• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOTL Access

loko123

Earning My Ears
Another quick question. Does everyone need to have a room key for FOTL access, or is a key enough for a party of three for example? I ask this because I may be staying on-site with a friend, and another friend might stay off-site. I assume we will have 2 keys (2 guests). If they do ask a key from everyone, then I guess getting an extra third key from the hotel would work?

Every person must have their own room key.

I don't think you would be able to get an extra "key" for your friend to use. What the hotel gives you is a credit card type of key and when you use FOTL, the key is swiped through a handheld machine. I believe if you were to ask for an extra key, then your original key card would probably be deactivated.

Right........... When I called to make resv. they asked for all of our names (5 of us) and said that upon check in, we'd all 5 be given a key to the room. I also read on another post that someone had to be issued new keys during their stay bcuz they lost the original one, the "lost" one was deactivated........... so, i'm assuming only the people actually staying in the room get a key. No offense to you or your friend............. but, for those of us "paying" for it, I kinda like it that way!!! Not trying to be mean or nasty, but it cost a bundle for that "perk". I'd be mad if they gave out keys to "friends" who weren't staying to use. (Sorry)

You can not get an extra key for your friend...your friend however, can purchase front of the line access so that she/he can join you at the front of the line. The keys are scanned to make sure they are valid keys when you enter the front of the line waiting area. So, you can't just say you lost a key...because the key would be cancelled in the system.

It is easy for your friend to purchase front of the line access, and well worth it.

Enjoy!

It might be easier for your friend to "add" him or herself onto your reservation. There would be an extra adult charge but it would most likely be about $25.(most rooms accomodate at least three people) This way your friend is "official" and legal and he or she could still stay off-site if they want. There is no rules saying you have to sleep in your bed there. Lots of people staying at Disney book and pay for a room just to get the ride access for their families. Since it is $20 for each park for Express access your friend would be better off to be an official guest and then he or she won't be limited to just one turn on each ride.

HI ALL!
I agree with LOOKING FORWARD, add the person to the room for the key.
We We were , in,out, unlimited number of times, any time of the day, any EXPRESS enterance.

Suggest you have the front desk punch a hole in the card where it won't interfere with the door access and put it on a key ring, and attach the key ring to a Id strap which can be attached to you or around your neck that way each time at the EXPRESS scan just pull out the card, have the attendent scan it and the card will never leave your body. We had four keys and the attendents thought they were playing poker but liked the key idea.

Also I would check the advance FOTL add-on for restrictions, really look at the fine print, At Woody's wild ride there was an incident about some policy change. this was 0n the 5th of July 2003.

ENJOY!!!

"THE MAGIC HAPPENS!!!"
:jester: :jester: :jester:

Also I would check the advance FOTL add-on for restrictions, really look at the fine print, At Woody's wild ride there was an incident about some policy change. this was 0n the 5th of July 2003.

Do you know what the policy change was?????

I assume this "policy change" is for those purchasing the express books........ NOT people staying onsite??? I hope so at least!!! We are staying onsite specifically for the hotl.

Exactly what policy has changed??? Be it onsite or Express Books??? I hope they aren't limiting FOL to 1 same-ride per hour or something.... I know the booklet is once per ride and that is it....

I hope he clears this up for all of us!!!!!!!!!! I really want to know "what policy change " he's referring too also.

It states that for the "purchased" express access(where you pay I think 20 per park) there is one express entry per ride limit.

Universal Express Plus Pass - Universal Studios®
Purchase a Universal Express PLUS Pass and enjoy express access to each Universal Express(sm) attraction at Universal Studios®, with a single pass! No pre-determined ride times. No need to pick up additional passes for each attraction. Limit one (1) time only per attraction using the Universal Express queue. Add to Cart-->

Adult $20.00
Complete Details

Universal Express Plus Pass - Islands of Adventure
Purchase a Universal Express PLUS Pass and enjoy express access to each Universal Express(sm) attraction at Islands of Adventure, with a single pass! No pre-determined ride times. No need to pick up additional passes for each attraction. Limit one (1) time only per attraction using the Universal Express(sm) queue.

But for on-site guests it is unlimited. I was told by a manager at the HRH that they don't plan on ever doing away with the onsite perks because it keeps them in the 90% occupied bed range year round and is part of Universal's agreement with Loews. Don't know if this is the final or true answer but it makes sense to me.

HI ALL!
At Woody Woodpecker"s Nuthouse Coaster, according to the Official Universal Studios handout pamphlet that you get at the front gate, Woody's Coaster is not EXPRESS, yet we got in a FOTL line row and just walked onto the ride ahead of everyone.

I will try and copy the exact info off the handout about "Upgrade UNIVERSAL EXPRESS PLUS!"
( fine print)
"Reservation access begins one hour after park opening. LImited one time only per attraction using the Universal Express queue."

"Ask any Universal Orlando team member for details."

(fine print follows)
"Some attractions excluded. UNIVERSAL EXPRESS and UNIVERSAL EXPRESS PLUS passes subject to availability and hours of distribution are limited. Additional restrictions may apply."
-----------------------------
"SINGLE RIDER SAVE TIME!"
( fine print)
If you don't mind splitting your party , the wait time for single riders can be greatly reduced at designated attractions. See an attendentant for assistance."the endof the panphlet.

At MIB single line was as large as regular lines, families were splitting and using walkie talkies in different cars during the ride.

IMHO THERE IS NOTHING BETTTER THAN FOTL with the room key.!!!

ENJOY!!!

"THE MAGIC HAPPENS"
:jester: :jester: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter