Fort Wilderness to Epcot

Eljay

DIS Veteran
Can someone please tell me how much time to realistically allow to get from our cabin to Epcot?

We have to be at the gate at 8:30 am for a Y.E.S. class and we can't be late.

Is there a direct bus or will we have to transfer? Or, am I better off driving?

Thanks! :)

We're doing a YES class at Epcot as well and my plan was to drive over from the cabin. It's a fairly quick drive, as far as WDW goes, as long as you turn left out of FW and take the Bonnet Creek Dr route.

Any other time and I'd get over to TTC and take the monorail, but there are too many connections we could miss. On a purely personal level, hurrying to make the bus in order to make the train is too much like my commute.

ETA: I think there is a direct bus from the Outpost but I think I can still get there faster by driving.

Whether driving or taking the bus, I had sort of figured to allow an hour.
It seems like that's the default time allowance for me, for getting between parks, or from onsite hotel to a park.
Does that seem right?

If I decide on the bus, does that mean we have to catch a bus at our loop bus stop,
then change to an Epcot bus at the Outpost?

Yes on the 2 busses. Normally the one hour is a good estimate but to be sure I would probably allow 1:15 to 1:30. Do you know what time Epcot opens that morning? That might make a difference in the frequency of the buses.

Elijay,

We drive to all the parks except the MK. It will only take about 30 minutes to drive to Epcot, park, and walk to the front gate. Of course you will want to add some cushion time. Your Fort parking pass gets you into Epcot at no charge.

I wouldn't rely on the WDW bus system since you have a firm time commitment that early in the morning. I mean if it was at 1 pm and you were heading to Epcot after breakfast anyway, that would be no biggie.

Driving would be best.

Have fun!

Bama ED

Thanks everyone for the advise!
Y.E.S. is Youth Education Series. There are some great threads about it. They offer classes for school age kids and very affordable park admission.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would definitely drive in. We did a YES class in Feb. and they run like clockwork. I would not risk being late and left out.

liabeea said:
I would definitely drive in. We did a YES class in Feb. and they run like clockwork. I would not risk being late and left out.

I'm going to be so nervous about being on time that morning!

I would drive. We always drive to YES classes. Its easier and less stressful :)

Great topic & insight. Clemson Tiger Cubs also taking Y.E.S. class and we'll definitely drive. Thanks a ton for this!

We're doing a YES class at Epcot as well and my plan was to drive over from the cabin. It's a fairly quick drive, as far as WDW goes, as long as you turn left out of FW and take the Bonnet Creek Dr route.

Any other time and I'd get over to TTC and take the monorail, but there are too many connections we could miss. On a purely personal level, hurrying to make the bus in order to make the train is too much like my commute.

ETA: I think there is a direct bus from the Outpost but I think I can still get there faster by driving.
Clickmichelle, I looked at a map to try to figure out the Bonnet Creek route you mentioned, but I can't quite see how to get to the Epcot lot. Will there be signs, or could you please provide more detailed directions? Thanks.

Yes on the 2 busses. Normally the one hour is a good estimate but to be sure I would probably allow 1:15 to 1:30. Do you know what time Epcot opens that morning? That might make a difference in the frequency of the buses.
AuntBJ, Epcot opens at 9:00 on our Y.E.S. class day and we have to report at 8:30.

What is a Y.E.S class?
For anyone that has kids between 5 -18 that are willing to take a 3 hr. class in a Disney park and would like discounted admission tickets for their family, here are some links to Y.E.S. info. :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2894626

http://www.disneyyouth.com/individual-enrollment/overview/

I did a Y.E.S. class at Epcot from the Fort in July. We drove and were at Epcot in about 25 minutes. Since the park opened well after we were supposed to be there, we ended up parking right up front and getting to the flagpole was a breeze.

You could also ask at the desk about transportation to Epcot for the YES program. I have heard that they sometimes make arrangements for you.

Clickmichelle, I looked at a map to try to figure out the Bonnet Creek route you mentioned, but I can't quite see how to get to the Epcot lot. Will there be signs, or could you please provide more detailed directions? Thanks.

Turn left out of FW and go down past the Eagle Pines golf course to the Bonnet Creek Dr light. Turn right. Head down Bonnet Creek, past Port Orleans on your left, and look for the signs to Epcot. It will be a right turn and I want to say it's the second light, but it's been a few years. The right turn will take you over a little canal and you'll be traveling on Epcot Center Dr. Just stay to the right side and keep on going around the big curve, not up the hill.

I know this map shows some of the old names and is missing some things, but it's fairly good as far as road maps go. I can't highlight the route, sadly.

http://www.disneyzone.net/Maps/roadmap.jpg

Thank you so much, clickmichelle! It was very kind of you to provide such detailed directions.

So I'm here at the fort now, and checked this. Directions are still good, and it's the first light on Bonnet Creek Dr. to make the right turn to Epcot Center Dr. DH and DS made it in 25 minutes this morning for an 8:45 YES class.

We're having a great time. The cabin is fantastic, lines have been short, and Fastpass+ was great. My granddaughter told me yesterday, "Meemo, I so happy!" She's two and got to meet the princesses. :-)

Sounds great, that info is a big help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter