Four Months of Disney Dining! Final Updates 5/18

Yesterday evening I met two of my roommates at Magic Kingdom after work. We were kind of hungry and wanted a TS restaurant, but after finding out that we don't get our discount during dinner, I suggested the Plaza since it's relatively cheap.

We walked over and were able to get a table with a pretty short wait. I ran over to the Emporium to grab a sweatshirt while we waited, and when I returned Casey and Jess were seated at the table literally inside the front door.

Our waitress, Lisa, took a while to come over to us. When she did, I ordered a Sprite and the Angus Cheeseburger, while Casey ordered the Reuben, and Jessica, a plain chicken breast. The food took a bit to come out. When it did, we were happy with it. The fries were delicious.
DSCN1068.JPG

DSCN1069.JPG

DSCN1070.JPG

Lisa never came back to check on us. We declined dessert as we were rather full and asked for separate checks. Lisa said she had to go outside to ask a question because they "messed up" and then took a while to bring the checks. When she did bring them, we found that my drink had been added to Jessica's bill. I didn't have cash, so it would have been a hassle to pay her back for it.

We tried to get Lisa's attention to notify her of the problem, but she was waiting on another table. Finally they finished ordering and she turned around, but told us very rudely that she had to wait on the next table. When she came back, we told her of the problem and she asked me in an extremely snarky tone if I could just give my friend the two dollars. She clearly did not want to deal with the situation. She had someone else bring out the corrected bill.

We left less than an 18% tip and were very disappointed with the service. All three of us are new cast members and expect better. I have a reservation for next month when my mom comes to visit, but I will be canceling. I've only been to two TS restaurants so far this month and had poor experiences at both, which I hope does not indicate a trend for the next few months.

Hi Gretchen,
Sounds like you're off to a great start :thumbsup2

A little while later we headed off the Polynesian to get a Dole Whip before watching Wishes from the beach.

The Dole Whip was just as good as I remembered! And it was my roommate's first time having one and she loved it as well. Cost was $2.89 without tax.
DSCN0724.JPG

Mmmm.. love the Dole Whip. I usually get the float, but next Dec. will be DS's first trip, so the Dole Whip is a must :goodvibes

I decided to try something new and get dessert. I wanted to try a brownie creme sandwich, but didn't see them at first, so I ordered a triple chocolate brownie instead. It was so good; moist and chewy and chocolaty.
DSCN0790.JPG

Make sure you get back to Earl for the brownie cream sandwich, DH & I found it and fell in love :love: With the cream sandwich I mean :lmao: Then I read on-line that there is a peanut butter cream version as well as a chocolate cream version. What's a girl to do :confused3 Try all 3 I tell you :rotfl2:

For dessert, I chose the old favorite of Strawberry Shortcake ($3.99). I also picked up a bottle of water.

DSCN1041.JPG

This stuff is the love of my life. Creamy, fruity goodness. If you are able to eat it, do so. You won't regret it.

Karamell Kuche
Before heading out of Epcot, I stopped into Karamell Kuche. The line was kind of long because there was only one girl working the case and getting items for guests. I decided to get the same thing I got last time, which is the Milk Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cluster ($4.49).
DSCN1050.JPG

I've never been to Sunshine Seasons, but that does look yummy. What is the topping? Is that whipped cream or frosting popcorn::

I cannot wait to try Karamel Kutche :lovestruc

Subbing!! Excited to read all your reviews! Wow what a rude waitress at The Plaza!! I've read another review about poor service there and now am really rethinking going there on our next trip....

Wow, how exciting to be working at WDW! I am going to go check out your blog next!

I do have to say about Olivia's- it is better for breakfast!

Subbing!! Excited to read all your reviews! Wow what a rude waitress at The Plaza!! I've read another review about poor service there and now am really rethinking going there on our next trip....

Thanks for reading! The waitress was very rude which was very disappointing. We probably should have spoken to a manager or guest relations. The food was just okay and I wouldn't recommend it overall-I much prefer Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree (for lunch, haven't been there for dinner).

Wow, how exciting to be working at WDW! I am going to go check out your blog next!

I do have to say about Olivia's- it is better for breakfast!

It is really exciting! It's been a great experience so far. I hope you like the blog!

Beaches and Cream
Saturday night, Casey and I went to Epcot for IllumiNations and then walked over to the Beach Club for dinner at Beaches & Cream. We asked for a table for two, and in a few minutes we were seated at the counter. This was pretty cool as it was right in front of where they assemble the Kitchen Sinks, and in the hour that we were there, about 7 were made!

Our waitress was Herlina and she was friendly. I couldn't decide what I wanted, but eventually both Casey and I decided on the single burger with fries, and Casey got bacon on hers as well. The food arrived a little bit later and it was very good, especially the fries.
DSCN1090.JPG

Casey decided she wanted dessert and ordered the two scoop sundae with mint chocolate chip ice cream and hot fudge topping. She couldn't finish it but really liked it.
DSCN1091.JPG

Herlina seemed very busy, like she was the only server for the whole restaurant, so it took a while for her to bring us our checks. We made it out just around 10:30, and Jordan behind the counter was extremely helpful in directing us to the College Program bus stop, which we would never have found on our own!

Pecos Bill
Last night I went with Marissa, Jessica, and Christina to the Magic Kingdom. After stopping at Columbia Harbour House and leaving after Jessica looked at the menu and determined that she couldn't eat anything there due to a gluten and dairy allergy, we headed for Pecos Bill.

We entered the restaurant on the side with the self-order kiosks, which were closed for the night (around 7pm). However, there was a menu board overhead which we stood around to look at. A cast member came over and told us that side was closed and we replied that we knew, we were just looking at the menu. He then replied, a bit rudely, that the menu boards were the same on all sides.

When we got in line, I finally decided on the taco salad. Christina chose the chili, Marissa got a cheeseburger, and Jessica ordered the pulled pork sandwich and ate it without the bun. I had seen photos of the taco salad online and it looked pretty big and had mostly positive reviews. I knew it would just be a shell and meat and I would have to add my own toppings.

Well, my order comes out in this small shell that was a bit stale when I started to eat it, and the scoop of meat was pitiful in size and lukewarm at best. I added tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and sour cream but that didn't make it a great meal anyway.
DSCN1128.JPG

DSCN1129.JPG

Christina and Jessica liked their choices, but Marissa pronounced her burger "meh". The only good thing about this meal was that we were able to quickly get a table.

Aloha Isle
I decided to head home after dinner, while the others stayed in the park for awhile. I knew I wanted a Dole Whip, so I stopped on the way out. It took only a few minutes before I was on my way with this:
DSCN1131.JPG

It was pineappley and delicious as always!

That's such a shame that your service at The Plaza was less than stellar. That can really make or break a meal.

I don't think I've ever had bad fries at either The Plaza or Beaches and Cream.

I hope you will give the Plaza another chance. I strongly recommend the salad with strawberries or the tuna on croisant. I don't care for the burgers at The Plaza either.

Was your taco salad greasy? When we met bouncycat at the MK they ate at Pecos Bill and we ate at Columbia Harbour House. Their taco salads were very greasy and they weren't impressed either.

Restaurant hopping with you is so much fun. I can see I am going to have 4 months of food enjoyment. I love the honest reviews of each food establishment. I know we all have different tastes and likes, having a review such as yours really helps.

PS -- when do you have time to work? LOL J/K

a faithful follower :)

That's such a shame that your service at The Plaza was less than stellar. That can really make or break a meal.

I don't think I've ever had bad fries at either The Plaza or Beaches and Cream.

I hope you will give the Plaza another chance. I strongly recommend the salad with strawberries or the tuna on croisant. I don't care for the burgers at The Plaza either.

Was your taco salad greasy? When we met bouncycat at the MK they ate at Pecos Bill and we ate at Columbia Harbour House. Their taco salads were very greasy and they weren't impressed either.

I don't think I've ever had bad fries anywhere on property-they're always good! I considered the strawberry salad, but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. My taco salad might have been a little greasy, but there was so little meat that it probably didn't make a difference.

Restaurant hopping with you is so much fun. I can see I am going to have 4 months of food enjoyment. I love the honest reviews of each food establishment. I know we all have different tastes and likes, having a review such as yours really helps.

PS -- when do you have time to work? LOL J/K

a faithful follower :)

I'm glad you're liking the reviews! I've actually worked every day for the last week-it probably seems like I've been spending a lot of time eating around the world, but I really haven't been! I've basically been not sleeping which is how I have time to keep updating the reviews! :rotfl:

I worked until 3pm today and then decided to spend some time in the park. Despite the fact that I work at Epcot, I feel it's the park I've spent the least time in over the last two weeks. I decided to go to Sunshine Seasons for dinner around 5pm.

After checking out all the menu choices I ended up at the sandwich station and chose the Reuben Panini, but asked them to hold the side of potato salad-I really wish they would offer other choices of sides. Then it was over to the bakery. In February 2007 I had a slice of really great Butterfinger Cheesecake and was hoping to get it again, but they didn't have it. However, the Smores Brownie caught my eye.

I paid and found a table. It was an off time so there were plenty of available seats.
DSCN1146.JPG

DSCN1147.JPG

The sandwich was very good, but so big that I could only eat half of it. Definitely something two people can share! I really enjoyed the smores brownie; it was just the right amount of chewy and I'd get it again, but I still love the strawberry shortcake.

I have tomorrow and Thursday off, so I'm going to git up Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and maybe Blizzard Beach, so look for reviews from those coming up soon. Then Friday night all five of my roommates and I have an ADR at 50s Prime Time Cafe at the Studios, and we're all super excited for it!

Just read your entire blog tonight!! Congrats on being employed in the most happiest place on Earth! Will look for you when we go to the parks in March!
You mentioned on your blog some reviews for All Ears - did you know they are having a meet on 3/3 - Jack Spense and Deb will be in Epcot.
Hopefully tomorrow tonihght I will have a chance to come back and read all your food reports in detail:thumbsup2

I am really enjoying your reviews :goodvibes

I just have to get the Sunshine Seasons Strawberry Shortcake on my next visit :cloud9:

Shame about the service at the Plaza :sad2:

With all the amazing counter service options around World Showcase I have not eaten at Sunshine Seasons. Your glowing reviews are making me think about whether or not I can work it in to my next trip! Kim Bilinski and I are trying to go again in October, I'm sad we'll miss seeing you working!

Great reviews! and loving all the food pics. Sorry Pecos Bill's was so uninspiring. I love seeing everything you try at Sunshine Seasons each time. :thumbsup2

Just read your entire blog tonight!! Congrats on being employed in the most happiest place on Earth! Will look for you when we go to the parks in March!
You mentioned on your blog some reviews for All Ears - did you know they are having a meet on 3/3 - Jack Spense and Deb will be in Epcot.
Hopefully tomorrow tonihght I will have a chance to come back and read all your food reports in detail:thumbsup2

Wow, that's dedication to read the whole blog! I did not know about the meet, thanks for telling me! If I'm not working I'll try to make it!

I am really enjoying your reviews :goodvibes

I just have to get the Sunshine Seasons Strawberry Shortcake on my next visit :cloud9:

Shame about the service at the Plaza :sad2:

Thanks for reading! The strawberry shortcake is probably my favorite food at Disney.

With all the amazing counter service options around World Showcase I have not eaten at Sunshine Seasons. Your glowing reviews are making me think about whether or not I can work it in to my next trip! Kim Bilinski and I are trying to go again in October, I'm sad we'll miss seeing you working!

Definitely try to work in Sunshine Seasons-it's the only place I eat at ever trip! Things are really up in the air right now about the summer and fall and if I'm going to grad school. I'm thinking about possibly extending my program through August or December, or trying for a professional internship in Guest Relations, so you might see me!

Subbing! Can't wait to read all of your reviews!

Thanks for reading!

Great reviews! and loving all the food pics. Sorry Pecos Bill's was so uninspiring. I love seeing everything you try at Sunshine Seasons each time. :thumbsup2

I last ate at Pecos Bill's about five years ago and I remember it being kind of blah then, but I figured I'd give it another shot (and I didn't really have a say in where to eat). I think I'll wait another five years to return!

Yesterday was my first day off in eight days, and I unintentionally woke up at 6:30, so I made it to Epcot for opening! After hitting up Soarin', Mission: Space, Test Track, and Character Spot, I stopped at an Espresso, Coffee and Pastries stand. My choices? A cheese danish and a small mango icee.
DSCN1161.JPG

DSCN1162.JPG

The danish doesn't look like much, but it was so good! And it was very large, too. Probably could be shared. The smoothie was good as well, I liked it a lot.

Lottawatta Lodge
In the afternoon I hopped over to Blizzard Beach. The PB&J I had brought was mush, so I needed to get lunch and went to Lottawatta Lodge. They only had two people taking orders and it took a while to move through the line. Then there was a long wait at the counter as well. I ordered a plain hot dog with apple slices and a fruit cup.
DSCN1183.JPG

This was really a boring meal. The hot dog was alright, the apples were gross, and the fruit cup okay. It got me through to dinner.

Mini Donuts
Before I left the park, I had to stop at the famous Mini Donut stand. I ordered a half dozen cinnamon sugar with white chocolate dipping sauce.
DSCN1189.JPG

These were oh so good. Warm and fresh, and they really were fine on their own without the dipping sauce.

Writer's Stop 1/26
This morning my roommate and I went to DHS. Before we left, we stopped in to Writer's Stop and I got the famous carrot cake cookie. My roommate chose a gingerbread Mickey.
DSCN1236.JPG

DSCN1237.JPG

She proclaimed the gingerbread man "good" and ate him up pretty quickly. Words and pictures could not have prepared me for the carrot cake cookie. It is ginormous and HEAVY. It's also very sweet. I only ate about half and I thought I had eaten a lot! The other half is in the fridge waiting for later. I highly recommend it, but you can definitely share!

I've been lurking on this report and your last trip report. Really enjoying the food pictures. I am getting stoked for my trip next month.
This will be my first trip since starting a gluten free diet. Tell your roommate that CHH has allergy free chicken fingers if she ever wants to give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter