• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Found the Magic on Google Earth

jbuckent

DIS Veteran
If you have google earth you should go find St Maarten. You can see the Magic (I imagine) in port!

Google Earth is not a real-time, regularly updated function. The images you are seeing are static photos that were taken in some cases years ago (when I zoom in on my home, the picture dosen't include the extended deck we put on almost two years ago).

So any ships you see aren't current images.

Yeah, some of them are real old. i'm pretty sure last time I looked, I saw the Big Red Boat!

jbuckent said:
If you have google earth you should go find St Maarten. You can see the Magic (I imagine) in port!

There is a cruise ship in port when the picture was taken, but it's not the Magic.

Now I wish they had that high of a resolution shot over Castaway Cay. The current image looks like there might be on of the two ships at the island, but the quality is so low, I can't even tell for sure that there is or is not a ship at the dock.

In Nassau port you can again see a crusie ship, but it's not the Wonder.

Lots of ships at Freeport, but no Wonder.

There's three ships shown at Cayman Islands, but no Magic.

Two ships are shown at Key West, but again, no Magic.

Cozumel shows one ship, but not the Magic.

St. Thomas shows three cruise ships lined up, but still no Magic.

The only place I can find either ship is Port Canaveral.
The position is:
Latitude: 28°24'50.22"N
Longitude: 80°37'44.96"W
That will put you in the Goofy pool (at least based on what image is show there today).

jbuckent said:
Really? It looks like it has the Mickey pool on it?

One tell-tale sign is if you look closely you will notice at the aft section you will see a row of verandahs. If this were the Magic you would see topsiders or the secret deck. Most likely the hidden Mickey shape that you see is the water slide.

the DCL ship is at Port Canaveral (in this photo i just took from Google Earth)

magic.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter