Found Scrapbook Heaven!

tinkerbell81284

Got Pixie Dust?
Today I just found one of the greatest scrapbook stores! And it's less than a mile from my house! It has every Disney sticker, almost every paper, etc.!!! Plus some of the stuff is cheaper than JoAnn's and Michael's!!!! So :)!!!

Tink

Any chance it is a chain? We are desperate up here for some "new blood" in regard to scrapping stuff. If I have to look at Michaels or AC Moore or Joanne's one more time I may scream!................P

See ya'll need to move to utah :) We have more awesome scrapbook stores here than we need :) KMA, Pebbles, Roberts(provo craft),and a few non-national stores are here :)

I couldnt see how people could live on Joann's and Michael's

-em

Okay tink - spill the beans! For those of us who live near Tampa, which store are you talking about?

For a long time I frequented a LSS about 2 miles from my house. It was great- great stickers, great paper, very organized. Shortly before I signed with Creative Memories last summer, I kept hearing about this store about 10 miles from my house called A Joy Forever...mostly it was badmouthed by my CMC cause the owner was doing a major NO NO- selling CM products in her store (which she doesn't anymore). But I was intrigued nonetheless just to check it out. OMG- it was one of those stores where your head spins, there is SO much crammed in there. But I didn't shop there too much this last year cause I had CM stuff coming out of my ears. Well, since I quit CM two months ago, I have ventured into this store 3 times, and my other LSS twice and I hate to say it, but this new store just rocks over the one I feel loyal to. I mean they must have every paper imaginable! Plus stickers up the ying-tang, eyelets, brads, fibers, diecuts, jolees boutique...I wish I could take you on a cyber-field trip. Plus they have a punch card and what looks like great crops. They supply the soda, and ask everyone to bring something to share, and they crop for 6-8 hours twice a month. I like that- kind of homey. And what I love- they put on display the stuff that's featured in CK and other magazines so yesterday I was like, "Oh my God....that's the stuff in the layout I LOVED in this month's CK and it's all right here in front of my nose! Together!" (It was all the aqua/periwinkle striped doodlebug papers, buttons, sayings). And the Disney stickers...........wow.....I will still buy CM albums, pages, page protectors, and adhesive, and any new stickers that I love, but holy cow....I'm back to being a scrapbook store junkie! :hyper:

I'll be heading in that direction for the 4th of July! Yippee something to look forward too! Talbots and scrapbooking!

Holycow

It wouldn't come up when I clicked on the link either, but when I typed it in my address line directly it worked!

Bookmarked it to explore further at another time - lots there!
Deb

Hey Alice88, could you please tell me where the LSS is that your talking about? I’m in Vancouver, Washington. …………….. thanks

amy

AJA~

If you go south on I-205 to the Johnson Creek Exit, turn right on Johnson Creek. Turn Left on 82nd Avenue to go towards Clackamas Town Center. The store is called A Joy Forever and it is on the right side of 82nd; you will see an Arby's and turn right on King Rd., which is immediately following the Arbys and then turn left almost immediately into a parking lot- a little strip mall is there and it includes the scrapbook store and a Mexican food market. They are open every day, even Sundays! Tuesdays I know they are open until 9 PM but every other day I think they close at 5 or 6.

Have FUN!

And see you at WDW! Looks like we will be there at the same time! :wave2:

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much Tink! That is like 15 minutes from my house! Since we moved here almost 2 years ago I haven't found anything but Michael's and JoAnn's close to where I live. I am going to try to check it out tomorrow or Monday!

Thanks again! (Can you tell how excited I am by the amount of exclaimation points?)

Steph

Hello Ladies...

I too am a former CMC (actually I'm still technically active until I run out of albums and pages that I need to buy to keep myself active...) and I have pretty much everything they do but since I'm now quitting, I'm branching out.

I checked out the web site which is AMAZING...I have a couple of questions. A bunch of those stickers I can get here but not all of them (Disney ones i mean of course). Are they all the SandyLion ones? Those big sheets? And also, are any of those available at WDW as well? I don't want to leave myself with nothing to buy in the SB store there.

Thank!

Beth

Thanks so much for the link! Living in NYC we don't have a lot of stores to go to. I just love what I saw and I am sure I will be ordering from them in the near future. Also will pass it on to friends.

Thanks again!

Hi, Madam! I don't know if you know it, but there is a store on Staten Island that is for scrapbooking. It's in Great Kills. I haven't been there but it's the only one around. I can't remember the name. I live in Jersey and we have so many more here. One of the good reasons I moved out here!
Franne

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I don't drive. I do however have a girlfriend who lives in Jersey and she has become somewhat of my personel shopper.

Originally posted by Alice28
I kept hearing about this store about 10 miles from my house called A Joy Forever...

I live a mile from A Joy Forever! I absolutely LOVE this store...I have to really be careful how much I visit it since I drive by all the time because my wallet just won't stay in my purse when I'm in the store. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter