, we wanted a ride to our Disney hotel but the woman would only give us numbers of cab companies (***?!?!). But all in all it was nice; mini golf and alligators outside, quiet pool, and complementary transportation to various attractions and such. Ask for a high floor so you can see all over and also a great view of the lightning!!!

Yes, there is a Congo River mini-golf next door, you can get a $1 off coupon in the various tourist guides or ask at the front desk. Directly across the street is a Red Lobster. 1 block over to the left there is a Sweet Tomatoes. There is some kind of
steakhouse across from Wet and Wild (Ponderosa?) we didn't eat there this visit but we have in the past. That's just what there is within a 5-minute walk and that's only scratching the surface. You also have a bus stop right in front so you can catch the trolley up and down International Drive. Location, location,location!

Thanks for the update.....I stayed there more thatn 20yrs ago when it was calle HIGH Q....We are planning to stay there next week on a mini-vacation to Orlando. Any places to visit? We are not planning to visit any of the big parks or attractions we just came from 8 days at Disneyland last March...This will be just to visit some friends and family but I would like to take my kids (2,9,16) at least to one of their attractions How about Aquatica? We also spent 2 days at Sea World SD...Any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter