Four Parks in Four Days! Hooray! WDW w/out kids. Lots of pics!

ferfer76

Earning My Ears
Hi! Thanks for visiting my trip report! This is my first ever trip report so take it easy on me :goodvibes

Cast of Characters:
DH (33) Race Car fanatic and thrill seeker extraordinare
-picture pending his approval, :rotfl2: which I doubt he will approve of HA HA

Me (30) Midwestern gal and scaredey cat of any kind of ride that drops, loops, spins, or twirls but I was open to try new things on this trip which I will explain later.

This is me - I might add, on disney transportation after 4 hours at MGM studios :)
HPIM0885.jpg

-edit- holy cow that picture is a close up. I didn't realize. Airbrush please! hahaha...
-edit, edit- okay, resized before too many of you had the opportunity to see my face in gigantic close up :-)

DH and I visited WDW 9/4/07 to 9/8/07 celebrating our 5 year anniversary. :love:

As I write this trip report, I will also try to post *tips* that I think of along the way.

Day 1
We arrived at Orlando International Airport at 1pm. Flying in on Southwest, my favorite airline ever. Even if we did get "C" seating tickets on the way in. I opted for the Southwest Vacation Package which included airfare for 2, room, park tickets, and bonus promo of free dining :cool1:

Went downstairs terminal A (I think it was A) to board the magical express. I have to say, the Magical Express was not as magical as I had expected it to be. We didn't have to stand in line too long but then we got to the bus, I was disappointed because all of the other people ahead were directed to the neat looking magical express buses that you see in photos and we were directed to some type of off brand motor coach. It was just okay.... I guess when you arrive you expect the magic to begin right away. Well, it didn't. We sat on the bus for what seemed like forever. 3 buses that boarded the same time as us left before we did. Here is a pic of the inside. I like the girl's mouse ears.
HPIM0802.jpg

We finally were on our way. The driver put in a movie "A Bugs Life" which we watched almost half of by the time we got to our resort. We were staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort, CBR, (more on that later) so first we stopped at the Yacht Club and then the Beach Club and then the Boardwalk and then finally CBR.

Okay, let me stop right here. Day 1 is going to sound pretty crabby because it was. Days 2-5 were much better... but I have to get the unmagical out of the way first so I can warn my fellow diser's to go with the flow and be prepared for any unprepared setbacks.

Arrived at CBR around 2:30pm. At check in, there weren't many staff working. A lady came out of the back who seemed that she really didn't want to be there. She opened her window for us. Checked in and I asked for a pool or water view. She explained to me that it was extra (I think $16 more a night), I knew this but was hoping just maybe for a free upgrade. No such luck. Actually what we got was a great big view of the parking lot!
HPIM0890.jpg

Building 23 in Martinique. Here is a pic of the room.

HPIM0887.jpg

It was just okay. I expected a bit more out of a moderate resort (wow, I do sound like a crab, seriously it gets better... I just want to be honest). The room was kind of old looking, stucco interior walls, curtain separating the sink and living area, really small bathroom, dim lighting. And two double beds b/c I was too cheap to pay the $16 a night upgrade for a king size bed. :scared1:

Now, here is where it gets better. I was disappointed with the room until we ventured out to the back of the resort (or the middle whatever you call it, where the lake is) and saw this
HPIM0904.jpg

This is just a small portion of the lake that CBR is built around. I think 42 acres. White sand beaches for each building set with lounge chairs and hammocks, no swimming in the lake, although each building has its own "quiet pool" and the main building has a big pool with a waterfall and slide. Lots of ducks and birds... very friendly ducks and birds.....
HPIM0900.jpg

So seeing this beautiful part of the resort made me much happier! I was even happier to realize that our building was right across (the ugly parking lot) from the bus stop and we were usually (usually, but not always) the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off (normally when headed to MK).

More later.......
Find out how things pan out with journeys to the Hollywood Tower Hotel, Expedition Everest and possible travels through Space .... Mountain and Mission that is!

Okay, back now!

I forgot to mention the lizards. Dozens of them. I saw lizards at WDW almost as frequently as seeing prairie dogs here in the Midwest. Just kidding, I've never seen a prairie dog here :lmao: But there really were a lot of lizzards, here is just one of the 100 that I saw
HPIM0902.jpg

Kind of cute really.

Okay, here is the first tip.
*tip* Don't pack your walking shoes in a bag that is left with the magical express. I did. I wore sandals on the plane which were fine but not so fine at Magic Kingdom for 4 hours.

Day 1 Continuted....
Bags were not yet to our room (I didn't expect them to be) so we decided to head straight to MK. Bus service was very quick.

Arrived at MK at exactly 4pm. What happens at 4pm...... A Parade. UGH cool if you want to watch the parade but not cool if you want to enter the park. All entrance completely roped off b/c of parade route. So, we asked a Cast Member and he recommended to take the train to Frontierland. This worked quite well.

Grabbed a fast pass for Splash Mountain and then ate a quick CS lunch at Peco's Bill in MK. It was really good. My dining review here (although peco's bills didn't make it on my dining review)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1577369

By now our fast pass was ready and walked right on to Splash. Love this ride. Although didn't love the teenage boys that stood up in the boat during the ride to switch places and kept scooping up water to throw on each other!

I know, I know... this ride has a drop. For some reason I don't mind a drop if it is on water and surrounded by adorable singing animals. Ask me why, I don't know. But it was so much fun. My favorite part is the showboat with dancing chickens (chickens??). I also didn't realize until later that this is the same showboat that you see as you go through the tunnel on the MK train.

Next we walked right on to BTMRR. A rollercoaster, yes. What was I thinking! It was so jerky. I guess that is why they call it a runaway train! Yeah, it was actually pretty fun :scared1: but frightening.

The only ride we couldn't walk right on to was Peter Pan. We got a fast pass for that and went back later.

After a few hours in the park, we reached tomorrowland. I discovered my new favorite ride, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. It is great! Altough, DH had control of the spinner and thought it would be hilarious to spin the car while going through the rolling barrel scene. Motion sickness here I come! I just closed my eyes and wasn't too bad. I got about 8700 points and DH about 200,000!

DH isn't too familiar with the park setup so I snuck us right past Space Mountain! He didn't even realize it! hehehehe. Hey I did BTMRR, that was enough for one day.

We left MK before closing which was a smart move b/c we weren't so smart later in the week...... I have never seen a traffic jam of strollers before. It is quite a sight. More on that later. :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter