Found great deal on tickets - Will it work?

I just tried it and it says the code has expired.
4.gif

Do you really want to take that chance just to save $20? If the tickets have been used even one day, they will be confiscated at the gate. Even if they are perfectly fine tickets but don't scan properly at the turnstiles, you will have to go to Guest Services and answer some very specific questions about what name the tickets were ordered under. You may even be asked to show ID for the person who bought the tickets originally. Honestly, it is not worth the risk of losing the money you paid on those tickets just to save a few dollars. The tickets are not for resale and if they find out, you could lose your tickets and your money.

Give the money to Universal (rather than some random person on eBay) and do your part to keep the parks open during this time of financial hardships. :thumbsup2

I am a party of 9 for the upcoming week. This was a savings of at least $180. What I received was a confirmation as if it were bought by a tour company. Has the name of each of my party on the confirmation. Certainly seems legitimate to me. If I have any issues I will pass on the news. Risk is small as tickets were purchased using Paypal.

As far as giving money to Universal as charity to keep them open in times of financial hardships, that is nonsense to me. If you'd like the addresses of some organizations that help the poor, I'd be happy to provide them for you.

Universal should be thrilled that my group of 9 is coming at all!

Certainly seems legitimate to me. If I have any issues I will pass on the news. Risk is small as tickets were purchased using Paypal.

Are you talking about the eBay tickets or the tickets through Mousesavers?

I know the tickets through mousesaver are legitimate. I still believe it is a risk to purchase tickets through eBay. Everyday, tickets are confiscated or are found to be used. It is really sad to see people cheated out of money for tickets that are worthless. It is also illegal to resale tickets (not to buy them but for the seller unless they are ticket brokers like ticketmaster, etc..) I hope that your tickets are fine and that you don't have to re-purchase tickets for 9 people.

Would something like this work?

Shoot - not enough posts to put the link. It's ebay item #230324056755

It's $79.99 for a 2 park/7 day admission--is something wrong with these tickets???

I bought this direct from Universal's site and printed them at home. Used them this week with no problem.

I think the ticketmaster tickets aren't the 7 day tickets since apparently they expire 30 days after first use or in full on Dec. 30/09

That would be the difference from the AAA tickets.

From mousesavers:

The 2-Day/2-Park tickets expire 30 days after first use or in full on 12/15/09, and they also include admission to the paid entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk for seven consecutive calendar days beginning and including the first day that any portion of the ticket is used.
Please note: this discount is primarily intended for employees of large companies and members of various organizations such as certain credit unions. I normally don't list discounts that are intended to be exclusive to a membership group, but this particular discount link and code is easily found through a Google search. The link and code are also being sold by unscrupulous people on eBay. I decided to go ahead and list this information, rather than letting my readers get ripped off on eBay.

Just want to clarify this in my head. Is it just the 2- Day/2-Park tickets that expire on 12/15/09? I just need the 1-Day/1-Park Adult ticket for Jan 8 2010.

After reading the hassle some have gone through, might be better to just wait and get them at my AAA office.

Just want to clarify this in my head. Is it just the 2- Day/2-Park tickets that expire on 12/15/09? I just need the 1-Day/1-Park Adult ticket for Jan 8 2010.

After reading the hassle some have gone through, might be better to just wait and get them at my AAA office.

I was looking for the 2 day/2park tickets for my family in Jan. 10'. On the link to purchase from mousesavers to ticketmaster to purchase, the far upper right hand corner of the ticketmaster page lists the 12-15-09 expiration for the 2 day/2 park ticket - but that restriction is not on the 1 day/1 park ticket or the 1 day/ 2 park ticket page. I would still see if you can advice from somebody that actually purchased the tickets, to see if the tickets state any restriction for expiration.

I bought the 1 day/2 park tickets through this link and there is no expiration date listed anywhere on the tickets (can't guarantee that this means there really is not an expiration date, just that it is not printed anywhere on the tickets). The only thing that even looks like a date I can find is the date I purchsed them.

Also, from reading about how some people have had trouble with Ticketmaster tickets when going through the gate, I'm going to fax copies of my tickets to the number listed on the Universal website. It says they will confirm the validity of your tickets if you fax copies to them. That way if there are going to be any problems, I will know to go straight to guest services rather than stand in line at the gates and then have to turn around and go back.

I bought the 1 day/2 park tickets through this link and there is no expiration date listed anywhere on the tickets (can't guarantee that this means there really is not an expiration date, just that it is not printed anywhere on the tickets). The only thing that even looks like a date I can find is the date I purchsed them.

Also, from reading about how some people have had trouble with Ticketmaster tickets when going through the gate, I'm going to fax copies of my tickets to the number listed on the Universal website. It says they will confirm the validity of your tickets if you fax copies to them. That way if there are going to be any problems, I will know to go straight to guest services rather than stand in line at the gates and then have to turn around and go back.

When are you planning to use them?

I just bought the 2 day 2 park ticket from ticketmaster...printed them out. Hope there are no problems.

I just bought the 2 day 2 park ticket from ticketmaster...printed them out. Hope there are no problems.

Can you tell me if the printed out tickets has any name on them? The reason I ask is because I want to buy some ticketmaster tickets, but the person who will be buying the tickets with their credit card won't be one of the ones going. I just want to make sure that won't cause any problems.

Can you tell me if the printed out tickets has any name on them? The reason I ask is because I want to buy some ticketmaster tickets, but the person who will be buying the tickets with their credit card won't be one of the ones going. I just want to make sure that won't cause any problems.

The tickets do have the name of the person who purchased them printed on them. I don't know if that would be a problem or not though.

The tickets do have the name of the person who purchased them printed on them. I don't know if that would be a problem or not though.

Thanks for the information.

Would anyone happen to know if it would cause a problem of the purchaser wasn't in attendance?

the only thing i can think of is:

if the tickets do not scan correctly, you would probably be asked to go to guest services to straighten it out.

i would believe at guest services you would have to answer some questions so they can verify the validity of the tickets.

questions such as:
name, number of credit card used to purchase the passes
when purchased
where purchased
and show an id to match the ownership of the passes.

now i am not saying that will happen, but from what i have read in the past when a person has to verify information to check the validity of the passes, some of those questions have been asked.

let's just assume that you will not have an issues with the passes that you are buying.
i understand that not everyone has a credit card and perhaps you are giving the money to the person that is doing the transaction on his/her cc.

in past years, i bought tickets for my sons and my name was on the tickets.
but, i was there with them.
they did not have any problems using them.

Thanks for the response. So are you saying that as long as there's no problem, then they won't ask for ID or to see the purchasing credit card?

This is frustrating. If my friend purchases these ticketmaster tickets for us, it will save us $100 dollars, but I run the risk of not being admitted into the park, in which case the tickets are useless and we've lost $300. I'm really confused as to what to do.

Thanks for the response. So are you saying that as long as there's no problem, then they won't ask for ID or to see the purchasing credit card?

This is frustrating. If my friend purchases these ticketmaster tickets for us, it will save us $100 dollars, but I run the risk of not being admitted into the park, in which case the tickets are useless and we've lost $300. I'm really confused as to what to do.

There should be no issue with the ticketmaster tickets. Family members buy them for other family members all the time. I do believe that the person purchasing them can specify names for who they are for.

Phamton said that although there can be problems with the card not scanning when you go in, guest services will take care of it for you.

I wouldn't worry about any oops with the tickets.

just know some of the info in case you are asked such as, what date were the tickets purchased.

i can not see any problems with the tickets.

like others have said, if the ticket does not scan, work it out with gs.

At the top of the ticket...it says purchased by and then the name of the purchaser.

I don't think it matters who uses them. I will have a free ticket and I purchased the ticket for my bf. When going through the purchasing process it never asked the name of the ticket holder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter