• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOUND MEMORY CARD

jmkjr72

DIS Veteran
If you were just on the boats from contemporary to the wilderness and ft wilderness. Please make sure you have your memory card. we found it on the left side of the boat we were told you got off at the wilderness lodge. We turned it into the boat capt his name was Daniel. it was an 8gb pny SD card

We hope you see this and recover it

Been here-done this.

I lost the SD Card with my pictures of the Cinderella Castle Suite Passholder Tour on it-major bummer!:)

Maybe we can all use this as a wake-up call. I use my first picture on a memory card as a pic of a card with name, address, and phone #. Might help someone sometime if taken to photo lab. I learned this the hard way by losing one. Hope the owner gets it back.
Sarah

Great idea. Also, write your email or phone number on the card with a Sharpie.

Also, write your email or phone number on the card with a Sharpie.
Actually, a much better idea. Sitting here thinking about it --

In today's world of clever hackers, it's a well-known trick to leave removable media laying about hoping someone will pick it up and carelessly insert it into their computer... That action, if it's the right operating system, leads to installation of a remote access tool and introduces the victim to the world of being a host for a cyber parasite.

Be sure to scan any media you find before letting it run loose on your system.

Maybe we can all use this as a wake-up call. I use my first picture on a memory card as a pic of a card with name, address, and phone #. Might help someone sometime if taken to photo lab. I learned this the hard way by losing one. Hope the owner gets it back.
Sarah
Awesome idea!

We also found a memory card today - 8 gb SD card at the Contempo Cafe, sometime between 1-2 pm. Looks like it fell out of the pocket of someone sitting in a booth that backs up to Chef Mickey's. We gave it to a cashier. Hope the owner finds it!

I must say I'm impressed with Disneys Lost and Found. Many years ago my son lost his drawstring Polynesian backpack at Animal Kingdom. We thought oh well, so much for that. But I called L&F, they asked me a few questions and said they'd mail it to our home if they found it, it might take a few days. Still, I figured no way. How many hundreds -- thousands? -- of items get lost at WDW every day. How could they find my sons backpack?

Well about a week after we got home my sons backpack showed up in the mail (along with several small items still inside)! I was blown away.

So now I would never give up hope on a lost item! Especially since folks are kind enough to turn these items in to a CM. thank you!

Well just one more bump I know it's a long shot that who ever lost it is a member on here or even checking in on vacation.

I just hope the people who lost there memory cards have the same disney magic we had when the stone fell out of my fiance ring

I must say I'm impressed with Disneys Lost and Found. Many years ago my son lost his drawstring Polynesian backpack at Animal Kingdom. We thought oh well, so much for that. But I called L&F, they asked me a few questions and said they'd mail it to our home if they found it, it might take a few days. Still, I figured no way. How many hundreds -- thousands? -- of items get lost at WDW every day. How could they find my sons backpack?

Well about a week after we got home my sons backpack showed up in the mail (along with several small items still inside)! I was blown away.

So now I would never give up hope on a lost item! Especially since folks are kind enough to turn these items in to a CM. thank you!

Any lost of found items found at the four WDW Parks & DTD go to Disney's Central Lost & Found which is essentially a MASSIVE collection warehouse with hundreds of thousands of lost items.. Each individual WDW Resort also has an equivalent on-site Lost & Found Department which handles Lost items at that particular resort.. It is always worth giving it a try as you never know your items may be sitting unclaimed in one of these massive warehouses..

Just a suggestion to anyone heading to the world. I always recommend taking a photo of your name, phone number and email address as the first shot on any memory card and protecting the image so it can't be accidentally erased. Hopefully anyone how finds a card will look at the photos and find it there first.

Bumping...
Hoping that the owners are reunited with their precious memories !

I do hope the owner is a DISer,but comparing the number of DISers who were there at that time to the total of Guests that day really makes it a LONG shot(Debbie Downer here!lol).:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter