• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness vows renewal?

keylime359

Mouseketeer
So I have been thinking (not good usually involves smoke) and I know that when we reach our 15th next year I want to do it up big. So, we are not really Grand Floridian or the wedding pavilion kind of people. BUT, we are campers! I am all about a BBQ reception with the mason jars for glasses and bandannas for napkins vibe. This would be around Halloween next year so you all would be invited of course! Not sure if hubs would be down with this or not. (I am kinda hoping he would agree to marry me again :eek:) In fact, he might just sleep thru it! Some of you have actually seen him emerge from the camper to walk the dogs or have a smoke. He is real!
So, is this a dorky idea?

Sounds fun to me,,
open bar ??:goodvibes

So are you say'n that your hubby is a lurker/emerger when a the Fort ?

That is so funny because I was thinking the same thing! Our 15th is next year, and I want to do a vow renewal at Disney but wasn't sure how. I looked at some of the prices for weddings, crazy expensive, but didn't see anything about renewals. So I thought the Fort would be awesome to do that at!!!

Our anniversary is today, so close to Halloween too :)

I think you should go fo it!

That is a GREAT idea! We too have been talking about renewing our vows, and my thought was going to Vegas! I never even considered the Fort! Hhmmmm......will have to talk to the DH about that!!

That is so funny because I was thinking the same thing! Our 15th is next year, and I want to do a vow renewal at Disney but wasn't sure how. I looked at some of the prices for weddings, crazy expensive, but didn't see anything about renewals. So I thought the Fort would be awesome to do that at!!!

Happy anniversary !!:banana:

So I have been thinking (not good usually involves smoke) and I know that when we reach our 15th next year I want to do it up big. So, we are not really Grand Floridian or the wedding pavilion kind of people. BUT, we are campers! I am all about a BBQ reception with the mason jars for glasses and bandannas for napkins vibe. This would be around Halloween next year so you all would be invited of course! Not sure if hubs would be down with this or not. (I am kinda hoping he would agree to marry me again :eek:) In fact, he might just sleep thru it! Some of you have actually seen him emerge from the camper to walk the dogs or have a smoke. He is real!
So, is this a dorky idea?

I think it's a great idea, you just have to make sure that you don't have any closings so you can show up :idea:

Happy Anniversary. We could have a really big party next Halloween. Our Anniversary is in November (I don't remember the date, can't find my Marriage license :hippie: but I know it's Nov and it's a lot of years)

I also think it's a great idea! We've talked about renewing our vows sometime too. Our 15th was this year, but it was the week of the Nashville flood so I spent the day removing sewage from my crawlspace. Good times! Maybe we will celebrate it next year at the Fort.

Happy Anniversary to all of you! I've told the story before about how FW played a role in my proposal. :love: I think that something like this could be done very well. Whether you embrace the Fort with it's pines, or the beautiful beach, or hey why not HDDR or MBYBBQ?!?! Maybe a carriage ride for 2? We had considered having our wedding at the Fort, but in the end, chose to keep it here in town.

Congrats! pixiedust:

You can have a vow renewal through Disney Fairy Tale Weddings starting at $1991 through the Memories Collection. The next cheapest is through Disney Cruise Line starting at $2500. Disney treats vow renewals and wedding identically.

What Disney does frown on is having wedding/vow renewal ceremonies on property that are not through DFTW, and they can actually ask you to leave. I'm really sorry to be a pooper.

There are other ceremony options though that are totally ok, like having something done at Fulton's, Characters In Flight, Swan and Dolphin, etc. These are restaurants/hotels/activities that are on Disney property by not owned by Disney.

There's nothing saying that you couldn't have a fabulous reception at the Fort either!

HTH! :goodvibes

Does Disney ever pre-empt the campfire/movie area for "special events"? That would be a neat place to do a renewal. At dusk, with 2 blazing fires going, and Chip and Dale as witnesses! Then head to the beach for fireworks in a golf cart parade. I think people could manage to decorate some carts for the occasion. ;)
Hmm, our 30th is in a few years...you're giving me dangerous ideas.:rolleyes1

I also think it's a great idea! We've talked about renewing our vows sometime too. Our 15th was this year, but it was the week of the Nashville flood so I spent the day removing sewage from my crawlspace. Good times! Maybe we will celebrate it next year at the Fort.

But I bet you and it's not Cindy never forget your 15th.

Does Disney ever pre-empt the campfire/movie area for "special events"? That would be a neat place to do a renewal. At dusk, with 2 blazing fires going, and Chip and Dale as witnesses! Then head to the beach for fireworks in a golf cart parade. I think people could manage to decorate some carts for the occasion. ;)
Hmm, our 30th is in a few years...you're giving me dangerous ideas.:rolleyes1

Sure whats your budget?

I'm thinking somewhere north of $5,000. :confused3

Just having Chip and Dale will run you maybe $1,500 to 2,000 for about 30 minutes of work. Then you would be renting out the venue.

Congrats! pixiedust:

You can have a vow renewal through Disney Fairy Tale Weddings starting at $1991 through the Memories Collection. The next cheapest is through Disney Cruise Line starting at $2500. Disney treats vow renewals and wedding identically.

What Disney does frown on is having wedding/vow renewal ceremonies on property that are not through DFTW, and they can actually ask you to leave. I'm really sorry to be a pooper.

There are other ceremony options though that are totally ok, like having something done at Fulton's, Characters In Flight, Swan and Dolphin, etc. These are restaurants/hotels/activities that are on Disney property by not owned by Disney.

There's nothing saying that you couldn't have a fabulous reception at the Fort either!

HTH! :goodvibes

I was going to bring this up also. Others have brought up having some sort of informal wedding ceremony in a park and many people have replied that if you have anything that looks like a wedding ceremony in a park without going through Disney is will be shutdown.

Heres a thought, what if you did it on your own campsite? I think as long as you didn't invite a ton of people it may fly under the radar.

@ SOLOMOM Happy Anniversary! :lovestruc

I can get around the whole Disney wedding thing and do it for way less by having a (Disney)catered event at a location of my choice. I do want a hayride to wisk us away rather than the carriage. Thank you for the suggestion pinkcow. The venues they offer are just not what I have in mind. We had a formal wedding and all the fanfare that went with it. After it was all said and done I wish we would have eloped. If I would let him DH would show up in a columbia fishing shirt! I don't know if I would do an open bar or not.
How about beer and diet Dr.pepper? Funny thing about the bar.We don't really drink. We had a pool table and bar and we stocked it to the gills with every bottle and libation you can think of. All the stemware and pilsners sticks and swizzles bar blenders and ice machine. The pool table was used as a laundry folding table and the bar is a joke. Most of the bottles have never been opened. I pay my bills on it and use it to gift wrap. We are boring, boring, homebody workaholics.:surfweb:We both get up and are working by 7:00 and our days end around 9 or so at night. We work weekends and holidays. We do take off Saturday night and have family movie night in the camper with the DD. popcorn:: So, by the time we go away on vacation DH is tired. We work on vacation. Every morning without fail at the very least we check to see what it new on market and what has come off. Some people use vacation as a time for adventure, we see it as a time to decompress. Did I mention we are BORING, BORING people?
That is part of why I want to do this. We need to celebrate that we have beat the odds and are still married (and are still best friends). When we found out DD had a disability we were warned that our marriage would fall apart. It made us stronger because we had a common goal. Work to provide for her no matter what.
I love the idea of the campfire area! Hey, we could do a gg vow renewal!
@ Lorna I will need the closings to pay for this ordeal!:rolleyes1

Congrats!

I also know you can have an event on the beach - though I think they prefer to not rent it to you - if you ask and push it. We looked at it, but the logistics of getting a group from WL to the beach were a little tricky (75 people). In the resorts, there's no fee to rent a space, but usually Food and Bev minimums. I'm not sure about the wedding packages, though.

I know it's not a white sand beach in the keys, but it IS very Disney and very FTW.

Happy (early) Anniversary all!!

Coincidentally, next year will be our 15th as well AND we'll be at the Fort around Halloween also (double spooky!)

We actually DID elope. It was planned but we didn't tell a soul. We just stopped by the j.p. in town on our way to Christmas Eve dinner (talk about a surprise for the family!) and then had a big cookout the following summer.

I don't regret it for one second, but I am kind of thinking next year might actually be something a bit more formal for us, although not TOO formal.

Hmmm.... would they let you wear shorts and flip flops at the GF wedding chapel? :rolleyes1

The venues they offer are just not what I have in mind.

I'd be willing to be that if you have the budget, Disney would put together whatever kind of celebration you want, wherever you want.

I think a Fort Celebration sounds like a wonderful idea - however you do it. :goodvibes

QUOTE Hmmm.... would they let you wear shorts and flip flops at the GF wedding chapel? :rolleyes1

I'd be willing to be that if you have the budget, Disney would put together whatever kind of celebration you want, wherever you want. END QUOTE

You answered your own question. If you will pay for it you can wear what you want. I could show up in overalls and slippers and DH in a wifebeater what are they going to do? We would say it was themed. For the record, I would not wear that. (maybe my pink camo uggs since it would be fancy):bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter