found a pearl at Epcot on 11-28, and a cell at MK

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
they must if got it in Japan since I found it in America, it was at night and I stepped on it. It was in a bag and marked 7 1/4. I gave it to a CM by the front and he was bringing it to guest relations. I sure hope the owner looks for it there!

It was funny since the guy looked at the baggie and I said "do you want to know more, like where I found it" and he said "if you want to tell me" he looked scared, then I said its a pearl- from Japan, and he goes "OH, whew, I thought it was drugs" He really did too :lmao: We had a good laugh!

---> added the cell story on post 6

That was nice of you to turn it in. So many people wouldn't.

On our last trip, my DH found a square pin holder that the CM's wear on their belts. It had about 8 pins on it. We also turned it in and the CM brought it to a manager who happened to be in the area.

She said the CM who lost it would get in trouble because they are responsible for them. We did the right thing but felt badly that someone would get in trouble for it.

That was Wonderful of you to turn it in. On our trip in November, my DD10 spent her spending money to get a pearl $17, then paid $10 to get it mounted on a little thing that could go on a necklace. She would have been DEVASTATED if she lost it! I have lost so many things over the years at Disney & nothing EVER shows up :( and I call & call. If only there were MORE honest people like you!! Kudos to you! Happy Holidays :goodvibes

Lauren

That was nice of you! I hope they look for it. Did it break when you stepped on it?

I lost my cell phone in HS in September. At first dh was a little irritated with me, but I kept saying, "Don't worry, it will turn up". He thought I was nuts. I went to lost and found at park closing and there it was. He said, "Only in Disney' :rotfl:

That was Wonderful of you to turn it in. On our trip in November, my DD10 spent her spending money to get a pearl $17, then paid $10 to get it mounted on a little thing that could go on a necklace. She would have been DEVASTATED if she lost it! I have lost so many things over the years at Disney & nothing EVER shows up :( and I call & call. If only there were MORE honest people like you!! Kudos to you! Happy Holidays :goodvibes

Lauren

Thats all I could picture, was a little girl in tears over it. I just hope they know to ask at lost and found.

That was nice of you! I hope they look for it. Did it break when you stepped on it?

I lost my cell phone in HS in September. At first dh was a little irritated with me, but I kept saying, "Don't worry, it will turn up". He thought I was nuts. I went to lost and found at park closing and there it was. He said, "Only in Disney' :rotfl:

Nope it didnt break, and didnt even scratch :thumbsup2

Oh ya, my DD found a cell phone too, this same trip. It was at Splash playground by the slide. She looked up a number to call, she goes like this " well, this is a 20 something year old boy, and he is a player!" She could tell by the textes LOL. She was seeing if someone was texted recently, it was like 1130 at night. And she said it was by the slide because he went down it having fun with his friends! She ended up calling the number that said "mom", the lady was totally confused, my daughter said I found your son's phone at WDW, do you know if he is with anyone I can call... the mother said that could be any of my kids, not sure. Well she gave up on her and said she would hand it in. Then she called a girl he had texed, it was a girl with him LOL. We met them over by Pirates and he was sooooo HAPPY we did that. He was early 20's and was with 2 girls and a guy. They laughed their butts of when she told them it was at the slide! Yep DD had it all figured out!

We also saw a teen crying, she lost her cell on a ride, my DD was heart broke for her. She said she was glad I dont let her take hers! I have a no cell rule on trips for my teen, I want ALL of her attention LOL!

That's great!!!!! I'm so glad you turned it in. At DL this past summer my DD8 lost her hat and her backpack with Disney Dollars and some cash, neither were turned in. :( We checked where she left them and then we went to Guest Services, nothing. We checked for 2 days, she was heartbroken because her backpack had her autograph book, her spending $$ and money she had saved to spend for herself. :(

My DD13 lost her cell phone in Fantasmic, luckily she realized it right away. She went to look for it in the seats and my older DD started calling it. Some guy answered and said "Hi Sam!" Her name came up on the ID LOL So she asked him where he was and they met up outside the doors and he gave it back to us. WHEW!!!

Nope it didnt break, and didnt even scratch :thumbsup2

Oh ya, my DD found a cell phone too, this same trip. It was at Splash playground by the slide. She looked up a number to call, she goes like this " well, this is a 20 something year old boy, and he is a player!" She could tell by the textes LOL. She was seeing if someone was texted recently, it was like 1130 at night. And she said it was by the slide because he went down it having fun with his friends! She ended up calling the number that said "mom", the lady was totally confused, my daughter said I found your son's phone at WDW, do you know if he is with anyone I can call... the mother said that could be any of my kids, not sure. Well she gave up on her and said she would hand it in. Then she called a girl he had texed, it was a girl with him LOL. We met them over by Pirates and he was sooooo HAPPY we did that. He was early 20's and was with 2 girls and a guy. They laughed their butts of when she told them it was at the slide! Yep DD had it all figured out!

We also saw a teen crying, she lost her cell on a ride, my DD was heart broke for her. She said she was glad I dont let her take hers! I have a no cell rule on trips for my teen, I want ALL of her attention LOL!

Last summer my dd 16 lost her cell phone when she tried to answer it on a roller coaster.

Last summer my dd 16 lost her cell phone when she tried to answer it on a roller coaster.

:lmao: I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but who in their right mind would answer a call on a roller coaster? I actually have had calls come through on rides at WDW (notably, one of DS's friend's moms who called all.the.time to get the boys together to play---I had told her that morning we were in Florida and she still called back later that day to see if the boys could play!), I just let it go to voicemail.

I'm at Disney, I wouldn't even have it on at all except that's how DH and I communicate if we're separated in the parks.

Oh, yes, and in Animal Kingdom in 2005 I found someone's Universal multi-day passes (four of them) on the ground near the tree of life. I couldn't tell if there was any access left on them, but I turned them in to Guest Services. They looked at me like I was crazy, but I knew if I'd lost half of our park fun, I'd be very upset.

I always try to find the owner or turn the item in to whoever looks most responsible, lol.

I lost mine at the princess breakfast in norway last year. Had no idea I even lost it. When we got around to Canada my hubby got a phone call from our TA.:thumbsup2 The host of the restaurant tracked down m y TA I guess though ADR's. She than called my sister in law who was a client to track down dh's cell number lol. It worked out great in the end.

I was in EPCOT in Sept and found a LARGE bag of things. I gave it to the first CM I found. I really hope the people who left it outside Mexico went to lost and found. It was at least 200 worth of stuff.

:lmao: I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but who in their right mind would answer a call on a roller coaster? I actually have had calls come through on rides at WDW (notably, one of DS's friend's moms who called all.the.time to get the boys together to play---I had told her that morning we were in Florida and she still called back later that day to see if the boys could play!), I just let it go to voicemail.

I'm at Disney, I wouldn't even have it on at all except that's how DH and I communicate if we're separated in the parks.

I didn't include that I was the one calling her. I wanted to know if they were still waiting in line. I did not think that she would be answering it if she was actually riding.

Nope - I left my cell on the shuttle at Hershey park. An hour later, my gf, who was also at Hershey, called me to tell me that the bus driver called her (my last call), and dropped the phone off with her at the campground. I wasn't the least bit surprised! :goodvibes

In August 2007 my dh left my bag laying outside of EE at Animal Kingdom. It had my camera, two cell phones, my wallet and a ton of stuff since I am the one who gets to carry everything. We looKed everywhere for with no lucK. When dh reported it to guest services, they said not to worry because the expensive stuff always turns up. He was right. When we checKed bacK before leaving the parK it was there and nothing was missing.
Fast forward a year and dd 12 left her purse either on the bench in dtd or on the bus and we got a call two days later. Contents of purse were all there.

We found a very FAT wallet in the couches at the WL. There were credit cards & $$ bills poking out of the side. I didn't even open it, took it straight to the front desk.

She could tell by the textes LOL. She was seeing if someone was texted recently, it was like 1130 at night.

While I'm glad that the phone was returned, reading someone elses text messages is definetly not cool. The right thing would have been to turn in the phone at guest services or with a CM. If you wanted to go the extra step then go through the contact numbers, but definetly not the texts. I'm glad the owner got the phone back though.

We label our contacts with the word "wife", "husband", "mom", etc on our phone next to the appropriate name that way if we lose the phone they know which contacts would be better to reach the owner of the phone.

I have found 2 cameras and a bag of Chinese store purchased items in Disney over the years. Turned all 3 in.

Now however, would one of you please find my camera that I lost when I got BACK from LasVegas? I called absolutely every lost and found with no luck. I even called back to the hotel I stayed at (Paris) in case I dreamt that it was in my purse in the airplane (I know it was!) and they kept saying.....Are you sure your camera isn't a Kodak Model # or a Nikon Model #........It was like they were just begging me to tell them mine was something other than an HP R927 :rotfl:

You are so nice to have returned the items. You didn't happen to find a folded-up $20 bill somewhere in Animal Kingdom on Nov. 26 did you? My son dropped it out of his pants pocket while walking. We found a camera bag laying under a chair at the AS Music resort on Sunday, Nov. 23, and flagged down a castmember immediately. The family returned about 10 minutes later, and they acted like they were mad at us for turning it in:confused3 I am sure Disney employees have seen lots of things left behind...probably even drugs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter